No One Likes us & I DO CARE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Suck it up Princess. I love that other supporters hate us, that's what makes supporting Manly so worthwhile. I don't want to support a "grey" side that doesn't invoke any passion. Nothing finer than rubbing haters' noses in it, can't wait till next Sunday night. If we had never won anything then it may have been a hard road, but when you are a quality side that plays with passion then it's a fun ride. Bring it I say.

C'mon people, you've got to be kidding me. Next we'll be suing people for discriminating against a minority group. Lightn up.

Its all in jest. I hate the Melbourne Storm, Roosters, Dragons, Sebastian Vettel, Man United, and the list goes on. Thats why we watch sport and why everyone has a reason to support one team over another. If you start taking offence to other people hating your team its time to give it away.

You do realise that people don't spend their entire lives sitting around home and office discussing how much they hate Manly. They only hate us once or twice a year during winter when Manly smashes their team. Occasionally, if they are really lucky, they get to really hate us during the first month of spring when we send them packing to another really mad monday.

As for the daily telegraph and the rest of the News range of toilet paper -pfft. I'd prefer to get hit by a bus than waste a dollar on that trash.

Ralphie, I tend to agree with you but...then I think it's because most people are secretly envious of us. I live in Epping which is Tigers and Eels territory and have too many mates that are Dragons supporters that harp on about "11 in a row blah, blah, blah" even though that was before we were born and the Parra supporters well what can they say?
Parra have won nothing in 28 yrs & both the Tigers & Dragons sold their souls & took the cash for what - 1 premiership each!
My mantra is that you can only judge your club on their success in your lifetime - I'm 43 and with 12 GF's, 7 Premierships, countless Minor Premierships, no wooden spoons ( ever ), and lets not underestimate rising from the ashes of "The Beagles".
Most people seem to forget that we were the flagship of the ARL during the SL war and were nearly obliterated because of it.
If they don't like us it is simply because they don't get it and never will.
ps - if my stats are wrong, sorry, but you'll get my drift.:p

I'll admit that the no one likes us and we don't care persona might be a difficult thing to try and sell to sponsors but I do think the club have been trying to turn it around off the field. And that will mainly be through the efforts of our crop of youngsters like Foran and DCE who already seem like polished media performers. Even opposition supporters like these kids and they will help change the clubs profile in the general league community.

Personally, it doesn't worry too much. I enjoy trying to educate those less fortunate than ourselves, supporters of teams without the traditions of success that we have when they drivel inaccuracies about our history.

How about instead of complaining about it, give the children ammo. Teach them why we are hated and why it is something to be PROUD of, rather than something to fear.

I love the fact people don't like us. It doesn't matter what excuse they use, it all comes back to jealousy and that is what you need to teach the kids...get them to rub it in the faces of the people that give them hell.

Ralphie said:
I know we are hated and it's a fact of life. I was born a Manly supporter and played 14 seasons with the Narrabeen Sharks. I am a Sea Eagle through and through. I understand that it is pure jealousy of success that drives it, regardless of what lame excuse they give for hating us, but I can assure you that I was a little distressed by it as a young boy as was my son when he was a boy.

I expect in the next few years to become a grandfather and I for one would like the level of vitriol towards us to subside so my Grand children don't have to endure the abuse as kids. We no longer live on the Peninsula and so the hatred is far more apparent.

For mine, I think the club should consider some form of effort to try to reduce the hatred directed at us. It's all good and well for we adults to thrive on it, but the kids who live outside the Northern Beaches really do cop an unfair wrap out of all of this. We should stop embracing it and try to address it.

We are not Silvertails, we are a struggling club with a proud history.
We do not buy Premierships, more than most clubs we develop young players.

The hatred and abuse this week has been, frankly, sickening.

End of Rant
I think that is what some of our senior people are trying to do Ralphie. Namely the new CEO.

Interesting piece by Brad Walter in today's SMH about how our players help out various charities and how Brent Kite is up for this year's Ken Stephen Medal. The article suggested that traditionally the Club liked to keep this stuff low-key. Now maybe someone had a word in the media manager's ear to suggest - 'Peter, it's not enough for the readers of the Manly Daily to be informed of this, everyone else should know too.'

I could of course be way off beam here, but some clubs seem far more adept at getting positive stories about their players off-field work making it into the wider media than we do.

Maybe things will start to change shortly, with a new media person and perhaps the implementation of the IC. And maybe when the likes of Arko, Orange, Zorba and Co no longer reflect on how it was in their day and why it's therefore great to be hated, we might be able to move on as a Club. Maybe then too, we won't find it so hard to attract major sponsors, funding for ground upgrades and not suffer $1 million + losses on a semi-regular basis. It ain't 1973 anymore. We don't rely on the Leagues Club grant to basically cover the costs of players, coaching staff, ground upgrades etc etc. That's impossible today.

Surely it's not too hard for some people to join the dots?

My two cents worth.

Duff said:
Rex said:
You can train a dog to be afraid. Then it automatically reacts with fear.
You can train a boy to be afraid. Then he automatically reacts with fear.

Hatred is a form of trained fear, as is jealousy.
Haters are puppets, trapped in terror.

Feel sorry for the haters. Their pain far exceeds yours.

Nice theory but it just doesn't work that way.

Hatred can also come from contempt.
Hatred can come from a sense of superiority.

I hate those i am superior to, i envy those superior to me and aspire to be them in order that i can then hate on those who are as i am now.
Work that one out Socrates.

Child's play. Things change, you change.

If your worth depends on you being superior to others, then you're ALWAYS at threat.

At threat = in fear.

Suffer bitch.

Rex said:
Duff said:
Rex said:
You can train a dog to be afraid. Then it automatically reacts with fear.
You can train a boy to be afraid. Then he automatically reacts with fear.

Hatred is a form of trained fear, as is jealousy.
Haters are puppets, trapped in terror.

Feel sorry for the haters. Their pain far exceeds yours.

Nice theory but it just doesn't work that way.

Hatred can also come from contempt.
Hatred can come from a sense of superiority.

I hate those i am superior to, i envy those superior to me and aspire to be them in order that i can then hate on those who are as i am now.
Work that one out Socrates.

Child's play. Things change, you change.

If your worth depends on you being superior to others, then you're ALWAYS at threat.

At threat = in fear.

Suffer bitch.

Fail.
You've stated that "you're always at threat" but haven't backed up how or why.

I don't feel threatened by those i hate. I feel offended that they think they have the same rights & just wish they'd go away.

The point I'm making is not to dismiss the hate that others have for us. It's bitter & it's real. Some may just be moron reactionaries but a lot of them geninely want us harmed. Not because they fear us but because our happiness makes them feel ill.

If you believe they genuinely want you harmed, and if you believe they can genuinely harm you, then right there is your world of threat and suffering. Mind-created. Yes. Irrational. Yes.

You imagine you're under some threat which doesn't even exist. Right now you're sitting in front of your computer sceen. Safe and sound. Have a look and see.

And with those thoughts you create, you unknowingly repeatedly pump those stress hormones throughout your body - right now - that may send you to your early grave. Which is the real threat? Those imagined enemies or your irrational and self-destructive thoughts?

Bollocks, if a Manly fan trips & breaks their leg on the way into the stadium tonight, the surrounding Bronco fans will laugh (unless she's a single hottie) and hope to see more of it. Same goes both ways and for everyone though.

Success? What success?

I seriously don't understand Manly fans that continue to talk up their team's success. In the past 20 odd years, you have won 2 Grand Finals.

People don't hate Manly because of that, we hate them because they are the most backwards, and arrogant club going. Everything that happens to them is a big NRL conspiracy, because the NRL is against them. It's never Manly's fault.

Manly's fans are fine (apart from not going to games.... lol boycott), but the management in that club needs to step out of the 70's and catch up.

Good luck tonight boys. Win or lose, both teams, it's going to be a cracking match.

You are flogging a dead horse,trying to reverse this hatred.
Cast your mind back to the 1995, we were still hated against a club like Canterbury which sold its soul to the devil and betrayed the ARL

Truth is until we get a wooden spoon, play with no passion, become a non threat , this barbaric outside behaviour will continue. I appreciate its not good to always cop the unfair critisism, but while the Seaeagles are contendors it will continue so dont expect the rot to stop anytime soon. I guarantee tonight & next week when you look at the scoreboard after 80 minutes the hatred will not only be erased - those outsiders unfounded opinions & comments will get worse yet sound better...

MMM's roy & hg or whatever their names are wern't making matters any better yesterday arvo.Both giving there views why manly is the most hated club.

The more they hate us the sweeter our wins are , and for all the Manly haters that are reading this forum You can all go and get ****ed you losers!!!

I say **** them all. They will never like us so why fight it. Instead we must use it to propel our team into the finals year after year.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6