No-one Says "Lottoland" With A Straight Face

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nuttybott

Reserve Grader
Has anyone else noticed this? During Wide World of Sports this morning, then The Sunday Footy Show, then during the coverage of the game itself it seemed that none of the presenters/commentators on Ch 9 could call Brookvale Oval "Lottoland" without at least a smirk on their face, if not a chuckle out loud at the sheer inanity of this ludicrous name. And quite rightly too, because it IS ridiculous...in fact downright embarrassing. Now before all of you shoot me down in flames, I fully understand that it was a commercial decision, taken purely in the interest of keeping our beloved club at its rightful location on the Northern Beaches. But the fact remains that this naming rights deal has made the club a laughing stock, setting itself up to be the butt of endless jokes over the next three years. And I have yet to meet anyone who actually likes the name...I can easily see it falling into complete disuse long before the naming rights deal expires...

Life is too short to worry about a silly name for Brookvale Oval.

The bottom line is that there should be no excuses from here on, about who pays (and how) towards the routine upkeep of the ground.

Yvonne Sampson called it Lottoland once and then went back to Brookvale Oval.

It's sponsorship only, not actually changing the name of the Oval permanently.

Just ignore it, I did, and will!

Yeah, well...as I said I fully expect the name to be largely ignored by the fans, and most commentators too...apart from the ones who have to call it "Lottoland" for contractual reasons. It will be interesting to see just how many people are still using the name in three years time...

"Will the name go back to Brookvale Oval after the three years?"
"Only if Lottoland don't extend, or another sponsor doesn't come onboard."

...or if the name "Lottoland" isn't laughed out of existence long before then. @:D

It'd be OK if you could shorten it or Australianize it by chucking an 'O'on the end of it, but that doesn't work. Then I scared myself shiitless when I tried Lotti Oval!:eek:.....(those that frequented the old MWSE fan forum will know what I'm talking about).

A rose by any other name.....

will still have childish morons from channel nine laughing about it.

All of what you say is perfectly true, gentlemen...but the fact remains that the name "Lottoland" is ridiculous and embarrassing.

I can't even say it myself without rolling my eyes... @:rolleyes:

It'd be OK if you could shorten it or Australianize it by chucking an 'O'on the end of it, but that doesn't work. Then I scared myself shiitless when I tried Lotti Oval!:eek:.....(those that frequented the old MWSE fan forum will know what I'm talking about).

Ah the memories!!

Has anyone else noticed this? During Wide World of Sports this morning, then The Sunday Footy Show, then during the coverage of the game itself it seemed that none of the presenters/commentators on Ch 9 could call Brookvale Oval "Lottoland" without at least a smirk on their face, if not a chuckle out loud at the sheer inanity of this ludicrous name. And quite rightly too, because it IS ridiculous...in fact downright embarrassing. Now before all of you shoot me down in flames, I fully understand that it was a commercial decision, taken purely in the interest of keeping our beloved club at its rightful location on the Northern Beaches. But the fact remains that this naming rights deal has made the club a laughing stock, setting itself up to be the butt of endless jokes over the next three years. And I have yet to meet anyone who actually likes the name...I can easily see it falling into complete disuse long before the naming rights deal expires...
If you win lotto this week you won't think that the name is funny

Besides we cannot call it the fortress any more

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8