No reception at the leagues club this year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Will be beverages be sold at brookie during the live site, or will I be going dry/bringing a hip flask?

Daniel said:
Will be beverages be sold at brookie during the live site, or will I be going dry/bringing a hip flask?

Some Q&A from MWSE site. Maybe Larissa can confirm if beverages contain alcohol.

Q. Can I BYO Alcohol?
A. No BYO alcohol is permitted at Brookvale Oval.

Q. Can we buy food and beverages there?
A. Yes, We have a range of food and beverages for sale.

Q. Can I bring my own food in to the Live Site?
A. No Commercial food will be permitted into the Oval, Home made sandwiches, crisps, nuts, fruit, etc for a picnic will be permitted. No glass is permitted.

Q. Can I bring my own chair?
A. Yes. Please note only low chairs with curved legs are permitted on the Oval. There are plenty of benches around the edge of fenceline.

Sorry Dan doesnt really answer your question

Wheel said he thinks the bar closes at 10. We will probably make it for a couple after the game. Might carry a flask.

After the debacle in '08, I'm happy with the live site arrangement.

Last GF I'd paid for a bus ticket which also supposedly 'guaranteed' entry to the club but this was not to be. With ticket in hand I was in the middle of chaos trying to get in and then being crushed with all the pushing & shoving so much that I feared for my safety and eventually had to retreat. I took off bitterly disappointed, didn't even get to see the team arrive and disgusted with the whole farce.

Really glad some sense has prevailed this time and don't mind paying $20 for the pleasure.

This is the best idea. I was stuck in the mess last time and it was not good. Quite frankly I was extremely peeved at the people that had stayed on the Northern Beaches for the game then decided to come down to the Leagues Club. That won't happen this time. It will allow us to celebrate with the boys, give the club extra money, then all the kids and parents can go home (like they did in 08) and we can go continue the night at the Leagues.

The players won't be going back either, they are celebrating somewhere else on the night.

As for the Leagues club, the bar is bigger, they've shut off the Lyons Den and upstairs no longer exists. It's half the size it was and I've heard stories of people in 07 and 08 having to climb on the benches to see anything. At least this won't have to happen this time.

Think about it as well: $20 x 20,000? that's $400,000 in one night just on tickets. Take costs out and its probably $200,000. However, with the $500,000 prizemoney that will lower our debts quite considerably.

I think you are the only one that doesn't like this mate.

The thing I am looking forward to most :

Meeting up with the MWTS after a long and hard won victory and singing into the night. Chances are only some of us would have made it into the Leagues, but now we can be sure we can all be together.

MY GARDEN SHED!

NY your're on your own here mate. We got in (still can't remember how?)I had the daughter (11) and my niece(17) at the time.It was crazy, but more from a legal and OH&S point of view, it was dangerous.I had to bribe the kid with money so she wouldn't tell her mother the shiit fight I dragged her threw!(she did, after she spent the money..:bash: )

Exactly Wombie.....and this is why it's been changed, for the sake of $20 why would anyone want to go through that again...you were lucky you got in, thousands and thousands didn't. This is a fabulous idea from the club, sure there's a cost (but there's a big cost to run it no doubt) but rather than the ****fight we had in 2008 at least with Brooky you won't be fearing for your life. As I said above I had a bunch of females with me (on my tour in 2008) and said "follow me"...we got near the front but couldn't get in but dead set it was "siege mentality" going on and I thought were were all going to die geting squashed against the front doors....how any one could want that again is beyond me...sorry NY, get the $20 out of your back pocket and buy a ticket mate, the only way to see the players and in "relitive" safety (compared to this debacle).

Mark from Brisbane said:
No loss of atmosphere... were any of you in the middle of the Melee that was 2008....I was, 10,000 people trying to get into the Leagues Club it was a ****fight...an utter ****fight....I was lucky (unlucky) to be near the door...thought that might mean I would get in (I didn't)...I had a group of ladies with me that aolmost feared for their lives.....it was chaos, absolute total chaos, Police trying to keep us out, the 9990 behind trying to push in....scary stuff......Oh sure a great time when the players arrived and a shute was cut through the crowd to bring them in (and we all cheered) but otherwise it was unadulterated chaos.

In 2011 the club is HALF the size, what they have done by moving this all to Brooky is the best thing to ever happen, the club should be applauded for the idea it will mean thousands will be able to see the team and in relative safety.

So it costs $20....in the scheme of things....have TWO less beers at ANZ and you have covered it.

I was there Mark and agree with you. After returning from the GF, we walked over from Brookvale Oval and couldn't get closer to the Club entrance than the carpark across the road.

The live site is a great idea for the post-match reception.

My mail, Not your mail! :) is that the players will at some stage in the evening go back to the leagues club to thank the sponsors! :)

Do you have to pre-buy tickets or can you rock up on the night and buy to get in?

I'm going with a bunch of weak drinkers, no idea what their plans will be after the game. Probably go home the saps, or I could convince them to get on it.

I'd imagine you could, you'd lose a bit of cashola by only allowing pre-purchases in.

Well, work just gave me two free A-Class tickets to the game (taking the missus), and I might just get me a spot at Brooky after as well !

Be great to celebrate the win.

Pumped.

Volley said:
Do you have to pre-buy tickets or can you rock up on the night and buy to get in?

Volley, see http://www.silvertails.net/news/5892-players-to-go-back-to-brookvale.
It says tickets can be bought at the gate.

For those saying that the team isn't going back to the club this year I suggest you read the clue in the prize package for renewing membership before the end of the week. It certainly caught my eye;

Your prize will include:
Limo transfer to & from the Grand Final
Four Category 1 tickets to the Grand Final
$100 food & beverage voucher at the game
Spend 1 hour with the team after the game at the Manly Leagues Club
A signed 2011 jersey

Either this is a mistake or they are definitely going back there. How accessable they will be is another question.

I'll be at Brookvale Live as I have purchased 3 of Mark's packages and think it is a fantastic idea. I wasn't there in 08 (afterwards at the club) but from the sounds of things I'm glad I wasn't.

Team will be at the leagues but its a private function for the sponsors so not available to public if you read through everything.

So unless you are a sponsor then you will need to goto the oval

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8