No Taufua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jorge hopeful of return

http://au.sports.yahoo.com/league/news/article/-/22477946/taufua-hopeful-of-manly-selection/

AAP © Enlarge photo

Manly winger Jorge Taufua is confident he can make a return to action this weekend against Cronulla despite not being named by coach Geoff Toovey for Sunday's clash with the Sharks at Brookvale Oval.

Taufua has been sidelined since February when he dislocated his shoulder in a trial victory over Parramatta, but the former Parramatta junior, who has been tipped as a NSW State of Origin contender, is still hopeful of playing this weekend.

"All the rehab's gone well so it's just up to Tooves to put me out there and see how I go," Taufua said.

"I'm available, so it's up to Tooves if he picks me.

"A few boys have been playing really well but I'm available if he picks me."

"It's been a tough few weeks watching but I can't wait to get out there with the boys for the first game for me. I'm excited."

MadMarcus said:
Great thread title for a thread about how Taufua is back!

Is he? Do you know that for sure? He wasn't named in the team list for this week's game against the Sharks but there have been other articles elsewhere that say that he hopes to be or is expected to be back this week so we will just have to wait and see if he runs out onto the field on Sunday. :)

Frank said:
IMO we will not be at full strength whilst Blair is out and the wolfman is in

If we're at fullstrength Jorge is one winger and the other spot is toss up between Wolfie and Hiku.

Blair is a good fill in when we've got injuries but that's about it.

Horhay is back.

This was a funny little quote post game

One blemish on Taufua’s performance was being run down by Cronulla prop Sam Tagataese after running 60 metres after taking an intercept on his goal line.

“He is pretty quick but there is no excuse,” Taufua said. “I have to work on some speed. [Anthony Watmough] won’t let it go. I don’t know if he’ll ever get over it.”

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-match-report/manly-winger-jorge-taufua-stars-on-return-in-win-over-cronulla-sharks-20140413-zqu5h.html#ixzz2ylGKUeRF

Jorge looked like he had put on weight in this layoff. He did look a lot slower to me than in previous seasons.

The Who said:
Jorge looked like he had put on weight in this layoff. He did look a lot slower to me than in previous seasons.

agreed, whilst speed is something we're always lacking, i like the power game of Horhey!
who needs to go round them when you can go thru them!

the mauler said:
Frank said:

If we're at fullstrength Jorge is one winger and the other spot is toss up between Wolfie and Hiku.

Couldn't disagree more. IMO on form alone Blair has been better for us. Blair's height also gives us options that simply aren't there with our current crop of wingers. I don't see Hiku as a winger and I suspect he was selected against the Sharks as a message that we want to retain him.

Either way I see this as a "make or break" year for the wolfman.

bones said:
IMO, Jorge is as good as any winger in the NRL.

He's good, but the best winger in the NRL is Daniel Tupou from Easts. He's tall, fast and I believe he was the reason Easts got back into the grand final against us lat year.

Frank said:
the mauler said:
Frank said:

Couldn't disagree more. IMO on form alone Blair has been better for us. Blair's height also gives us options that simply aren't there with our current crop of wingers. I don't see Hiku as a winger and I suspect he was selected against the Sharks as a message that we want to retain him.

I agree that Hiku isn't a winger but he's still a better option than Blair.
Pace is about equal, Blair is lost in defence and Hiku is better under the high ball.

Hiku is a class act whilst Blair is a fringe 1st grader.

Reading on here sometimes you end up thinking that all it takes to be a winger these days is tall, maybe we should go and recruit a few basketballers then ? It is a far too simplistic way of judging a winger these days for many people

Brett Morris still runs rings around most wingers in the comp at 6 foot

Fantastic to have Jorge back. He's starting late but should again sit atop the Manly try scoring chart come end of year!

the mauler said:
Frank said:
the mauler said:
Frank said:

I agree that Hiku isn't a winger but he's still a better option than Blair.
Pace is about equal, Blair is lost in defence and Hiku is better under the high ball.

Hiku is a class act whilst Blair is a fringe 1st grader.

I'm not really arguing Hiku v Blair, more Blair v Wolfman. As I said in the beginning. IMO a full strength side on current form would have Blair in it instead of wolfie.

On the subject of Hiku I don't question his class. I do question his spark off the mark. If he had that he could be anything.

Brookie said:
The Who said:
agreed, whilst speed is something we're always lacking, i like the power game of Horhey!
who needs to go round them when you can go thru them!
HorHay will lose weight, get his timing and is SOO bound.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6