No try ruling

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
But we are constantly told that a "forward Pass" is adjudged by the passer's hands which can be clearly seen by video assessment. It doesn't have anything to do with camera angles.
If the Bunker can rule on what a leaper's eyes were affixed on when contesting a bomb then video should be able to tell if the ball left the passer's hands forwards, backwards or in-line.
I don't understand how they can rule on offside and knock on buy not forward pass. If the pass hits the deck first they can rule on it but if it's caught they can't....

As for the one Friday night, the player that rushed DCE was offside. The offside is a deliberate penalty. The offside player caused the player the rush a pass that caused it to go "forward". The forward pass stopped a try. Doesn't that make the offside a professional foul? I feel these "6 Again" rules are being exploited inside both 20m zones badly.
Something has to be done about teams blatantly giving away 6 again on the first tackle when defending a team coming our of their own 20m.

Storm do this often, but the attacking team should be able to kick for touch and get another 20+ metres downfield. They got us a couple of times like that to be able to form their defensive line. ****s me no end :)
Melbourne and Roosters both push the limits when the attacking team is coming out of their own 20m zone. They will both hold down for an extended time and both rush the attack from a borderline at best 10m's. The consequence is a 6 again call which on the 1st or 2nd tackle inside your own half means next to nothing.

I would like if the captain had the option to take the traditional penalty or continue with the 6 again.

I know in the long run it didn't have a bearing on the result, but how did the Touchie rule the pass from DCE to Harpo forward?
Let's see if he gets sacked.
Everybody on the coverage said the ball went backwards, and it wasn't even line-ball.
All the Touchie had to do was watch DCE's hands to see it was passed backwards. Even if it floated forward it is still a legitimate pass.
Because "forward-passes" are deemed unchallengeable it rendered the Captain's Challenge useless.
Now, imagine if this incident happened in a tight contest in the grand final?
What sort of sport are we playing where certain obvious incorrect rulings can't be corrected?
What's the point of the Bunker being able to pick up an unimportant ruling such as a "downtown" and not be able to rule on passes which play a somewhat vital role in RL?
It did not affect the result but that call was an absolute howler from the touchie and there needs to be a sanction as a result, bets there wont be!!

There simply is too many technical rules in the sport these days, most of which have usurped common sense principles.
One nit-picking rule is the play-the-ball. Does it really matter if the ball comes minutely away from the hand as it is about to be raked back? I'm not talking about dropping the ball cold which is obvious. But several times per match a player get's pinged for such a minor matter that kills the momentum of a match. Just let the game flow.
I'm also long over this "inside right shoulder" crap when determining an interference call. Just use the common sense rules that were put in place in 1908. We can all tell if a defender has been impeded significantly to stop his chance of making a tackle. Now defenders pretend they were impeded.
"... and the Daly M for best acting in the role of a professional footballer goes to...."

The 6 again really needs a look into.. that one when Tom was down, called held, then the Storm player came in late and hammered him while he was defenseless, just to be called a 6 again (on first tackle, so no benefit to manly at all) is a disgrace... It's a penalty every single day of the week.. melb always find a loophole to play filthy..
The no try was a joke too, a pass was rushed because of the offside player, could almost argue for penalty try... Wouldn't have been forward if the off side player didn't get involved

There simply is too many technical rules in the sport these days, most of which have usurped common sense principles.
One nit-picking rule is the play-the-ball. Does it really matter if the ball comes minutely away from the hand as it is about to be raked back? I'm not talking about dropping the ball cold which is obvious. But several times per match a player get's pinged for such a minor matter that kills the momentum of a match. Just let the game flow.
I'm also long over this "inside right shoulder" crap when determining an interference call. Just use the common sense rules that were put in place in 1908. We can all tell if a defender has been impeded significantly to stop his chance of making a tackle. Now defenders pretend they were impeded.
"... and the Daly M for best acting in the role of a professional footballer goes to...."
Yet you can make no attempt to play the ball with your foot and it's okay.
If you try to play it correctly and it bobbles a bit it's ruled a knock on.
No wonder so many play tunnel ball.

Unfortunately they had to go with the "inside shoulder" determination because common sense is in short supply in the bunker.
Like the Penalty Try today wasn't one yesterday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8