Nofoaluma was short

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Berkeley_Eagle said:
I thought Nofo was reasonably tall

The OP meant that nofo placed the ball down before the tryline, and hence was 'short' of the line.

He wasn't casting aspersions on the height of nofo, but I can see where the confusion could be made.

*You're welcome*

Have a nice day.

:)

SeaEagleRock8 said:
MissKate said:
RiverEagle said:
Pretty lame if any Tigs fans want to say that had any bearing on the eventual result!

Girdler and the other whiney little bitches on the radio all agreed that if the kittens had been given that try they would def have gone on and won the game
Can't argue with that, it was a crucial moment in the game, if the try was given Tigers would have won by 20-30, so it was actually a 60 point turn-around.

Regardless of whether it was a try or not, the Roosters and Souths both have byes this round, so manly will drop to about 27th on the ladder by Monday.

I thought he was short, but I got so sick of Freddie and Rabbits whinging about it on Nine. The ref ruled on the spot, just get on with the game.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

bones said:
SeaEagleRock8 said:
MissKate said:
RiverEagle said:
Pretty lame if any Tigs fans want to say that had any bearing on the eventual result!

Girdler and the other whiney little bitches on the radio all agreed that if the kittens had been given that try they would def have gone on and won the game
Can't argue with that, it was a crucial moment in the game, if the try was given Tigers would have won by 20-30, so it was actually a 60 point turn-around.

Regardless of whether it was a try or not, the Roosters and Souths both have byes this round, so manly will drop to about 27th on the ladder by Monday.

Trouble maker ;-)

I can't stand Hayne but I'm not sure he called it a no try.

After he blew his whistle for a knock on Hayne seemed to be yelling at the pocket referee asking if the Tigers player lost the ball in the field of play or in goal.

That makes me think the pocket referee called it a knock on over the microphone and so Hayne blew his whistle, but didn't know whether to restart play with a scrum or 20m tap.

Personally I thought it was a try. However, any suggestions that Hayne calling it short affected the end result (i.e. Manly winning, the score may have been different though) is fooling themselves.

More important though. Shame Hayne showed last night why he should not be let anywhere near first grade.

Pretty funny how the commentators and media are crapping on about a dud call, yet in last years GF we have a blatant forward pass that resulted in a match turning moment and not even mentioned after the game.

No way that was a try. Short, then knock on. For once a ref was on the spot and made a decision.

Andy 1972 said:
I thought he was short, but I got so sick of Freddie and Rabbits whinging about it on Nine. The ref ruled on the spot, just get on with the game.

Andy1972
Manly Forever.

A clear case of commentary team trying to rustle up some semblance of a contest. Gotta keep the fans on the edge of their seats!

Looks short to me, right call

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 31
My wife (who hates and doesn't understand the game) said it was short and then commented on does that mean it is not goal.

So a non-fan said it was no try. I rest my case. :D

Having said that if it was a Manly player who 'scored it' I would have said it was a fair try and the officials are anti-Manly. :p

Either way we won they lost boo hoo.

The only issue with this no-try was how we let him get so close. More attention on defence, less on hair style...!

strone33 said:

This photo was published by the DT who would have loved to prove it was a try. That photo shows it was short and it is the best they could come up with.

Clearly a no try.

G'day all,Got to admit I thought it was a try and also thought JB's no try did brush one blade of grass although you could probably mount an argument either way.Still neither decision comes anywhere near the try that got awarded to "the grub"when he was clearly 6 inches short of the line.Now who was that ref?That wouldn't of been the same bloke as last night would it now!
cheers mike

Ralphie said:
strone33 said:

This photo was published by the DT who would have loved to prove it was a try. That photo shows it was short and it is the best they could come up with.

Clearly a no try.

If they used a photo from a couple of frames later it would be a clear 'try'. Still photos prove nothing.

I thought it was a try. I suppose the issue is if Hayne sends it upstairs then he probably rules "no try - check grounding" given his on field ruling. Is there enough evidence there to overturn that ??

For the record I thought it was a try. It landed short but momentum touched the line... Not that it made a difference...if that was us I'd be quite irrate it wasn't awarded

SeaEagle007 said:
For the record I thought it was a try. It landed short but momentum touched the line... Not that it made a difference...if that was us I'd be quite irrate it wasn't awarded

Double movement then?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4