Now it's personal

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
MELBOURNE prop Brett White has labelled Manly's forwards the competition benchmark as Storm steels itself for Friday night's "personal" showdown at Brookvale Oval.

Despite taking its club to two successive grand finals, White claimed Storm's pack had been overtaken by the Sea Eagles, with the score to be settled in, so far, the game of the season.

The New South Wales enforcer warned his teammates to be on their game from kick-off, with Melbourne expecting a fiery Manly to use its loss in last year's grand final as motivation.

"They certainly have the most dominant pack," White said last night. "They've got some big boys up there.

"No doubt they'll be taking this game personal after what happened last year. We know how they'll be coming out. It's a big thing for us to see how we handle that and react to that."

The battle between the teams will go a long way towards deciding the minor premiership. Manly, holding a superior for-and-against record, sit atop the table, one win clear of Melbourne, Sydney Roosters and Cronulla.

White said Storm, which faces the Roosters Friday week, was aware of the importance of the next two weeks, with Brisbane stalking the leaders.

"It's massive, the next two weeks," White said. "I was looking at the table before and we can fall to fifth (with successive losses).

"Over the next fortnight we could easily fall away. We realise how big it is."

Storm, which thrashed Gold Coast 44-4 on Friday, regains lock Dallas Johnson (rested) with prop Scott Anderson dropping off the bench. Manly is unchanged from its big win against Penrith.

Melbourne has not won at Brookvale since 1999. They lost 13-12 there last year but have won the past two meetings away from the ground - including the decider.

"For us to go there is like what it is for other teams to come down here. It's a tough place to go," White said.

Bret White the enforcer.  Too funny.

Kiteand Pery will show him and the NSW selctors on Friday that this guy is an imposter.

The even more amusing thing is that Al Baxter is the most capped Wallaby prop ever.

I'm not !!!!!!!!! It's more a testament to the amount of games they play these days than his ability, obviously. It takes nothing to rack up 20 tests these days, even easier in a world cup year.

Chip & Chase link said:
I'm not !!!!!!!!! It's more a testament to the amount of games they play these days than his ability, obviously. It takes nothing to rack up 20 tests these days, even easier in a world cup year.

A lot of them would have been 10 minutes off the bench against tired props. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8