NRL 360

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
I've watched NRL 360 since it began and am interested in the views of others on the program this year. I find it almost unbearable to watch these days and rarely make it through a full episode.

Putting personalities aside, my concerns are:

1. The show is ridiculously repetitive. The panel must have discussed whether 'Penrith is among the all-time great teams' and if 'Cleary is among the great halfbacks' on at least 50 occasions. West Tigers consumed a third of the overall content this year. The editorial judgement for NRL 360 is almost non-existent.

2. Too much hubris has crept into the program this year. Like or loathe Rothfield, it's grating to see the main hosts (who have spent five minutes in the media) each night lampooning someone who has decades of rugby league experience, and by far offers the most insight on the panel (not hard). The new arrogance in the program is disrespectful and annoying. A embarrassing low was recently reached with that lame, recurring joke on the Sydney restaurant.

3. The lack of diversity is galling. NRL 360 would vastly benefit from a permanent female host on the panel, or at least one woman in its regular experts each week. It's shameful that this show is so blokey. Fox Sports has some excellent female rugby league journos. It's a disgrace they aren't given bigger (or any) roles on NRL360.

4. The format is tired. Repeating the same topics over and over in the first segment, then in the next segment for the player's perspective, is dumb. The show purports to cover 'rugby league from all angles' but overlooks about 348 of them. What about deep dives into a club, an occasional interview with leading NRL sports scientists, physios or dieticians, a bit more 'Xs and Os' in analysis of footage (rather than showing the same limited footage in the background non-stop).

It's a shame that a once great program is now laughably bad. I say this not to criticise individuals on the program, but to lament the program's rapidly declining quality. Fewer ex-footballers stuck in the past and more journos who keep the conversation moving along and add genuine insight, please (although some journos on the program don't add much).

Most of all, some fresh faces and fresh thinking to fix NRL360.

They need to sit back and watch how Rex Mossop used to bring the tough old interviews and more real feel....it's almost like they are all out to do a comedy skit from A to Z, with footy 2nd or 3rd on the agenda of a "Fotty Show" ?
Pretty much don't watch any unless Manly have won a good game to see a few player interviews and stuff, but for the most part find it repetitive and pretty average humour.

3orif3kFN63OxWgYBq.gif

NRL 360 died when Ben Iken left he jumped a sinking ship and then when Kent got the punt for the DV charges it hit an all-time low, even though he was annoying he fired up. Anasta must be related to someone at FOX as he is appalling and has always been so when Tallis came on board it really turned into a farce pretending to be an RL information program, it has been all about the old players with egos we don't need to put up with. I prefer 100% Footy. p.s. Sunday's footy show needs to get rid of Johns and Fittler to remind us that players can retire with some sort of dignity.

NRL 360 died when Ben Iken left he jumped a sinking ship and then when Kent got the punt for the DV charges it hit an all-time low, even though he was annoying he fired up. Anasta must be related to someone at FOX as he is appalling and has always been so when Tallis came on board it really turned into a farce pretending to be an RL information program, it has been all about the old players with egos we don't need to put up with. I prefer 100% Footy. p.s. Sunday's footy show needs to get rid of Johns and Fittler to remind us that players can retire with some sort of dignity.
I thought it improved drastically when K*nt left

They need to sit back and watch how Rex Mossop used to bring the tough old interviews and more real feel....it's almost like they are all out to do a comedy skit from A to Z, with footy 2nd or 3rd on the agenda of a "Fotty Show" ?
Pretty much don't watch any unless Manly have won a good game to see a few player interviews and stuff, but for the most part find it repetitive and pretty average humour.
Sexy Rexy Mossop was a Mans Man and his Great Aura made his league shows great
Not every one liked Rex especially the jealous tall poppy anti Manly peasants
Like him or not they still watched his top rating shows and his match of the day games

Even though there is no one Like Rex today . I dont mind the 360 boys . A bit of news . A bit of controversy . A bit of madness . A bit of everything for just about everyone .
Not every one can be like the Great Manly Rex , But every one can offer something .

Self assured
Out spoken
Macho
Charismatic
The one and only Moose
1696320224749.png

Sexy Rexy Mossop was a Mans Man and his Great Aura made his league shows great
Not every one liked Rex especially the jealous tall poppy anti Manly peasants
Like him or not they still watched his top rating shows and his match of the day games

Even though there is no one Like Rex today . I dont mind the 360 boys . A bit of news . A bit of controversy . A bit of madness . A bit of everything for just about everyone .
Not every one can be like the Great Manly Rex , But every one can offer something .

Self assured
Out spoken
Macho
Charismatic
The one and only Moose
View attachment 25229
Old Moose would get the Sam Newman treatment from the media.

I watch it every night. I like it but it needs a shake up every season.

Braith and Gordy have been a breath of fresh air.

Phil Rothfield is generally very good, I dont mind Caryiannis. Paul Crawley is excellent. Hooper has his moments.

The show kicks up a gear when Toovey is on.

I am glad Yvonne Sampson didnt last too long as host, but she was ok..

I dont watch Cooper Cronks segments on anything. I find him painful and thinks he knows every thing.

It must be tough doing this show live 3 days a week - they do a great job imo.

Last edited:

Phil Rothfield is generally very good, I dont mind Caryiannis. Paul Crawley is excellent. Hooper has his moments.

I dont watch Cooper Cronks segments on anything. I find him painful and thinks he knows every thing.

Its been a lot better since Kent left.

You have hit the nail on the head. Although
I stopped watching when Manly’s season ended. Cronk is an expert on stating the bleeding obvious. We always fast forward his segments.

Don’t watch anymore due basically to the points in the original post. I actually find it boring and repetitive as well. Can’t stand Braith as the host. Although it comes off as attacking Buzz often, imo it’s all scripted that way and he’s in on it. Again just adding to the boring set up the shows become. Braith is almost like a weird RL version of Jerry Springer when he opens the show “let’s get straight into tonight, Buzz you have a scandal brewing out at Belmore!” Lame

It serves it purpose.

Gives Fox Sports News a story each morning. Lets coaches and players have their say. And gives the NL journalists a chance to be on tv and communicate their various viewpoints.

This will never be a show for someone like me, but can appreciate that their are people out there that like a show like this to watch during the week.

Don’t watch anymore due basically to the points in the original post. I actually find it boring and repetitive as well. Can’t stand Braith as the host. Although it comes off as attacking Buzz often, imo it’s all scripted that way and he’s in on it. Again just adding to the boring set up the shows become. Braith is almost like a weird RL version of Jerry Springer when he opens the show “let’s get straight into tonight, Buzz you have a scandal brewing out at Belmore!” Lame
Funny thing about the show tho, it's as if Kenty never existed, he was the lynchpin of 360, my, how things easily change.

I just can’t agree on the drunk. He is seriously cognitively impaired and just babbles rubbish.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8