NRL ANNOUNCE SALARY CAP CHANGES

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
No I would've thought the massive gambling debts Tandy had - and Greenberg would've known about - were reason enough for a club boss to intervene.

That Tandy went on to try and dictate that penalty against the Cowboys was just the sad culmination of that dysfunction.

My point, as was global's, is towards the character and leadership of Greenberg. OR, lack of those qualities. Tandy's case is just another example of a growing number.

No-one forced Tandy down that road, but nobody , at least on the surface, seemed to try and stop or help him either.

And Greenberg is top of that list.
To do nothing, and cynically deny even knowing of Tandy's chronic addiction is seriously flawed.

Unless you believe the CEO, the head of a club, has no duty of care to all employees, including the players.

That's my point. No implications.

Ron E. Gibbs said:
^ I noticed a news ticker thingy on Fox Sports News about this, with something about Ennis hoping to remain a "one-club player", which conveniently ignores the fact he started at Newcastle, switched to the Dragons then went to the Broncos before he wound up being bought not bred at the Dogs. He's been an A-grade wanker for a long, long time. At four separate clubs.

And in what alternate universe does that career history give him exactly the same consideration, status and entitlement to long service and loyalty as say gifty, King, matai, Thurston etc.

Im more then a little confused about what the NRL hope to achieve with these changes to the veterans allowance in the newly released salary cap changes.
6 Years is way to short a time to be rewarded with a club veteran tag, not even half a career for some. To my mind it should be hard to get so 8 or 10 years seems ideal and then payments not capped per club, but be on a per player basis.
Crazy that some clubs can work at retaining players then be penalized when they have a few that reach the veteran tag and have to split the cash between them all, while other clubs turn over players at such a rate they might only have 1 or even 2 that get to share the same amount, seems to be rewarding clubs who have no loyalty and forgets about fans who want to see 1 club players, who hate seeing guys we have watched for years forced to rival clubs due to this lack of forethought.

When is the NRL going to realize that the fans want to see 1 club players and most long term players want to stay in the 1 club. Surely they can see that this benefits the game more in the long term, happy players but more importantly happy fans. Maybe the RLPA can get some input and modify this ridiculous new change.

By basically doubling the eligibility, the NRL are making the 250k dilute to the point of being useless, as it will be shared by more Players at a Club. I was surprised that the Media didn't highlight this more :dodgy:

There is quite a stir amongst Fans, RLPA and even Players, about DS having sole discretion on retaining/recruiting 'unique' Players.

Folau was a failed AFL man who walked out on RL for money. SBW walked away from RL for money.
Most RL Fans said good riddance. But ALL Fans want Players who have been at their Club for 10 years, to stay. So once again, the NRL ignored us and we will continue the musical chairs game that is Player Contracts :mad:

HappilyManly said:
There is quite a stir amongst Fans, RLPA and even Players, about DS having sole discretion on retaining/recruiting 'unique' Players.
I don't know if it is sole discretion but it sounded like that, didn't it?
A recipe for corruption and favouritism, and rewards players who threaten to leave the code. Truly a bizarre response to a legitimate problem.

Glenn Stewart would be feeling bad enough as he recovers from his broken ankle – and the news the NRL has decided to make it easier for veteran players to stay with their clubs would not make him feel better. Don’t think Stewart is not excited by his opportunity at Souths – he is looking forward to a fresh start and the opportunity to revitalise his career. But he said from day one that staying with the Sea Eagles was his priority. His agent, Mike Newton, was never told by the NRL or the Sea Eagles this change was a chance of happening. Surely one of the many layers of management could have watched the news or read the papers and given a quiet tip to the club to perhaps hold fire for a moment as the change was coming. It might not have been enough to help – but it could have allowed Manly to make more than what was described to me as a Clayton’s offer to keep Stewart – one that relied on others having to move on.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/sonny-bill-williams-opens-up-on-sam-burgess-family-and-faith-20140510-382oy.html

If you believe all the media reports over the past few months the NRL kept saying they were still doing a cap review and changes wouldn't come before 2015. Gift signs with Souths and then suddenly this week the NRL announce the changes.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6