NRL: Bears accuse Manly of stealing juniors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Manly have always pinched talented players from norths, wests and souths and have ever put much effort into their own juniors. 

to be fair tookey, i have seen some harold matts with obvious locals (blond anglos and not that big) get caned by other clubs. I remember once thinking how glad I was that we can buy outside our district. Even Parra and Penrith bring in kids!!!! Parra is a big fan of doing this.

Rusty link said:
Any junior on the North Shore is looking to play Union. Honestly I work at Chatswood RSL, and in this industry there is lots of staff turnover. Having worked with tons of 18-20 guys over the last 5 years, I can tell you for a fact that the North Shore is firmly Union territory now. Not one of the guys who have come and gone have wanted to play League, but I would count 20 - 30 in the last couple of years alone who have played Union, some at levels up to playing for Gordon in the top grade.

Hey, I'm down there at least once a week....should say g'day...

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Rusty link=topic=185898.msg304924#msg304924 date=1288927792]
Any junior on the North Shore is looking to play Union. Honestly I work at Chatswood RSL, and in this industry there is lots of staff turnover. Having worked with tons of 18-20 guys over the last 5 years, I can tell you for a fact that the North Shore is firmly Union territory now. Not one of the guys who have come and gone have wanted to play League, but I would count 20 - 30 in the last couple of years alone who have played Union, some at levels up to playing for Gordon in the top grade.

Hey, I'm down there at least once a week....should say g'day...
[/quote]

Yeah you should :)

I am on holiday until the end of Nov, so after that.

Darren link said:
to be fair tookey, i have seen some harold matts with obvious locals (blond anglos and not that big) get caned by other clubs. I remember once thinking how glad I was that we can buy outside our district. Even Parra and Penrith bring in kids!!!! Parra is a big fan of doing this.

Penrith is like NZ in that there is a ton of untapped talent there that won't get a go with Penrith or the warriors and we would be crazy not to get juniors from there.

But is is good to see norths starting to stir up manly once again now that they are getting a sniff of getting back into the competition.  If this keeps up until they get back in a few years time the first game against them will bring back the old rivalry

When a Cromer boy plays a season for Norths, that's local recruitment, and when he returns next season to Manly that's stealing? Talk about hypocrites.

Last time I looked Norths don't have an NRL team so anyone in what they claim is their territory is a Manly local junior for mine.  Just as much as if they played for the Harbord Devils.

Right now a North Sydney junior is a manly junior in my view,the closest thing to us north is newcastle quiet frankly,they should concentrate on getting back in and shut the **** up

Don't know where to start with this. The article sums up Norths attitude perfectly, can't win anything themselves & blame everyone else out of spite.

It's professional sport, everyone is regulated by the same guidelines so there's no unfair advantage to any on team. If someone buys a couple of junior players then go out & get some other team's players.

If this is the attitude that the Bears are going go keep then they don't deserve to be back in the NRL.

The Bears will fail on the Coast only because the people dont want a team with baggage. If a new team started with a new identity it would work. Living on the Coast i dont think no one I know will support them and now Singo has said he will not back them says everything.
In saying that the Coast are screaming out for a team and a Central Coast Stringrays or Mariners would work on more than the losing Bears. 

This talk has been going on since 1940. Good luck to Norths and if you are a junior, have a brain and want to play NRL, go play for Manly!!!

Bears MAY get back in the NRL. Manly ARE in the comp. If you are a young bloke wanting to play NRL football the choice is obvious.

Rambo1987 link said:
The Bears will fail on the Coast only because the people dont want a team with baggage. If a new team started with a new identity it would work. Living on the Coast i dont think no one I know will support them and now Singo has said he will not back them says everything.
In saying that the Coast are screaming out for a team and a Central Coast Stringrays or Mariners would work on more than the losing Bears. 

I couldn't agree more! That's exactly what I've been saying.

Copa Eagle link said:
so many coasties on here !

Does ex Coastie count as well?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289001980[/time]

Rambo1987 link said:

Can't be the Mariners, the A-league own the right's to that moniker.
Wasn't the Central Coast Rugby Union team the one that played in the ARU Cup or what ever it was (only lasted one season) called the Stingray's or Rays? They won it as well, we poached Jared Weara Hargreaves from that team.

Could always go with Centurions, which is the name that the NSW cup team (Knight's feeder?) is using I think.

Anything but the bloody Bears.

i was just reading russell crowe  wants inglis now..  he is having talks with him...  i just dont get how they can even afford him..

jjai link said:
i was just reading russell crowe  wants inglis now..  he is having talks with him...  i just dont get how they can even afford him..

Apparently they'll drop Asotasi to get him. Don't think it'd be worth it IMO.

Crowe seems to have some kind of odd fascination with Inglis. He's quickly becoming the Al Davis of the NRL.

we will have asotasi  gaurantee  after 10 rounds with us he will be back in contention for  the kiwis  front row,, just like perry was when he came..  I WANT ASOTASI.... an agile prop im hoping he goes through with it  awww jus remembered no money ???????????????

So Norths' preferred option is that Manly don't take these talented RL kids on? And just where do they go then?

Norths are not in the NRL.

Manly's "NRL catchment area" is all of the north side of Sydney. From the Harbour Bridge to Palm Beach, over to Hornsby, and across to Cherrybrook and back to the Harbour.

The sooner Manly admin wake up to the fact that this massive region's juniors, RL fans and sponsors are all Manly's the better. It is bigger population and business wise than every other NRL club except Dragons, Brisbane, Melbourne & Warriors.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6