NRL Classic Commentary 2008

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Hmmm...since when did the truth ever get in the way of a good story?
Billy boy may have adapted it (or the footy show) but the way he told it it was Tallis - never mind still made me laugh.

He did plagiarize the one about the front rower who queried one of his decisions and then said "Sir, If I called you a miserable bastard what would you do?"
"Send you off" says Bill
Player - "Sir, what about if I just thought that?" 
Ref - "Well I can't read your mind so not a lot I can do about that"
Player - "Sir, I think you're a miserable bastard!”

Sterlo's one seemed to have some credence to it, coz it happened in his final ever game, and it was one of his opponents that got injured that was telling the story.

However i have also heard the same story about an old Wests player too LOL

That 2nd story i have heard told with Gould being the guy saying that to Bill

Saturday night, Manly are up 32-6.

The fox guy is saying how the scoreline probably doesn't reflect the game blah blah blah.

Wayne Pearce comes out with
"this scoreline particularly flatters Manly"

Not football but too good not to mention on this thread.

Tony 'people skills' Abbott being interviewed on ABC radio tonight was asked if Malcolm Turnbull would have been better off keeping his comments on Petrol excise on the budget as verbal ones rather than emailing them.

Abbott's reply: He did make them verbally. He just wrote them down instead!!!!

Listening to Hadley yesterday, there must had been a high tackle or something, Hadley comes up with "I think he has hit him with a stiffy there".

I had a chuckle.

Scott Prince was gold yesterday

Ref bins Friend and Gibbs, Prince says to ref

"That's unfair. You have sent off their dumb forward and our smart hooker"

Kiwi Eagle link said:

\"That's unfair. You have sent off their dumb forward and our smart hooker\"
Yep i heard that one too kiwi that definately was gold the whole channel 9 team cracked up.

Kiwi Eagle link said:

He had a point as well! Or at least he would have if Gibbs had done anything wrong in the first place - poor fella was just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and got put in the bin.

willstyles link said:
[quote author=Kiwi Eagle link=topic=177376.msg185395#msg185395 date=1211779276]

He had a point as well! Or at least he would have if Gibbs had done anything wrong in the first place - poor fella was just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and got put in the bin.
[/quote]

A bit like poor old Bratih in Auckland. Tate elbow's him in the chin, gets up, grabs him by the jersey and gets in his face, and Braith gets penalised . The 3 plays later they call tate out and put him on report

Junior Pearce was at it again last night mixing his metaphors as well as Backdoor Benny in his prime.

Pearce: "He needs to show that he's got other tricks to his bow!"

I guess he'd better go and reach into his bag of strings to see what's there........

Forgot to post this one a couple of weeks ago when Penrith drew 12 all with the Broncs after extra time.

After 80 mins they went down to Ben Ikin on the field and during his jibbering he say....
"12 all, it doesn't get much closer than that!"

Thanks Einstein.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8