NRL fails standard integrity test.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Kent seems the most outspoken media out there today which stuns me....maybe he will stand up and make a statement, all the evidence seems pretty clear cut in Manly's defence and its funny how 1 voice can create a huge domino effect - Cmon Kent, I stopped hating you recently so back it up with this story that go's against the majority and hangs some of these Untouchable NRL heirarchy who need to be shown up as frauds with an agenda - who is brave enough to go against these Lemmings slinging crap at Manly....
Never ever stop hating a News Ltd journo - they are sh1theads

No, if the media start attacking the NRL something big will happen and the government will get involved
It's happened before.

In 1983, and all it took was a fearless investigative journalist, editorial support, and (nek minit) the boss of Australian rugby league is convicted, the Chief Magistrate is jailed and the premier of NSW has to step down pending investigation by a Royal Commission.

Things can unravel very quickly. The corruption and favouritism in the NRL is an open secret just waiting to be blown wide open.

Kent on 360 the other night said something along the lines of he's never seen a more deliberate form of cheating the TPA system. Referencing how manly had allegedly been signing players for $150k and then registering then for $100k with the NRL.

Think he's batting on Greensprog team.

Beacuse Manly was falsifying invoices etc... oh wait that was Parra so if that’s what he said then that’s pretty stupid.

Problem is anyone that speaks out gets alienated from the game and Kent or any other Journalist wouldn’t take the risk of this without irrefutable proof that they could run with it.

Yeah don't quote me but he was making the point that it was very deliberate.

Now with more details and joining some dots... perhaps they have evidence that Manly had guaranteed the $50k cars to a number of players and then registered the contracts with the NRL less the cars or something. This must be the $50k payments Kenty was talking about???

The Mazda deals, from what was in the article last night/this morning, seems like what a TPA is supposed to be.... but like with anything there are more than one version of the same story. Just feel sorry for the players and staff for another off season drama that could impact on the preparation for the upcoming season

Look never want to say this but imo another superleague on the horizon.
Nrl has blocked the nz v england test in usa massive opp for sport. Tonga call for extra tests fallen on deaf ears.
The north america expansion the uk seem open too.
The qatar billionaire wants to hold pacific event in april.
The nrl holding back code imo, the favouritism with third parties. People have had enough i believe there losing control.

It's happened before.

In 1983, and all it took was a fearless investigative journalist, editorial support, and (nek minit) the boss of Australian rugby league is convicted, the Chief Magistrate is jailed and the premier of NSW has to step down pending investigation by a Royal Commission.

Things can unravel very quickly. The corruption and favouritism in the NRL is an open secret just waiting to be blown wide open.

Very true.

Just ask Bazza what he thinks about a free bottle of red.

Didn't end up being too "free" in the end.

In a lot of ways it would have actually been better for the club had we joined SL back in the 90s. SL's ultimate aim for Sydney was for 4 teams representing the 4 points of the compass and we were really in the box seat for the north position. More so than North Sydney because we were the successful ones. In fact, SL did want us but for obvious reasons it never happened.

John Ribot knew full well that with Arko as ARL boss and the then Kangaroos coach also our head coach, we were always going to be on the ARL side of the ledger.

In a lot of ways it would have actually been better for the club had we joined SL back in the 90s. SL's ultimate aim for Sydney was for 4 teams representing the 4 points of the compass and we were really in the box seat for the north position. More so than North Sydney because we were the successful ones. In fact, SL did want us but for obvious reasons it never happened.

John Ribot knew full well that with Arko as ARL boss and the then Kangaroos coach also our head coach, we were always going to be on the ARL side of the ledger.

I absolutely hate to say this but in hindsight we might actually have been far better off today had we gone down the SL path.

Not that I’d personally change the position BUT most of the SL clubs are in stronger positions and most of the ARL aligned clubs aren’t , Rorters aside!

One thing that is undisputed is that with out Manly and to a lesser extent the Roosters taking a stand from the beginning against the Murdoch takeover , he would have gained full control of the code in Australia , and that would have been hardly ideal . The one matter that did adversely affect Manly is that they were the ONLY A R L club that quite willingly did not receive any financial assistance from Packer or the A R L at the time . Without a doubt , this then did cripple their financial position when the war ended and then resulting in the ill fated and diabolical Bears Merger . A R L aligned clubs like the Eels , Roosters in what ever ways always had natural advantages to continue to be quite viable , as did the Dogs , Panthers and the Raiders after S L . S L aligned clubs like the Cowboys and Sharks had some basket case times post S L . Mixed bag really , disappointed that a second Brisbane team , the Adelaide and Perth teams dropped out , but just so , so grateful that the Sea Eagles were still able to eventually resume and survive as an independent entity .

I do hate to say this as well but it was probably the only time that Manly's association with Arko and Bozo might have actually worked against us in the long run more than it helped. In pretty much every way our hands were tied to supporting the ARL during that time.

Manly joining the SL while Arko was the boss of the league and Bozo was the national team coach would have been almost a mortal blow to the ARL's fight. Don't get me wrong, I am glad in a way that we didn't join the rebels because it would have been a huge kick in the guts to Arko that he did not deserve. But in hindsight 20 years later it does make me wonder what might have happened otherwise......o_O

I do hate to say this as well but it was probably the only time that Manly's association with Arko and Bozo might have actually worked against us in the long run more than it helped. In pretty much every way our hands were tied to supporting the ARL during that time.

Manly joining the SL while Arko was the boss of the league and Bozo was the national team coach would have been almost a mortal blow to the ARL's fight. Don't get me wrong, I am glad in a way that we didn't join the rebels because it would have been a huge kick in the guts to Arko that he did not deserve. But in hindsight 20 years later it does make me wonder what might have happened otherwise......o_O

I hated SL at the time , and still do, I proud we stood up BUT I do wonder had we jumped the other way how might we have dated since?

I absolutely hate to say this but in hindsight we might actually have been far better off today had we gone down the SL path.

Not that I’d personally change the position BUT most of the SL clubs are in stronger positions and most of the ARL aligned clubs aren’t , Rorters aside!

Thats exactly what my mate and me were saying yesterday Mark. Super league wanted Manly real bad, and when Arko said nah,they werent impressed. How do I know this, my mate was involved with Penrith when this was all going on and he said that Manly was one of the first teams approached and when they refused,then they were not very happy and then we go and flog there flagship in 08, which only made things even worse,like rubbing salt into the wound

Back to the present. So Manly had to count the injured/retired legends of the game Snake & Matai in the 2017 cap, but the Roosters get $400K free spending for 2018 because the opted to sack a 21 rookie player who got a 12-week NRL suspension for drugs? On top of the Hayne/Eels deal , pretend testimonial games and on and on.

Just so long as we are all clear that Manly are the NRL's cheats as they allegedly failed to work to now retrospective and uninteligble TPA & cap rules?

And by the way you can't have any of the government money to fix your footy ground that every other club and its fans are enjoying thanks to NRL lobbying.

Last edited:
Back to the present. So Manly had to count the injured/retired legends of the game Snake & Matai in the 2017 cap, but the Roosters get $400K free spending for 2018 because the opted to sack a 21 rookie player who got a 12-week NRL suspension for drugs? On top of the Hayne/Eels deal , pretend testimonial games and on and on.

Just so long as we are all clear that Manly are the NRL's cheats as they allegedly failed to work to now retrospective and uninteligble TPA & cap rules?

And by the way you can't have any of the government money to fix your footy ground that every other club and its fans are enjoying thanks to NRL lobbying.
Everyone of your points are totally valid and creditable but especially the attempted and really non legit retrospective measure or some might say total con measure . Also the N R L contention that some of Manly's moderate and seemingly permitted at the time T P A 's may have supposedly induced some Manly players to remove or not make themselves available to the open market . Just absurd and unrealistic logic and rationale as nothing would have prevented or inhibited any Manly player at the time or his manager seeking out or receiving counter T P A offers or approaches . Maybe a time for some reckoning and being subject to some proper accountability for the N R L , where are the so called hard hitting and investigative media reporters to show a bit of balance and perspective to make an issue of these N R L discrepancies right now ? Knowing the N R L's form , if Manly are cleared or the breach notice very significantly downgraded , they will no doubt release the news at 8 p m on Christmas eve for minimum attention

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8