NRL Fox Round 1 team predicton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
On what grounds can you see Brown in the 17 ?

The same grounds as the NZ selection panel, hard to drop an international but hopefully trial form and pre-season allow a good read on his form for this year.

Personally I think we can only carry 1 utility and Hastings/Api may wrap that up as a combo (whomever starts) but Brown does offer a forward option utility whop can just play as a forward, so depends which way Barret wants to go

SEA EAGLES V EELS

Sun 05 Mar 2017, 4:00pm, Brookvale Oval

Sea Eagles: 1. Tom Trbojevic 2. Jorge Taufua 3. Matthew Wright 4. Dylan Walker 5. Akuila Uate 6. Blake Green 7. Daly Cherry-Evans 8. Brenton Lawrence 9. Apisai Koroisau 10. Nate Myles 11. Curtis Sironen 12. Martin Taupau 13. Jake Trbojevic. Interchange: 14. Jackson Hastings 15. Addin Fonua-Blake 16. Shaun Lane 17. Lloyd Perrett

Notes:

* Star recruit Blake Green slots in at five-eighth, with Apisai Koroisau to play hooker and Matt Parcell (Leeds) released.

* Dylan Walker replaces Jamie Lyon (retired) at right centre.

* Matthew Wright is favoured to win the centre spot of Steve Matai (expected to retire), but he faces competition from Jono Wright and Brian Kelly.

* How Manly’s forward pack will look for round one is anyone’s guess given high player turnover, but we have recruits Curtis Sironen, Shaun Lane and Lloyd Perrett earning spots following the exits of Jamie Buhrer, Siosaia Vave, Josh Starling, Feleti Mateo, Blake Leary, Luke Burgess, Nathan Green and Tom Symonds.

Injuries/suspensions:

* Jake Trbojevic and Nate Myles miss the All Stars through injury.

* Jackson Hastings (ankle) missed the Auckland Nines but is expected to be fit for round one.

* Darcy Lussick (wrist) will miss at least the first five games.

* Brett Stewart (knee) and Steve Matai (neck) are expected to retire.

* Matthew Wright (fractured hand) should be right for the start of the season.

* Pita Godinet (concussion, final trial) went down at the Nines.

* Dylan Walker (calf) picked up a minor injury at the Nines.

Eels: 1. Bevan French 2. Semi Radradra 3. Michael Jennings 4. Brad Takairangi 5. Josh Hoffman 6. Clinton Gutherson 7. Corey Norman 8. Tim Mannah 9. Cameron King 10. Nathan Brown 11. Manu Ma’u 12. Beau Scott 13. Tepai Moeroa. Interchange: 14. Kenny Edwards 15. Suaia Matagi 16. Sosaia Vave 17. Frank Pritchard

Notes:

* Clinton Gutherson is being groomed to play five-eighth following the exit of Kieran Foran (Warriors).

* Bevan French takes the fullback spot of Michael Gordon (Roosters), with recruit Josh Hoffman (Titans) slotting in on the wing.

* Cameron King has been heavily-backed to score the starting hooker spot, with coach Brad Arthur claiming he would prefer an 80 minute hooker to rotate four big-men on the bench.

* Recruits Nathan Brown (Rabbitohs), Suaia Matagi (Panthers), Sosaia Vave (Sea Eagles) and Frank Pritchard (Hull FC) add serious size and aggression to the pack.

Injuries/suspensions:

* Corey Norman (hamstring) missed the latter part of the Nines with a minor injury.

* Kenny Edwards (calf) couldn’t finish the Nines.

* Semi Radradra and Kenny Edwards both have impending court dates on domestic violence charges.
If Wright, Lawrence, Api and Myles are in our starting side, I can't see us doing well. Kelly should be there for sure and I can't see why they'd go for Wright over him. Seeing Lussick is out, Marty Kapow hopefully will start in the middle. We need at least one impact prop starting and Myles/BJ are not it!! I'd start with Kapow and AFB. Then bring in BJ/Myles if you have to.. not at the same time though. We need a second rower who will just put the head down, run and tackle.. J Kennedy may be the man for that?

The same grounds as the NZ selection panel, hard to drop an international but hopefully trial form and pre-season allow a good read on his form for this year.

Personally I think we can only carry 1 utility and Hastings/Api may wrap that up as a combo (whomever starts) but Brown does offer a forward option utility whop can just play as a forward, so depends which way Barret wants to go
Hard to drop an international ? WTF ???
Mate , did you see the impact Brown had when he came off the bench in his last international match ? I did . He let a try in as soon as he came on with his inept arm grabbing defensive trademark .
This is a quote from the players ratings
14. Lewis Brown. Tried his best to start something but just isn’t in Luke’s class 5

If Wright, Lawrence, Api and Myles are in our starting side, I can't see us doing well. Kelly should be there for sure and I can't see why they'd go for Wright over him. Seeing Lussick is out, Marty Kapow hopefully will start in the middle. We need at least one impact prop starting and Myles/BJ are not it!! I'd start with Kapow and AFB. Then bring in BJ/Myles if you have to.. not at the same time though. We need a second rower who will just put the head down, run and tackle.. J Kennedy may be the man for that?
I though Lawrence showed in the 9s that he is injury free and ready to go this year .

I'm expecting Hastings to start at 9. Whether that's a good thing, I've no idea, but I have a feeling he'll be there.
I'm expecting Barrett will pick players on form and not just on reputation as his own reputation is at stake

Fair call but just think he struggles to 'bend the line' as they say. Would be interested to know his stats actually.
When Lawrence plays with injury he does struggle like most players do.
When fit Lawrence has proven that he can fire

I remember Lawrence's first game back last year against the Tigers, he was an utter animal carrying 2-3 defenders every hit up. I feel he will unleash this year to prove a point he shouldn't of been "apparently" shopped around.

I'm expecting both Lyon and Lyons to make surprise comebacks
How many Lyons have you been snorting feathered friend ???
images2ZCIKZOH.jpg

What were they thinking signing 3 x Wright's that all play in the backs.
I'm still deadset struggling getting my head around them all!

I'm expecting Hastings to start at 9. Whether that's a good thing, I've no idea, but I have a feeling he'll be there.
He will start i think . He is a bloody fair player and can kick well in general play , which will take pressure off our halves and can kick goals . Api will be more then useful supersub ( heath l'estenge ) mould . Hastings has alot to prove and will step up .

Isn't Hastings having an op? Wonder if he will be available for round 1.

I can only think M Wright may get the nod at centre based on his relatively solid defence, and level of experience in 1st grade. Agree that his lack of spark off the mark puts him behind the others in attack.

I think you guys are underselling Matthew Wright. He was good at the Sharks and very good at the Cows until he lost his place by accepting a reduced ASADA ban (offered to former Sharks players at the time). He's a good finisher, a good kicker and a good defender. With Matai and Lyon gone, we'll need some experience out there. I'd be very surprised if he's not picked.

IMO
Frankenstein in for Perrett
Kelly in for Wright
Isn't there someone else for either Taufua or Uate
Nate Myles OMFG if we need to start with him we are in sh.t

B Parker, Tom Wright, Peter Schuester, Omar Slaimankhel

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jorge Taufua
03. Brian Kelly OR Matthew Wright
04. Dylan Walker
05. Akuila Uate
06. Blake Green
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Addin Fanua-Blake
09. Jackson Hastings
10. Brenton Lawrence
11. Marty Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Lewis Brown OR Apisai Koroisou
15. Nate Myles
16. Lloyd Perrett
17. Shaun Lane OR Frank Winterstein

X Darcy Lussick to return to team. If Barrett can succeed in getting these guys all pulling in the same direction, and being amazing buddies (and the nines pictures and team pictures seem to be trending that way), that group could achieve anything imo.

Last edited:
which Wright? the right Wright? or the wrong Wright? or the other Wright?

Last edited:
Hard to drop an international ? WTF ???
Mate , did you see the impact Brown had when he came off the bench in his last international match ? I did . He let a try in as soon as he came on with his inept arm grabbing defensive trademark .
This is a quote from the players ratings
14. Lewis Brown. Tried his best to start something but just isn’t in Luke’s class 5

So what you are saying is that we play no reserves and just our top 13 as the rest of them are not in the top 13's class (or they would be starting)?

Can you post the other players with a 5 or less rating or at least a reference to the persons opinion you are taking as gospel.

At the end of the day Bozo picked him all last year even when his head space was poor, he should be in a much better space this year by the sound of things now that he has come to terms with his dads suicide I think it was.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8