NRLW Manly side

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Is there a reason we don't have a NRLW side ?

The new COE grandstand at Brookvale certianly has both male and female facilities.

Presumably the lack of a side is a $$ decision?

Does anyone have any info on if we may be graced with an NRLW side in the future ?

I think the nrl has a limit on the number of teams .. just been increased by a couple this year .. and clubs were better organized..

I also don't think they are fully funded so would require Penn/Manly to kick in a far amount.

In future years the comp will continue to grow if successful .. as it appears it will be... and hopefully Manly will have a team

Money would be the issue I would say and at this stage the Penn's should throw all resources at the current Manly men's team. 👍

Money would be the issue I would say and at this stage the Penn's should throw all resources at the current Manly men's team. 👍

Now, I don't fully get this line of thought....and I'm sure some much smarter posters than me can get into the nitty gritty breakdowns, if they choose to.

As I understand it, the grant fully funds the salary cap.
Membership, sponsors, game day takings, home games at Suncorp/Mudgee, merchandise, etc would go close to pretty much cover coaching staff, travelling expenses, calves blood, etc, etc.

How much can you spend really?

Unlimited funding sure as **** isn't helping the Broncos

Therefore.....chip in some of the gazillions, and get a women's side going.

Would you put your money into a NRLW team. Maybe when they pay their own way and get bums on seats and TV revenue. Not against it and not sexist but let it evolve without sucking money out of Manly.

If no-one ever invests, it won't ever evolve...so yes, I would......especially if I had also happened to generate a great financial windfall from the club over the years.

Women's sports is in a massive growth phase, has been for years.

International Cricket and soccer are the obvious examples.

Women's cricket on the Central Coast is a more micro, and less financially beneficial, example.

It's almost as if an investment in women's sport actually has a positive ROI on said investment.

Penn, being the supreme businessman he is purported to be, surely he can see this?

If no-one ever invests, it won't ever evolve...so yes, I would......especially if I had also happened to generate a great financial windfall from the club over the years.

Women's sports is in a massive growth phase, has been for years.

International Cricket and soccer are the obvious examples.

Women's cricket on the Central Coast is a more micro, and less financially beneficial, example.
Wish you well with your investment

I would also think that the slow build up of teams would have something to do with the availability of enough experienced quality players.
They could round up a bunch of iron women from surf clubs, water polo players, rep netballers, touch footy players etc and assemble a competitive team. A bit like the 1940s sea eagles.

There are quite a few hoppa daughters too.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8