Nsw cup

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If a player shows form in reserve grade (consistently), even if they are green, then I would hope the club is not as narrow minded

As I said, good on him for playing well and I hope it continues for him, and us. But he has already proven for both St Merge and for Manly that he's not a first grade player.

Unfortunately its a fact that some players prove to be good in what is reserve grade but just can't make the step up to first grade. Green has never really shown that he can play first grade on a regular basis. I Hope one day that he does show he can do that and when/if he does I hope he's still at Manly. But I can't see it happening.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/0...s.af_intrust-super-premiership-nsw_news1.html

Sea Eagles Outclass Mounties
Jesse Mullens

Sat 18th June, 05:40PM
FLYING HIGH: In a major upset, the Sea Eagles have handed Mounties their second consecutive defeat this afternoon.

A double from Dylan Kelly has helped Manly upset the Mounties 22-10 at Brookvale Oval.

Manly forward Nathan Green was impressive all match with his running and some skillful passing.

Green opened the scoring in the third minute after busted through the flimsy Mounties defence.

In the first half, Mounties were ill-disciplined and gave away a penalties which gave Manly the easy metres and go-forward.

In the 16th minute, Manly kept pressing on and Green shaped a lovely pass for Kelly to score his first try.

For the next period of the match, Mounties were either dropping the ball or giving away penalties, handing golden opportunities for Manly.

Mounties looked they were in to score in the 22nd minute but the pass given to Alofi Mataele was called forward.

Manly's scramble and goal-line defence was impressive and kept the Mounties side from scoring for 30 minutes.

Mounties fullback Zac Santo was at his elusive best. In the set up to their first try, he saved a certain 40/20 kick.

Following the next phase Mounties steamrolled downfield but dropped the ball close to the line. Manly dropped it so it gave Mounties a chance.

A cut-out ball provided by Sam Williams gave winger Eddie Aiono the try the Mounties needed.

On the stroke of half-time, debutant Darcy Cox went over for Manly after Green only had to simply draw and pass.

At half-time it was 18-4 and Manly wanted to pick up where they left off. Their scrambling defence and the efforts from their forward pack proved to be the defence between the two teams.

Fatigue started to set in as the score did not change until the 62nd minute. Kelly crossed for his second, but Hugh Pratt failed to take the lead out to 20 points missing his attempt at conversion.

This gave the Mounties an opening and the Mounties produced their best football in the last 15 minutes.

Santo set it up after he scooted short side from dummy-half, handed it to the five-eighth and then finished it off for Lachlan Croker to score in the 70th minute.

Manly's defence held strong and prevented any sort of comeback by Mounties.

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles v Mounties
Brookvale Oval, Saturday 18 June
3pm
Referee:
Adam Devcich
Touch judges:
Mark Bohan, Brenden Woods

Manly Warringah:
1 PETER SCHUSTER
2 CAMERON DAVIS
3 JAMES TUITAHI
4 TONY SATINI
5 BEN FRITZ
6 DYLAN KELLY
7 PITA GODINET (C)
8 LUKE BURGESS
9 HUGH PRATT
10 FABIAN GOODALL
11 FELETI MATEO
12 NATHAN GREEN
13 HALAUAFU LAVAKA

INTERCHANGE
14 DANIEL VASEK
15 MOSES NOOVAO-MCGREAL
16 RHYS ARMSTRONG
17 DARCY COX
COACH LUKE WILLIAMSON/CHAD RANDALL

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2016/06/14/teams_intrust_super_.html

As I said, good on him for playing well and I hope it continues for him, and us. But he has already proven for both St Merge and for Manly that he's not a first grade player.

Unfortunately its a fact that some players prove to be good in what is reserve grade but just can't make the step up to first grade. Green has never really shown that he can play first grade on a regular basis. I Hope one day that he does show he can do that and when/if he does I hope he's still at Manly. But I can't see it happening.
I understand your point but there are plenty of players who take a while, even years, before they settle in first grade

I understand your point but there are plenty of players who take a while, even years, before they settle in first grade

There must be something about Green that makes the coach pick him early in the season.

He may not be just ready for 1st's yet.

Or our coach can't coach???

Glenn Stewart is the perfect example - looked good in reserve grade but his for 20 games in the NRL he looked like he was riding the coat tails of his brother

The hex looks good in NSW Cup!

How did Hugh Pratt go? He was impressive in the 20s last year and I hope he provides depth for 1st grade as well as keeping the 1st graders looking over their shoulder.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6