NSW & Holden Cups - 2015 Round 18 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Overall good effort not sure what final score was as I left with about 3 to go and went for a piss think Manly scored again under the posts.

Best were Aldridge, JSL, Santini but he has a dropped ball in the him, reardon, BJ was strong on return but needed the run,

Overall a pretty good effort and was a reasonable standard of a game.

Also free to get and a great arvo - hopefully more will turn up next time with a bit of promotion!

Ps maybe a coffee or ice cream truck would do a good trade as nothing was open in ground!

• 👍
Reactions: lsz
Thanks @The Wheel for your updates it was much appreciated.

Good to see horo , Leary and BJ playing today.

Strange thing for 2V's next week if we get through Monday night's game he will have some nice selection headaches come next weekend against the Cowboys.

NSW Cup: Try to Manly, 90 metre try to David Williams. Aldridge converted :clap:
90 meters of Wolfie brilliance - Aaaaoooh!

NSW Cup full-time: Manly 40 d Wests Tigers 18. Great win to Coach Luke Williamson, his players and staff. #StrongerTogether :)

I see Vave is Captain of the NSW CUP side. Why hasn't he been given a run in First Grade, rated the worst forward pack in the comp??

Generally, being made Captain of ressies is the kiss of death.
Means that you're not in the plans for First Grade, wasn't Wolfy captain early in the season?

Note Leary wasn't playing but was watching
With Horo playing,safe to assume Hodges gets another run.Hopefully that's right,deserves a few games and it was no coincidence that Ballin had his best game last week with Hodges giving him a rest

Generally, being made Captain of ressies is the kiss of death.
Means that you're not in the plans for First Grade, wasn't Wolfy captain early in the season?
Wolfy led the team out today so assume he might be captain

Yes thank you for the updates guys!! Was a great sunny arvo to watch some footy..... Even better when the boys put out a great team performance!

Their defense was great today and held them in good stead to make the most of attacking opportunities.
I agree with The Wheel that there were no real standouts which I think is a compliment to their quality team work in both defense and attack.
However, I do think JSL had a great game and looked hungry running the hit ups. I think Lawrence had a good first game back and his prevented, talk and influence steadied our pack in attack and defense. I also think Aldridge had a solid game and his combination with JLJ and Rudolph worked really well and looked nicely balanced.
Reardon had another quality game at fullback.

Even though it was 22-0 at half time, the game was very even thanks to both teams coughing up plenty of cheap penalties, but Manly capitalised on some of those penalties better by scoring try's and giving them a healthy lead going into half time.

Manly came out fired up in the 2nd half and scored a quick try.....
But then for the next 15-20mins they slightly took the foot of the throttle and allowed the Tigers to then capitalise on the back of a couple of cheap manly penalties, which gave the Tigers a sniff! Luckily for Manly theyve learnt how to properly close out a game and keep the pressure on the Tigers by constantly trying to attack the try line and score more points, rather than be the Manly of old who constantly gifts their opposition possession of the ball while they try to defend their lead.

But after Aldridge pinched a try from dummy half and directly under the posts, the boys seemed to get their mojo back and then really ran away with the game in the last 8-10mins with run away try's through Satini and Wolfman! :)

Great game of footy to watch, I just wish they could play a whole 80mins of it every week instead of inconsistent glimpses and flashes of pure team brilliance!

Looking forward to getting over to NZ and watching the boys take on the Warriors in Auckland Sat week after next weeks bye round. :)

VB NSW Cup Match Result & Summary from NSWRL Website:

Manly Sea Eagles 40 (D Reardon 2, T Satini 2, S Vave, K Aldridge, B Williams tries; Aldridge 6 goals) bt Wests Tigers 18 (D Hoeter, S Akauola, B Santi, T Moltzen tries; K Rowe goal)
SUMMARY:
In a game that was fiercely contested through the middle, it was the attacking supremacy of Manly's back line proved the difference, with multiple long-distance tries scored from breaks made through the Tiger's edges.

Also free to get and a great arvo - hopefully more will turn up next time with a bit of promotion!

Ps maybe a coffee or ice cream truck would do a good trade as nothing was open in ground!
Thank you Wheel for the updates

Pearsel scores after titans gave away some penalties on their line and #9 converts.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6