NSW & Holden Cups - 2015 Round 5 Team Lists, Info & Results etc.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
When this NSW Cup team decides to run the ball on attack and shift the ball around from edge to edge, they score plenty of points at ease! But as soon as they hit the front on the scoreboard, for some reason we switch to only sending our forwards for a single run hit-up after single hit up and only shifting the ball out to the right from dummy half play after play! It's like JLJ moves into a 'protect the lead' mentality, only to overplay his role and come up with poor decision making, poor kicking options and poor execution!
This team MUST run the ball, shifting it from edge to edge on attack and ensure their 5th tackle options are executed with thought and precision effort!
If they can play like this for 80mins, this team could be the comps finals darkhorse!
(I can only hope! :))

The knock on Tooveys coaching is his unwillingness to experiment.If Hodges doesn't get a run next week I will be astonished given out performances to date.Vave looked like he might be worth a shot as well.

RESULTS:

HOLDEN CUP:

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles 36 defeated .Canberra Raiders 22

SUMMARY:

Even without Tom Trbojevic, our Holden Cup team has managed to keep it's unbeaten run intact.

http://www.nrl.com/DrawResults/TelstraPremiership/Draw/tabid/11180/s/43/sc/cWINd3qQGaA10800/Default.aspx

NSW CUP:

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 24
(Ben Fritz, Dom Reardon, Tyson Andrews, Uiti Baker tries; Kurt Aldridge 4 goals) were defeated by .Mounties 26 (Gus Aiga 2, Mitchell Cronin, Mitch Cornish, Kurt Baptiste tries; Cornish 3 goals)

SUMMARY:

Mounties remain undefeated after overcoming a 14-point deficit to seize a 26-24 victory over the Manly Sea Eagles. The Sea Eagles were motivated to score the upset win after jumping out to an early 18-4 lead but forward prop Luke Page inspired Mounties to keep their perfect record intact after five rounds.

http://www.nswrl.com.au/news/2015/04/04/vb_nsw_cup_results_r.html and
https://twitter.com/nswrl

The knock on Tooveys coaching is his unwillingness to experiment.If Hodges doesn't get a run next week I will be astonished given out performances to date.Vave looked like he might be worth a shot as well.
Toovey Unwillingness to experiment ? LIGI SAO JAKE TRBOJEVIC TOM TRBOJEVIC CLINTON GUTHERSON BRAYDEN WILIAME . BLAKE LEARY .
We are looking at rebuilding with Souths promising young hooker Cameron McInnes for good reason

They have got a run because there is no Lawrence,Mateos,Starling,Hasson for 3 weeks,Lyon,Matai,Foran,Leary.....that is not experimenting,it is providing 17 players for an NRL game.Who else was he going to use.We have played for years with 16 players on the bench under Des and Tooves and that is not the definition of men prone to experimentation.In the past we have got away with it due to our core group of senior players being that good.Not any more.Tooves is showing signs he wants roll the dice a bit more and Hodges should be a certianty.We will see.

They have got a run because there is no Lawrence,Mateos,Starling,Hasson for 3 weeks,Lyon,Matai,Foran,Leary.....that is not experimenting,it is providing 17 players for an NRL game.Who else was he going to use.We have played for years with 16 players on the bench under Des and Tooves and that is not the definition of men prone to experimentation.In the past we have got away with it due to our core group of senior players being that good.Not any more.Tooves is showing signs he wants roll the dice a bit more and Hodges should be a certianty.We will see.
Hodges is not the answer when we are getting rolled by other packs as he is a turnstile and this is why we are seriously looking at the kid from Souths .

So we'll probably see more Horo...

Funny, Horo was one of the few who ran hard and run up in defence.

I'd be happy having him next week as he was one of the few to show urgency. It seems he's playing for his spot and it showed.

Some of the others should be too.

@Jethro can you link in the Manly's Future thread please.
Somehow the game day experience ended up in that thread.

The Manly NYC are the ONLY undefeated Team in both NYC and NRL :clap:

NSW Cup lead all the way but took the wrong penalty option and lost to the undefeated Mounties by only 2 points:clap:

@Jethro can you link in the Manly's Future thread please.
Somehow the game day experience ended up in that thread.

The Manly NYC are the ONLY undefeated Team in both NYC and NRL :clap:

NSW Cup lead all the way but took the wrong penalty option and lost to the undefeated Mounties by only 2 points:clap:
Done :)

Reserve graders weren't as good to watch but Hodges looked good[/QUOTE]
He was good until about the 60 min mark & then got a bit selfish & kept trying to show & go near the line too many times, once on the last tackle. He did make a number of important tackles........maybe give him a go.

That Luke Page for the Mounties looked good yesterday. To say he just ran hard and straight doesn't paint the full picture. He was smashing into the defence at full pace. It would be good to see some of our guys do that.

That Luke Page for the Mounties looked good yesterday. To say he just ran hard and straight doesn't paint the full picture. He was smashing into the defence at full pace. It would be good to see some of our guys do that.
David Klemmer is one of those guys in the NRL with line speed that runs hard bends the line and when he hits he drives them backwards .His stats against the Top Quality Souths pack 43 mins 19 h/ups 205m !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Our pack stats against the third rate Raiders pack
L Burgess 32 mins 4 h/ups 37 m ???
J S Lefao 36min 6 h/ups 57m ???
Ligi Sao 33min 8h/ups 76m ???
J Horo 48min 9/hups 81m ???
Symonds 80min 9 h/ips 84m ???
D Lui 50min 11/hups 86m ???
These guys could not even keep up with 35 year old Mason recovering from the flu all week 48min 10h/ups 103m .

Starling plodder and Lawrence lightweight and 31 years of age next season recovering from a back operation are not the answer to fix our ineffective impact up front .
We need to rebuild the engine room big time !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Men-of-League-5567852.jpg

Thanks - others have realized the power of NYC Demetriou today :inlove:

First time I've seen him. He's a goodun! I posted this in another thread, but..

The Holden cup boys are on fire! I don't get to see much of the Holden cup, but I was impressed with what I saw yesterday.

Hugh Pratt - What a talent this kid is. A goal kicking hooker with a high work rate. Not the biggest bloke in the world, but by the end of 2017, with a bit more size, he could very well walk into Ballin's spot. I was really impressed by him!!

Addison Demetriou - A pocket battleship! Only 175cm, but brute strength personified. He is a bull of a kid! Aggressive and has an offload. Tough as nails too!

Liam Knight - To my eyes, Liam could be anything in a couple of years. His hands let him down a little yesterday, but this kid has an x factor about him. A big powerful forward that definitely has an intimidating aura. On his day, I think he would be unstoppable!

Then I got to see some NSW Cup!! What a rare day of footy for me :) To come so close to beating the Mounties was no easy task..

Jayden Hodges - Had a blinder. Was in everything, all day. I think he must play in the NL side, as will give us that spark that DCE and Foran are struggling with ATM.

Siosaia Vave - Carrying a bit of pudding around the middle, but carrying it very well! Had some good aggressive runs and solid in defence. He too must be looking at a start in the NRL. Would be good off the bench.

Uiti Baker and Vinni Ngaro - Would loved to have seen more game time for them. Particularly Baker. Uiti has really improved his fitness and looks good both in attack and defence.

The big winner - The ground! What a beautiful looking field to play footy on. There needs to be way more footy played up there. Not necessarily by us, but it should be utilised more.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2