NSW Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
01. Anthony Minichello
02. Jarrod Hayne
03. Jamie Lyon
04. Matt Cooper
05. Brett Stewart
06. Braith Anasta
07. Matt orford
08. Brent Kite
09. Danny Buderus
10. Luke Bailey
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Willie Mason
13. Anthony Watmough

14. Robbie Farrah
15. Jason King
16. Mark O'Meley
17. Ryan Hoffman

would be my team.

What's the beef with Steve Simpson??

He's an aussie rep who can fill in at front row and second row.. he hits hard, makes good metre and has an offload or two in him.

You were all plugging for White before SOO1 - and he had his face "legally" rearranged. All the same it does bring into question his toughness. None of 'our' boys stood up for mine and Kite's metres must have been poor even with just 30 mins. Ryan did nothing. I've seen Noddy have some great games for Australia but that was back in '05. Matt King is on the wing so Qld can swing it wide and catch him out of position again and again :roll:

I don't know why I am so upset, certainly not surprised, but they were so easily outclassed. No excuses if we get done this game and only history is on our side.

i wasnt pluggin white and certainly would not have started with him but with injuries he was next inline.

no beef nutz but with 4 props and mason there is no need for him.

To be fair to Matt King, he did have an unhappy game but he doesn't have too many.

Instead of just knocking your teams i'll throw what I would go with out there.

Anthony Minichello
Matt King
Jamie Lyon
Matt Cooper
Jarryd Hayne
Braith Anasta
Brett Kimmorley
Brett White
Danny Buderus
Luke Bailey
Willie Mason
Nathan Hindmarsh
Paul Gallen

Greg Bird
Steve Simpson
Brent Kite
Ryan Hoffman

The only thing I would change is have Paul Gallen in for Andrew Ryan... He tackles as good as Ryan but adds more in attack.. Greg Bird would be my utility like he has been selected.

Basically, If NSW goes down in Origin 2 than I have egg on my face because the only think I would change is Gallen for Ryan and start with "Bull" Bailey and White with Kite back to the bench. I doubt these changes I have included would have a dramatic affect on the game so basically if NSW go down in game 2 then I was wrong.

What I meant to say is that with my only addition being Gallen to the team that has been selected, I doubt Gallens inclusion would swing the entire result so if NSW lose than I'm wrong.

Start with White and Bailey. Bailey is in excellent form and can handle the early stuff with ease. Brett White is young, raw and no fear... perfect for the first 15 minutes of an origin game.

Kite and Simpson to come on after 15 - 20mins and run hard with the ball.

I knew someone would prove me wrong. I thought he went up and down on the spot like a dry runner on a heavy track, or got forced backwards.

i would say about par

add half again to get 54 mintes - a normal game time for a starting prop
15 runs
119m
29 tackles

You were all plugging for White before SOO1 - and he had his face \"legally\" rearranged. All the same it does bring into question his toughness. None of 'our' boys stood up for mine and Kite's metres must have been poor even with just 30 mins. Ryan did nothing. I've seen Noddy have some great games for Australia but that was back in '05. Matt King is on the wing so Qld can swing it wide and catch him out of position again and again :roll:

I don't know why I am so upset, certainly not surprised, but they were so easily outclassed. No excuses if we get done this game and only history is on our side.

I wasn't keen on White in Origin 1. Especially less so when I saw he was starting. He had a good city/country game, but that wasn't enough in my books.

I thought all three of the Manly players had poor Origin one games, Kite arguably the best. He was the go-to forward at the start (White was nowhere, Mason's hits the flanks, Hindmarsh is a 5m man, Bobcat was strong), taking on the entire Queensland pack until Bull Bailey came on. But he did get picked up a few times and was dominated.

I thought Bobcat had a bloody good game in Origin one. Strong defence (and top tackler in the game, ahead of Hindmarsh ffs), decent metres (more than White, Hindmarsh, Tupou, Costigan, Lillyman, Kaufusi, Johnson, Myles and Carroll) and his touch in Cooper's try has clearly gone completely unnoticed - I know Mullen passed the ball, but Ryan's work in that try has been critically underrated IMO.

He's twice the player Gallen is. How many times could Gallen go for a blind-side dummy half run in Origin to get his metres up? Like, once? After that he'd be picked off every time by blokes like Costigan and Johnson who would be lurking there waiting to smash him into touch for taking the cat option.

Matt King was poor in defence on Origin 1, but he's had plenty of good games on the wing in Rep games. I'm happy to leave him there.

The biggest thing for NSW is the opening 15 minutes (as it always is in any Origin game). In the first 15 minutes of Origin 1 White got his nose smashed (ruled out any proper involvement for the rest of the game), Mason injured his hammy (same effect) and Kite copped some big hits and went missing. That's what it boiled down to.

Even when White was on the field he wasn't really there. He was in backplay every third tackle getting his nose patched up - which either left a hole in the defensive line, or meant that there was one less forward on the field to take a hitup. Mase played on with his hammy injury for a bit, much to the same effect. Then he went off and effectively NSW were 2 starting forwards down and one missing (Kite).

Unless this happens again, I'll back NSW to win the forwards battle in the opening exchanges for Origin 2 - which will lead them to winning the game.

What's your obsession with Matua, Ryan.. He is so far behind in the pecking order it's not funny!

Hindmarsh, Mason, Ryan, Watmough, Gallen, Bird, Laffranchi are all NSW backrowers that are streets ahead of him.

Matua would be dumped faster than Fluffy on his first date as soon as O'Donnell returns.

I would have loved to have Grothe in there somehow given last night but couldnt really accomodate him. I would have had him in game 1 instead of Hayne, but Hayne couldnt have been dropped after game 1

Also thought in game 1 the King in defence thing was very similar to Neumann, was left in an impossible situation at times. 1 try in particular Lyon rushed up to hammer the decoy man and left King helpless in a 2 on 1 situation

Bird's a complete idiot. He'll give away penalties with his crap play. Kimmorly's a dud. He losers more games than he wins. Braith Anasta is a waste of space. Put the cue back in the rack now fellas..

Listening to the news then the selectors didn't even rate Choc as unlucky to miss out the rattled off Jason Ryles Paul Gallen and one other that i cant remember as players who they thought were close to be selected.

That's dis-heartening for choc.. I hope he doesn't slacken off because of it.

Good post, Will.

You make alot of good points... if every bugger doesn't get smashed too much early we might be ok! In saying that though.. they copped a fair bit early and still went to the halftime break up by 12 points! They need to make sure they come out after halftime.... hopefully graham murray doesn't make a balls up with his interchanges again.

Buderus/Hindmarsh must play 80.
Interchange Bird with Anasta so Anasta can go into the backrow when Mason comes off.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6