NSW V QUEENSLAND ORIGIN 1 CHAT THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
It's a sad life I have, living in Queensland almost the lone NSW voice (that's a lie there's actually a heap of us up here) and you get people like Commander come on here wishing for a "spirited, well supported contest", when he knows it's another "stroll in the park" for this Queensland Juggernaut.

On paper we have a reasonable side, and I am sure they'll try their hardest and I for one will certainly be cheering for them BUT just look at that Queensland team will you, we have a team of stars theirs is full of superstars.

For me there's only the wings where they have any danger, how will Tate go (long time since he's played at this level) and also Boyd go (who is really a fullback)...other than that it looks to be a total mis-match.

And the bookies think the same, quoted up here this morning QLD $1.40 NSW $2.65

That gap may get closer by next Wednesday but don't we all yearn for the days when it would be $1.52 NSW / $1.53 QLD (or vice versa).

Very sadly I reckon this great QLD team has another 3-4 years at the top, so their "10 years in a row" is def possible.

It's just so hard to fathom after 30 years of the two sides not having a struck match between them that we are now in a posistion to not only be facing another series loss but potentially another 3 or 4!!

I hope I am wrong.

Being a Queenslander, I hope you're right Mark but remember that many of the series were decided in game three by only one late try. NSW have been competitive but unable to strike the knockout blow when required. The loss of Lockyer will be a big one for the Maroons, how many times was he responsible for the clutch play that won the game and the series.

Mark makes some very good points, we Blues are in for a lot more pain, for a lot more years. This Qld team is the best footy side I have seen in over 50 years...**** that is painfull to say but as they say "the truth hurts".

I dont see Lockyer's retirement effecting Qld, look who is replacing him!, and look at their fringe Origin players, they have to be doing something right north of the border to be breeding them so good.

Good luck to the Blues trying to stop another series loss, but I see their attempt to stop this Qld side is one of doomed culmination.

Come on Mark! Hasn't even started and you are conceding. Anything can happen in this series.

Put it this way, you are more chance this year than you have been in the preceding six.

It all comes down to the first game, if NSW don't win in Melbourne it will be all over.

Mark, I believe Robbie Farrar will do it for his mum, or so I read, and read, and read. Am I the only one who is heartily sick of reading about Robbie's sick mum.

Is it wrong to wish a Man U type event on just a few of the QLD players - I only want them maimed in the crash, it doesn't even have to be a plane, it can be a tragic go-karting bonding type accident, nothing serious......

Honestly I have a standing bet of $200 with my best mate who is a QLD'er (oxymoron) and each year the option of double or nothing has always been offered to the loser, it has been a while since I was on the right side of the ledger. I paid up after 2 years but then foolishly went double or nothing for 3 years, once you're in that deep well you just keep going, and then you have to agree to buy every beer until one of us dies.....

MadMarcus said:
Queensland are much better in the backs, the halves, the forwards, the bench, the coach, and they have a better home ground, more experience and much better team morale.

Aside from that, I think we have them covered.

Your point is taken MM but I went off Meninga after his "what has football done for me" comment during the super league era. Terrific player but as a coach.... lets be honest my dog could have been Queensland coach for the last 6 years and they still would have won with the cattle they have.
Again, I get your point, but I am so not a Meninga fan after he made that comment.

It'd be nice if just once someone in the NSW camp tells the players.....

guys, no matter what the score is, qld lift at the 60 min mark.

Born in Qld, blue till I die.

And therin lies the problem Global.

I was at game 1 last year and witnessed the Lockyer to Slater pass that won the game.

Those Maroons NEVER give up, if they are behind by 10 with 5 minutes on the clock you can almost back them in to win in the last 30 seconds.

Commander, I am NOT conceding before kick off but blind freddy can see the absolute difference in these two sides.

And add to that most of them have played as a unit for nigh on 4 or 5 years now (some as many as 6 or 7), that is a VERY big advantage.

I wasn't born in QLD, but will certainly be Blue to I die, I just hope to see NSW win a series again BEFORE I actually do that!!

CLIT COMMANDER said:
Come on Mark! Hasn't even started and you are conceding. Anything can happen in this series.

Put it this way, you are more chance this year than you have been in the preceding six.

It all comes down to the first game, if NSW don't win in Melbourne it will be all over.
4 very good reasons why anything can happen and we can win this series . 1. Snake. 2. Gift. 3. T rex . 4. Buhrer.

Normally can't see pass Maroon and White and end up supporting the Toads. This year with the Eagles well represented I'm right behind the blues.

Its ironic that before Lockyer swooped on that loose pass in 2006 for QLD to snatch the series it was being bandied around that SOO was dead because of a NSW dominance.
1 little error by Hodgson (???) and now look what's happened..

I lay blame of all this QLD dominance solely at Hodgsons feet.

NSW were 10 minutes away from sealing the series last year. NSW were ahead when Slater scored off that inside play in Game 1 they use time and time again. This will be extremely close again. I reckon the dynasty is over.

That it will Doug, one set of halves that are superstars...the other set of halves stars....and therin lies the difference.

I assume you'll be going???

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4