ODI Dream Team

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i had to pick some poms unfortunatly - they are all duds, he is the second highest scoring bowler so far for them, not like thats hard

what a great run chase last night.

Punta was superb as usual and Hodge finally clicked, a shame he couldnt find 1 more run as he really deserved a ton.

Possibly our quickest attacck ever with tait bowling 155, lee 150 and johnson 145 then clark at 135.

Tait sealed his world cup position one would think since it will be 6 quicks and 1 spinner.

oh, forgot my whinge - symonds out and he was captain.

hats off to vincent too for backing up his talk

Lee's last over (i think) was a ****ing disgrace. 4 wides and 3 Nb, he needs to go. The first line attack for the World Cup should be McGrath, Bracken, Tait with the final spot to be given to either Lee, Clark or Johnson or the spinner.

it was his second last - but he wasnt alone, clark went for heaps near the end as well. Johnson went for heaps early one before they were slogging.

Tait was the only one who bowled well out of the pacemen, but the pitch was a runway so its hard to blame them too much

Yeah but being hit legitimately and bowling wides and no balls are completely different. He either needs to sacrifice some pace and become more accurate or piss off.

he was hit legit off a no ball, there was one wide and one no ball actually bowled, they ran 1 and hit a 4 respectivly hence the high sundries.

Only person above him on sundays performance would be tait, but then he bolwed 8 overs, 2/8 in another game, something that you normally would only see from mcgrath and very rare from him.

doesnt make it different its the runs on the board and you are the fool since boundaries were not hit off both of them. but keep dribbling **** - you seem to enjoy it

A 4 and a single were hit off the extra balls. Throw in the 2 extra runs for wide and the no ball and thats 7 runs in total given away by **** bowling. Close enough to 2 boundaries.

So your point is he gave away runs through **** bowling.

all the others bar tait did the same, i dont see why Lee is different. Clark's last over went for 15, 3 coming off a noball, his last 2 going for 26, Lee's last 2 going for 24. Johnson didnt even have to bowl at the death and was going for almost 7 an over.

As i said those 3 were all the same and should all be treated accordingly.

Those 3 havent had an eternity in the national team to get it right. Thats was my original statement, Lee has had his chance and it is time for him to go.

Im not saying that the others were good.

So 1 bad game on a runway of a pitch and you boot him, **** even mcgrath would be out of your team if you apply that logic

He has been getting worse, do you not recall the calls for him to be dumped from the test team in the recent ashes series.

Its not 1 bad game, its a series of bad games.

yes i recall that, then he played 2 very good tests where he got 12 wickets at around 16 after changing something in his run up. Add to that the majority of his were batsman not tail enders.

As for the one dayers - he was our most economical bowler at 4.1 before that match - better than mcgrath who did not play on that pitch, now he is 2nd in economy and 8th in the series overall for those who have bowled 30 overs or more.

he is also the second wuickest to reach 250 wickets and will be the quickest to reach 300, probably in the world cup.

In that game he got oram out, probably saving the aussies 20 - 30 runs.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree.

IMO he either needs to sacrifice some pace and become more accurate or he will be dropped sooner rather than later.

have to agree with the first point

If you were talking tests there is more of an arguement.

mcgrath is gone after the world cup so there are 3 other positions to be filled before you drop lee as well, none of which will have that much experience (dizzy seems to be no chance)

I wouldnt be suprised to see hilfenhous come into the team soon, we havnt had someone who can swing like that since alderman

well he was easily our best last night, had it not been for him they would have won without punta ****ing up and bowling watson for the 3rd last then bringing up mid off when mcrgrath had bowled 4 half volleys in a row previously whilst trying to get the yorker

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4