Off season poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Choose the worst

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How long do you want the list of worse to be Cambo ?

Dallas Rennie
Kevin McGuinness
David Vaealiki
Esi Tonga

There are 4 for a start

Ashley alberts actually went alright at times, he should be removed from this thread considering the other names that are mentioned, my 2 bobs worth anyway..

Bailey was a solid player who was unfairly maligned and also unfairly said to be a marquee signing when he never was. He was a utility who wasn't a regular first grader at Newcastle and he was on (reported at the time) 165k, hardly big money at the time.
Pretty dumb poll in my view, why slag off players who came and tried for Manly just because they weren't top quality? Not everyone can be a star.

A poor signing would have to be a player signed on big dosh that failed to deliver - such as Sandow at Eels. Do we really have any of them?

I'll nominate Peter Sharp. Not a player but he represents a horrible time in my life as a manly fan.

Kevin McGuinness....unbelievably disappointing effort during his time with us. He genuinely looked like he just couldn't be bothered competing, what made it worse was the guy had talent.

Kiwi Eagle said:
ifernolan said:
Signing Hoppa Snr again would have to be up there.

He was making over 200m nearly every game after he came back

He was up there with beaver as one of our best in 2002 and was very solid before he was finally rubbed out of the game.

Felt for him that day it was a shooter tackle gone horribly wrong but sadly for hoppa he was a marked man.

There has been some Dud's over the years, all have their "merits'.

Mullane and Bailey are just the "whipping boys" on this forum!!

Kiwi Eagle said:
ifernolan said:
Signing Hoppa Snr again would have to be up there.

He was making over 200m nearly every game after he came back

True.

I vaguely remember someone who would crab across the field every single time he got the ball, thought it was Hopoate but it might have been someone else.

mozgrame said:
COMMANDER said:
Craig Field
Ben Walker

Ben Walker - 279 (18 tries, 103 goals, 1 field goal) in 2001. I liked Ben Walker.

Eparama Navale.

Yeah that was Northern Eagles

His only season at Manly in 2003 was terrible!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4