OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
To all those not renewing their membership/going to another club, don't slam the door on the way out. Things may be dire right now, but I bet you jump back on the bandwagon when we are 10 & 0 next year. True supporters stick with it through thick & thin!

Gotta agree with @mickqld who posted about some up and coming talent likes Weekes, Koula, Schuster, Tuipulotu and others.

Wouldn't it be great in 2-3 years time if these guys were being compared to Matai, Foran, Gift and Choc etc.

I won't be going anywhere, I might not like whats happening now but its a hell of ride when its good.

I reckoned ... and called it ... that the moment I knew there were moves afoot to hog-tie Dessie was weeks earlier than Rainbowgate ... it was when Penn came out and sided with V'Landy's and publicly chastised Des for having a go at the ref's ... there was no reason for it .. and it was a remarkable for an owner to go public with his criticism of a coach over an issue like that ..

Then (as I think @Budgie ) pointed out ... in the first dual press conference with Dessie and Mestrov ... Mestrov had just started to answer a question when Dessie stood up and started to walk ending the session mid comment ... I was amassed at the disrespect shown at the time .. but just put it down to Des being Des ... but now I think they both knew what was coming ..

PSS .. if somebody knows how to find that press conference I would like to see it again ...
All press conferences are still on NRL.Com , just find the game you are after and it will be there with the highlights.

hen (as I think @Budgie ) pointed out ... in the first dual press conference with Dessie and Mestrov ... Mestrov had just started to answer a question when Dessie stood up and started to walk ending the session mid comment ... I was amassed at the disrespect shown at the time .. but just put it down to Des being Des ... but now I think they both knew what was coming ..

PSS .. if somebody knows how to find that press conference I would like to see it again ...

I reckoned ... and called it ... that the moment I knew there were moves afoot to hog-tie Dessie was weeks earlier than Rainbowgate ... it was when Penn came out and sided with V'Landy's and publicly chastised Des for having a go at the ref's ... there was no reason for it .. and it was a remarkable for an owner to go public with his criticism of a coach over an issue like that ..

Then (as I think @Budgie ) pointed out ... in the first dual press conference with Dessie and Mestrov ... Mestrov had just started to answer a question when Dessie stood up and started to walk ending the session mid comment ... I was amassed at the disrespect shown at the time .. but just put it down to Des being Des ... but now I think they both knew what was coming ..

I also remember Des talking over the top of Mestrov or cutting him off but I should prob watch it again. But it certainly gave me the feeling there was no respect there from Des.

I also remember Des talking over the top of Mestrov or cutting him off but I should prob watch it again. But it certainly gave me the feeling there was no respect there from Des.
Having watched it again now, it wasn't that big of a deal. Des spoke over him at the start and then it pretty much became the Des show. But given the questions were to him , that's not surprising. But reliving that conversation after all that's just gone on - it's like an episode of The X Files. - Trust no one.

Nothing to see here ..........For better or for worse Des is no longer the Manly Head Coach. Mestrov has taken control of the internal narrative within the club. He seems now (some would say finally) to have a clear direction/directive of where things go from here. Des was unsupportive of that direction, and he has paid the price. How we move on from here will be seen in how effective Mestov is in taking control of the asylum and cutting off certain individuals from both access to internal information, and providing a conduit for inappropriate external influence on the club. We need to lose John Bonasera, at least one Fulton (preferably two), and any other employee of the club that is unable to live up to their contracts with MWSE, by constantly leaking confidential, internal discussions to their media stooge of choice. It's not as if we don't know exactly who they are.

That's it ... but either my memory is going (very possible) or the club has edited the last 5 seconds of the end ... my memory is of the camera going to a surprised Mestrov ..
Explains a lot, if its actually the case. Does anyone know where to access an unedited version of this?

There is an old saying

There is no point crying over spilt milk

It is an unproductive .

What is done is done

Time to move froward and focus on the prospective possibilities that are ahead of us

See the source image

Can't find it again to get the URL

Former Wallabies coach Eddie Jones has emerged as a potential target for Anthony Seibold as the incoming Manly coach pieces together a staff capable of returning the Sea Eagles to premiership glory. News Corp has learnt Jones’ name has been discussed for a raft of roles ahead of Seibold’s impending long-term appointment as Des Hasler’s replacement.

It is understood the roles range from advisor to a full-time head of football position at Manly as part of a revamped staff. Jones has long harboured an ambition to work in rugby league and has spoken glowingly about his affection for the game, in particular his love for South Sydney.

He recently said he would “jump at an opportunity” to coach in the NRL and spent time with the premiership winning Panthers in July.

His best option for a switch of codes could be Manly as Seibold looks to strengthen the Sea Eagles’ football department.

The major sticking point is Jones’s current commitments as head coach of England’s rugby union team. His deal expires at the end of the 2023 World Cup, meaning he would be unable to start in a role with Manly until the 2024 season.

The rugby World Cup ends in October and Jones has already said he would step down after eight years in charge of England once the tournament ends.

Former NSW coach Laurie Daley has also been approached about a similar role at Manly while Brad Fittler was also discussed but his commitments with the Blues would prevent him from taking on a formal position.

Another potential target is Melbourne’s head of football Frank Ponissi. Seibold has a close relationship with Ponissi, although he is under contract at the Storm. Ponissi is regarded as the best general manager of football in the game and has history at Manly – he previously worked at the club.

There is a recognition that Seibold needs to surround himself with experienced staff and Jones certainly fits the bill, having coached at the top level of rugby union for years.

Seibold and Jones are close with Seibold working as England’s defensive coach. He is expected to leave for England on Sunday to link back up with England ahead of internationals against Argentina, Japan, New Zealand and South Africa.

However, Seibold’s stint with England is expected to end prematurely with the Sea Eagles to return to pre-season training next month.

The Sea Eagles need to finalise Hasler’s formal exit before they appoint Seibold officially.

Seibold joined England in September last year after working with Adam O’Brien in Newcastle since leaving the Broncos.

Hasler’s long-term head of performance Don Singe and ex-skipper turned assistant coach Michael Monaghan also face uncertain futures. Hasler’s other assistant Chad Randall has joined Bulldogs to work on the attack under new coach Cameron Ciraldo.

Highly regarded Steve Hales is expected to remain at the club. Jones would be an ambitious target for Manly but his commitment would be a statement of intent from Seibold and the Sea Eagles.

Jones is arguably the highest profile rugby union coach and would command huge money around the world should he elect to remain in the 15 man code. However, joining Manly in a consultant capacity may give him the opportunity to juggle the two codes.

He could stay involved in rugby union in Japan and work with Seibold in the NRL given there is minimal overlap between the respective seasons.

Another former Wallaby coach Michael Cheika has dipped his toe in both codes. He is coach of the Argentinian rugby team and is in England leading Lebanon at the Rugby League World Cup.

He too has hinted at an ambition to work full-time in the NRL after being part of Trent Robinson’s coaching staff at the Roosters in 2020.

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

Seen a yarn by Rothtool today that Des had been out with The Shoe while he's been on the long runs loosing the weight in prep for next year.

Des chucked on the helmet and would ride with the shoe to keep him company. What a horrible guy that the players didn't like eah?

Sorry if posted elsewhere.

Seen a yarn by Rothtool today that Des had been out with The Shoe while he's been on the long runs loosing the weight in prep for next year.

Des chucked on the helmet and would ride with the shoe to keep him company. What a horrible guy that the players didn't like eah?
He got that from here. Weeks ago.

The mole story contradicts des’s biography, which says he was teaching Scott and Brett and he contacted bozo through them. Is the mole grandstanding again?

I guess there could be some truth to both versions.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10