OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IF we end up with some more structure, better defensive line and fitness - then the decision will be seen as positive. I could not go through with the same boring out the back plays over and over for another season.
Yeah, ANY structure will be an improvement on this season. We were an absolute rabble in both attack and defence, game after game after game. It's hard to imagine we could get any worse.

Myers? Is that Fletcher Myers?
Matterson would be a great pickup. He's a hard-nosed mercenary who'd probably play all games if we pay him money.
Mike Myers
1665714379112.png

wow, loving the passion on the forum!! i have been a manly supporter all my life and agree it is time for a change. Whilst i love and respect Des, i think the whole "1 man" band set up is no longer viable for such a demanding job. Look at the successful clubs and they have experienced assistant coaches, we don't with due respect

i also think the Penn's have done a great job supporting the club, but considering his life is now in NY, maybe it is time for him to sell up, make some money on the sale and give another devoted manly set of investors a chance to take us back to the glory days!!

i think our finish on the ladder this year is a good indication of where we sit as a club - we need improvement all over the organization and that needs to be from the top down

I'd be happy to get rid of Pointsbet and any other gambling organisation
Needs to be a whole of the NRL approach... our kids should not grow up thinking gambling and sport are inexorably intertwined...
Keep the gambling advertising to racetracks for mine...
And don't get me started on KFC... our kids are all gonna end up fatter than Schuster after an extended off-season...

J
wow, loving the passion on the forum!! i have been a manly supporter all my life and agree it is time for a change. Whilst i love and respect Des, i think the whole "1 man" band set up is no longer viable for such a demanding job. Look at the successful clubs and they have experienced assistant coaches, we don't with due respect

i also think the Penn's have done a great job supporting the club, but considering his life is now in NY, maybe it is time for him to sell up, make some money on the sale and give another devoted manly set of investors a chance to take us back to the glory days!!

i think our finish on the ladder this year is a good indication of where we sit as a club - we need improvement all over the organization and that needs to be from the top down
Jesus, slow ya roll youngster... don't think you can just pop onto ST and start offering rational and balanced opinions!
This place is restricted to passionate assumptions, hyperbole and good old-fashioned BS (with an occasional 'clash of the posters throw-down' - for entertainment purposes only)...

PARTICULARLY in the off-season (and when it is fuelled by a club crisis)...

Welcome to the zoo bud...

J

Jesus, slow ya roll youngster... don't think you can just pop onto ST and start offering rational and balanced opinions!
This place is restricted to passionate assumptions, hyperbole and good old-fashioned BS (with an occasional 'clash of the posters throw-down' - for entertainment purposes only)...

my sincere apologies and thanks for the warm welcome :) i will strive for more BS during the off season and hopefully return to logic when we have something to talk about...

J

At least we are offloading a few from the zoo to the Dolphins this off season by the looks of it!!

Des sacking is well deserved. This team had no: fight, spirit, resilience, lack of cohesion….and almost worst of all is that Des extended DCE - which a plan to make sure the club is never competitive when it counts.
Also, that Turbo is far more important to the clubs success than Des is as a coach is an indictment on Des “coaching” ability.

But there‘s a long way to go. Manly needs to sack the Penn’s and other clown board members, get a good coach which is unlikely due to the clowns running the club, and immediately/ASAP let go of DCE who is an rusty anchor weighing down the whole team.

Be very interested to see how the club's sponsorship in general goes over the next few months. Management would have their work cut out trying to attract new sponsors at present.
Management could have problems trying to retain and attract top players.

To all those not renewing their membership/going to another club, don't slam the door on the way out. Things may be dire right now, but I bet you jump back on the bandwagon when we are 10 & 0 next year. True supporters stick with it through thick & thin!
Fair weather friends old mate, I've been an Eagle through thick and thin for over 70 years and anyone classing this latest episode as a reason to walk away was never an Eagle at heart anyway au revoir to you all and take your fkn negativity with you

I think most support the club, but for most the only way to show disatisfaction with the owner is to try and hit his bottom line, hence the cancelled memberships and such.
It doesn't explain those who are looking for a new club, I wouldn't want them beside me in the trenches

Fair weather friends old mate, I've been an Eagle through thick and thin for over 70 years and anyone classing this latest episode as a reason to walk away was never an Eagle at heart anyway au revoir to you all and take your fkn negativity with you
OR maybe , you are the fairweathered friend if this hasn't hit you to the core......maybe it's your fkn negativity..js

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8