OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Seibold has got his work cut out for him. Team returns in a few weeks. He'll need to construct a full squad or infrastructure if you will behind and around him.

It'll be a challenge, but I reckon Mestrov, Seibold can do it. I mean, they are already overhauling pathways , women's footy and recruitment.

All small steps into becoming that well oiled machine we know we can be.
Squad is sorted.
Trbojevic/Weekes.
Saab/Tuipulotu.
Parker/Myers.
Koula/Harper.
Garrick/Vaega.
Schuster/Dargan
DCE/Humphreys.
Aloiai/Sipley.
Croker/Roache.
Keppie/Fifita.
Olakau'atu/Trbojevic.
Tuilagi/Matterson.
Trbojevic/Tuitavake.
Lawton.
GCKTong.
Bullemor.
Paseka.
31-34.
L.Fainu.
S.Fainu.
Z.Fulton.
J.Sykes.
J.Uesele.
PJPKopa.
S.Fotu.

Last edited:
It's hard to keep track.

During the season:

• Des won't blood youngsters unless he has to!
  • His post match conference mumbling is annoying!
  • Des uses the bench the worst out of all coaches!
  • Who would want to sign at this basket case of a club!
  • Finishing this low on the ladder is unacceptable. We don't accept injury excuses!
  • Only the tigers are a worse club!
  • We haven't beaten any good teams!
  • Manly are unfit!
  • Manly play stupid footy!
  • Manly are so far behind the top teams it's not funny!
  • Des the dinosaur!
  • Des is past it!
  • Des wont adapt!

Des gets fired:
  • I can't believe they fired Des! Boooo! I'm not giving Manly any money ever!!!! This is b/s!!!!!!!
So yes, kinda hard to keep up, lol.

Party on

Go Manly

Points are well taken Global and I agree though some were not altogether Des's fault. But I was unhappy with some of his actions, but then I'm not a coach. However bringing in Seibold, I'm not sure is the answer and I'm fearful its another Barrett. Certainly he had Souths to the G'F in '18 but with some damned good cattle. In '19 he managed to get the Bronks across the line at 8th spot but the following year they were wooden spooners. Hope I'm wrong but not sure if he is the answer.

Friday's episode of Haslergate .....

Many saw it as his finest hour, but it proved to be the beginning of the end.

With his side sitting on the cusp of the top eight, just a few rungs shy of the top-six finish required to trigger a contract extension, Desmond John Hasler fronted Sydney’s sporting and non-sporting media in July to discuss the debacle that was Manly’s rainbow jersey.

After deftly navigating a minefield of issues ranging from religion to discrimination, many felt that this was Hasler’s finest moment, some achievement given all of his accomplishments on the field and in the coach’s box.

“Des is slowly becoming what he has always been, a bit of a prophet,” oozed his biographer, Thomas Keneally.

Yet not even Hasler could have foreseen what would happen next.

The club’s powerbrokers were less enamoured with Hasler’s performance in front of the press, believing he had shifted blame from himself onto them. As the fallout continued and the losses mounted - the Sea Eagles didn’t win another game all year - so too did the tension between the parties.

Stories were leaked as each camp tried to take the moral high ground. Hasler was painted as a megalomaniac, unwilling to cede control as Brookvale burned. The opposing narrative was that Hasler was an army of one, holding together a rudderless club while the owner watched on from overseas. The truth, as ever, depends on who you speak to.

Of all the reams written on the topic in ensuing months, it’s a quote from US baseball icon Yogi Berra, that rings loudest: “It’s deja vu all over again.”

If it feels like we have been here before, it’s because we have. Rewind to the end of the 2011 season; Manly are the champions, Hasler is the hottest coaching commodity not on the market and war is declared after Canterbury attempts to poach him.

On that occasion, like now, the end date for Hasler’s Sea Eagles tenure was 12 months away and the parties were trying to convince themselves they could make it work. It could not.

On August 19, 2011, Hasler’s manager, George Mimis, sat in Penn’s boardroom to inform the chairman and co-owner of his client’s worth, as indicated by prospective clubs including Canterbury. It was said to be with a view to striking a new Manly deal.

It ended in tears. So acrimonious was Hasler’s exit, his cards were marked “Never to coach here again.” Until he did.

The divorced parents got back together, vowing to make a proper go of it for the sake of the Sea Eagles family. There was a honeymoon period - Manly went to within one game of the grand final in 2021 on the back of the wave that was Tom Trbojevic - before old wounds were reopened.

Save for Manly putting a cap on the amount they would pay Hasler should his contract be torn up again, it’s stunning how little anyone has learnt from previous experience.

They were all back in Penn’s North Sydney boardroom on September 8 of this year, yet another crisis meeting to discuss Hasler’s future. According to Team Hasler, it couldn’t have been more positive and the parties had all but agreed to a contract extension. However, new Manly chief executive Tony Mestrov - Hasler has worked under almost a dozen during his time - had to go on the record to deny any such agreement was in train. Even after emerging from the same meeting in the same room, they couldn’t agree as to what had just transpired.

Much of what has happened since has been about saving face and money. Manly imposed conditions on Hasler they expected him to reject; Hasler belatedly accepted them. No one truly felt it would work, nor did anyone want to be seen breaching the terms of their agreement.

Just before midday on Thursday, while on holiday interstate, Hasler checked his phone. He scrolled through the news section of a website to learn that his job was no more. It was an ignominious end.

Hasler had dedicated decades to the Manly cause. Now he was booted from Brookvale. Again. Whether he is entitled to a payout is a contentious point.

It will be up to the lawyers to decide if there is a pot of gold for him at the end of the rainbow.

Squad is sorted.
Trbojevic/Weekes.
Saab/Tuipulotu.
Parker/Myers.
Koula/Harper.
Garrick/Vaega.
Schuster/Dargan
DCE/Humphreys.
Aloiai/Sipley.
Croker/Roache.
Keppie/Fifita.
Olakau'atu/Trbojevic.
Tuilagi/Matterson.
Trbojevic/Tuitavake.
Lawton.
GCKTong.
Bullemor.
Paseka.
31-34.
L.Fainu.
S.Fainu.
Z.Fulton.
J.Sykes.
J.Uesele.
PJPKopa.
S.Fotu.
Think Roache is still on a train and trial arrangement , Who has Dargen played for , just trying to think . Fletcher - Myers apparently has real potential Would have or would rate Paseka and Bullemor quite a bit higher then this listing here , Paseka is still one of the best go forward Manly props

Think Roache is still on a train and trial arrangement , Who has Dargen played for , just trying to think . Fletcher - Myers apparently has real potential Would have or would rate Paseka and Bullemor quite a bit higher then this listing here , Paseka is still one of the best go forward Manly props
It is just a list of guys with the club at the moment Al,Fulton is not signed yet,Roache is not contracted or Dargan,Myers is not named as a member of the squad etc...Boyle is mentioned as inking a deal potentially
The list from top to bottom is the best 17 in my opinion and the guys beside the dash on the right are the Reggie's making up the top 30.
It is just my opinion that a good coach could work with the talent we already have and beat any side barring the Panthers maybe.

My first post here in a while, I think Manly was in trouble way before Des was fired, and even way before we missed the 8 this year. I think Toms brilliance was covering up some pretty huge cracks. We need to rebuild from the ground up starting with our junior levels. Do i think Seibold is the man to do it, well no, but i will support him and hope he can surprise us all.

Different matter if Siebold had not already had a reasonable stint in i st grade coaching but really would have been a big ask with Des being able to work with him or vice versa with egos and pride and individual coaching style factors . Rightly or wrongly and whether it was primarily Penn or other elements in the club , Des was only destined for an ever diminishing role or tenure as head coach for some time now . In the practical sense , probably only one or an unlikely two more seasons with Des at the helm the way things were going even with a bit of the stability factor . Players are employed and paid to conduct themselves in a professional and committed manner irrespective of their playing status , coaches and support staff also accordingly , No doubt will be a bit of fall out for a while yet but why should it really matter in the overall scheme of things . Manly are still in the comp with a quite competitive playing squad , life moves on , Just hope that Manly can have a so much better run with injuries next season and on going , That is going to have a bigger influence on results then any coaching situation , though some improved coaching input or playing systems could be something to look forward to .

Now we have to move on and get behind Siebold and hope that Penn gets sick of being labelled a useless c*** and sells the club to URM .A few others in the media also now starting to call out Penn as not fit for purpose.
Anyway go Manly
I wonder (and fear) for how much longer will URM be happy to keep pouring money into this basket-case of club through their generous sponsorship....

Paseka just needs to stay fit and get just a little bit angry when he plays. Then he can go back to being the nice quiet bloke that he is.

I wonder (and fear) for how much longer will URM be happy to keep pouring money into this basket-case of club through their generous sponsorship....
Be very interested to see how the club's sponsorship in general goes over the next few months. Management would have their work cut out trying to attract new sponsors at present.

Had/have massive hopes for Tent... he is a bit like the girl with the curl...
I'm hoping Seibold can get him fit and able to switch from this good fella to one of our real weapons that he has the potential to be.

Attachments

• taniela-family-mudgee.jpg
    taniela-family-mudgee.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 26
Ultimately it represents change. Hopefully Cleal (who I would be happy to hear from anyone what he has actually done over the past 2 seasons) and Singe go as well.

IF we end up with some more structure, better defensive line and fitness - then the decision will be seen as positive. I could not go through with the same boring out the back plays over and over for another season.

As a side note what did people really want from Mestrov. I have seen many comments about him being invisible, a Penn "lackey", "done nothing yet". He appears to have some steel and was part of a major decision to sack the coach. Maybe he is what we need - a tough operator not afraid to challenge the staus quo.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10