OFFICIAL: HASLER SACKED & SEIBOLD NEW COACH

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Does Manly have a coach yet? Maybe an assistant?

Players are due back on 1 November, obviously we've got a few away at the world cup but ... after what happened this year surely we need the new coach ready to roll on 1 November. In person (not on zoom).
But what would I know, I can't afford to buy a footy club!
Training starts November 10. I'm sure Seibold will fly back to Sydney for official announcement next week, meet with Hales etc.

Hales and newly appointed trainers & assistants will get the boys going for the first 3 weeks. Obviously with the primary focus of first month of pre-season being all about fitness, this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Progress results and any instruction can be communicated quite regularly back and forth with head coach with ease due to technology these days.

More of a concern is that Seibold will need to organise support staff, put in plan and contend with a logistical nightmare trip to USA all in his first few weeks.

More of a concern is that Seibold will need to organise support staff, put in plan and contend with a logistical nightmare trip to USA all in his first few weeks.
If Penn persists with the USA game after all this, it will show that he has zero interest in the chances of the 'club'. Such a dick.

I do
Training starts November 10. I'm sure Seibold will fly back to Sydney for official announcement next week, meet with Hales etc.

Hales and newly appointed trainers & assistants will get the boys going for the first 3 weeks. Obviously with the primary focus of first month of pre-season being all about fitness, this shouldn't be too much of an issue. Progress results and any instruction can be communicated quite regularly back and forth with head coach with ease due to technology these days.

I don't think any of this is new to Siebold, he would have signed up long before Penn went public about him joining us, support staff and other peripherals would be in train, as unprofessional as our club has been there's no way that Siebold would take this appointment lightly, I reckon he's been getting his ducks in a row since even before the regular season ended, apart from the team underperforming, the press conference post rainbow gate would have been the major catalyst for Haslers exit, Penn has shown he doesn't like anyone opposing him

apart from the team underperforming, the press conference post rainbow gate would have been the major catalyst for Haslers exit, Penn has shown he doesn't like anyone opposing him

I reckoned ... and called it ... that the moment I knew there were moves afoot to hog-tie Dessie was weeks earlier than Rainbowgate ... it was when Penn came out and sided with V'Landy's and publicly chastised Des for having a go at the ref's ... there was no reason for it .. and it was a remarkable for an owner to go public with his criticism of a coach over an issue like that ..

Then (as I think @Budgie ) pointed out ... in the first dual press conference with Dessie and Mestrov ... Mestrov had just started to answer a question when Dessie stood up and started to walk ending the session mid comment ... I was amassed at the disrespect shown at the time .. but just put it down to Des being Des ... but now I think they both knew what was coming ..

PSS .. if somebody knows how to find that press conference I would like to see it again ...

Nope. Anthony said yesterday no deal is done.

The reason I asked is that it is possible that there is a verbal agreement, but not yet a binding signed contract between both parties.

In any case, until confirmed, the current thread title is (partially) incorrect.

If Penn persists with the USA game after all this, it will show that he has zero interest in the chances of the 'club'. Such a dick.
It will never happen next year because no other team will agree to it. What are they going to do, play with themselves?

They seemed to do that for much of 2022, with a very poor outcome.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8