OFFICIAL: MANLY A RABBLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I had the white 76 model Jersey with Pioneer on the front and when mum washed it it turned pink........
To quote the great philosopher William Birmingham I " blew up like a suicide bombers sandshoe ".

Mum did the same to my sister's '96 jersey. Then tried to bleach it back to white again...I still have recurring nightmares about that abomination

I used to ask my Mum to not hang it out in the sun to dry, but remarkably it didn't fade. But it is suffering from "rust" marks from age.
76jersey.JPG

I used to ask my Mum to not hang it out in the sun to dry, but remarkably it didn't fade. But it is suffering from "rust" marks from age.
View attachment 4941
Absolute gold.
That must be the original original because, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they, come later in the season, infuse the Pioneer into the fabric?
Brilliant !!!

Absolute gold.
That must be the original original because, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they, come later in the season, infuse the Pioneer into the fabric?
Brilliant !!!
Thanks @Harvies elbow, it is an original supporter's jersey from '76. I needed a jersey for school footy and talked my parents into buying this for me to wear. The kids ripped most of the stereo off the back (which I replaced with ink, below). Might be different to player issue. The only time I've seen similar is a pic of Ray Higgs in '78 kit which has the same sea eagle emblem (below)
manly762.JPG

ray higgs.jpg

Thanks @Harvies elbow, it is an original supporter's jersey from '76. I needed a jersey for school footy and talked my parents into buying this for me to wear. The kids ripped most of the stereo off the back (which I replaced with ink, below). Might be different to player issue. The only time I've seen similar is a pic of Ray Higgs in '78 kit which has the same sea eagle emblem (below)
View attachment 4942

View attachment 4943
Great job with the inking.
Funny thing then about that 78 emblem is that they wore a gold coloured emblem during the season. Why I don't know, but they must've pulled that Jersey out of the 76 cupboard for Higgsy to wear.
It was one of the rare times he was sighted in one due to a career ending back injury. Shame.

I wish I had access to the stimuli you have over there. Maybe I could see the happy side too..
Operating on pure fatigue. off a 24 hour flight hang out with the kids whilst watching the game. There were some things to enjoy, watching the way Tom Turbo played in phases was awesome and you can see the fits and spurts of the quality he has threatened to show for so long. That alone was good enough.
My expectations werent for us to win that game, i dont have that many we will win this year, but rather than let it get me down, I have two choices, watch the games and be bitterly disappointed or go in with an expectation of a loss and enjoy some of the moments. Admittedly I turned it off when they scored straight under the posts with 10 to go, but then again I havent seen my family for 2.5 weeks so preferred to spend time playing with my kids than see the last few minutes.

I just don't live and die by the results anymore, and dont expect us to beat the world, we arent that team right now, but it all ebbs and flows

i miss the dayz where every bench player was an impact player no matter who they were, they just lifted playing for Manly under DESSY.
now it seems no matter how good a player we buy, under BARRETT they get worse with every game. ?

Spoken like a CEO desperately trying to drum up positivity for purely personal reasons where none exists. Keep it up Donald, sorry Daniel, not too sure what there was to enjoy about that Mr Alan Bond.
Interesting comparison, you must struggle to get out of bed in the morning with that world view.

I enjoyed watching Turbo make those breaks and that first 20 was really a decent effort, the rest sucked, but I didn't ever expect it not to

Interesting comparison, you must struggle to get out of bed in the morning with that world view.

I enjoyed watching Turbo make those breaks and that first 20 was really a decent effort, the rest sucked, but I didn't ever expect it not to
Not at all, im awake before 3pm everyday during the week. Tom is a future superstar!

• 😆
Reactions: Dan

I too am hoping for an improved season but expecting another hard year. Seeing the Turbo's evolve, new players step up.....it's all great. Looking forward to when we have a premiership winning team, maybe in a couple of years!

Not at all, im awake before 3pm everyday during the week. Tom is a future superstar!
3PM early riser! I have no idea what time it is anymore or what timezone I am in.....I am pretty close to delirious at this point in time...fight the nap...fight the nap.

See watching the Turbo's was a highpoint. We just have to wait out the current ebb, it wont last more than another season or so. If I could sit through the trash which were the Northern Eagles, I can survive this period as unpleasant as it is.

Hahaha..Well in my case it washed out but the maroon was a bit faded.
The 96 model was a bit more complicated.

The white panels on my sister's jersey came up perfect after the bleaching...the maroon was kind of a browny-goldy tie-dye effect. She never wore it again...and it was only a few months old when it happened.

I still have mine, but the Pepsi logo and the numbers on the back haven't held up well.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10