OFFICIAL: MANLY A RABBLE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Great job with the inking.
Funny thing then about that 78 emblem is that they wore a gold coloured emblem during the season. Why I don't know, but they must've pulled that Jersey out of the 76 cupboard for Higgsy to wear.
It was one of the rare times he was sighted in one due to a career ending back injury. Shame.
Great pickup there @Harvies elbow. Higgs played against St George in '77 Grand Final and came to us in '78 when we had the new Sea Eagle emblem with gold sun behind. That jumper must have been '77 issue. I didn't like the new emblem until the Legends of '78 convinced me otherwise;)
A pic I have carried around for years of the '78 Legends......
legends78.JPG

3PM early riser! I have no idea what time it is anymore or what timezone I am in.....I am pretty close to delirious at this point in time...fight the nap...fight the nap.

See watching the Turbo's was a highpoint. We just have to wait out the current ebb, it wont last more than another season or so. If I could sit through the trash which were the Northern Eagles, I can survive this period as unpleasant as it is.
The core is there already, undoubtedly, I too feel we will be right back up there within a season or two. Don't fight the nap Dan, embrace the pillow man.

The core is there already, undoubtedly, I too feel we will be right back up there within a season or two. Don't fight the nap Dan, embrace the pillow man.
a nap will be fatal, I cant let jetlag kick in I have too much travel this week to follow

Great pickup there @Harvies elbow. Higgs played against St George in '77 Grand Final and came to us in '78 when we had the new Sea Eagle emblem with gold sun behind. That jumper must have been '77 issue. I didn't like the new emblem until the Legends of '78 convinced me otherwise;)
A pic I have carried around for years of the '78 Legends......
View attachment 4945
That was out of RLW wasn't it?
When it was a great mag.........

does anyone know why Wills Meehan is playing league again and the Dogs are looking at him closely ? why did we let him go???????i thought boxing was his mojo, seems like we pissed him off. another one gone.

Last edited:
The white panels on my sister's jersey came up perfect after the bleaching...the maroon was kind of a browny-goldy tie-dye effect. She never wore it again...and it was only a few months old when it happened.

I still have mine, but the Pepsi logo and the numbers on the back haven't held up well.
Same but the Pepsi logo is cracked on mine.

Personally I don't agree with the rabble comment.

We are in middle of the biggest rebuild since 2003.

Many of the players who ran out today won't be here in a few years, some won't be here next year.

Unlike ANY other side we have 1.3 million of cap sitting on the sideline NOT ONE OTHER CLUB HAS THIS LIABILITY!!

We are struggling to put combinations together , it's tough, very tough.

I understand people's angst, but as fans , we support through thick AND thin!!

Same but the Pepsi logo is cracked on mine.

Those old heat-pressed logos just gave up after a while.

I thought about getting the '96 heritage jersey a few years ago, but it bugs me that the Pepsi logo isn't actually the one they wore in the GF. Pepsi changed their logo late-ish in the season, I got my jersey right after the change. Plus, my original is a 3/4 sleeve, not short sleeved.

Personally I don't agree with the rabble comment.

We are in middle of the biggest rebuild since 2003.

Many of the players who ran out today won't be here in a few years, some won't be here next year.

Unlike ANY other side we have 1.3 million of cap sitting on the sideline NOT ONE OTHER CLUB HAS THIS LIABILITY!!

We are struggling to put combinations together , it's tough, very tough.

I understand people's angst, but as fans , we support through thick AND thin!!
Souths had close to that sitting on the sideline today in Inglis, didn't they?

Those old heat-pressed logos just gave up after a while.

I thought about getting the '96 heritage jersey a few years ago, but it bugs me that the Pepsi logo isn't actually the one they wore in the GF. Pepsi changed their logo late-ish in the season, I got my jersey right after the change. Plus, my original is a 3/4 sleeve, not short sleeved.
Yeah I got the original.
The GF one is bigger, squarer and blue isn't it?
These days I just get the sponsorless variety. Saves me from green blobs.
Or I nick my son's ones.

Haha no they didn't.
I got that but it's not in such good condition.
I always loved that drawing especially of Igor.
Actually spent waaay too much money buying a heap of old RLWs and big leagues back that my mum threw out.
Agree mate, same here.
Here is a page from that issue, 16 September 1978 - Grand Final Day - showing what Graham Eadie personally was carrying into the GF after the Wests Final. And then they drew and played again mid week (I scrounged a lift home from school to watch)
Probably should start a thread on the Legends of '78.
wombat.JPG

Yeah I got the original.
The GF one is bigger, squarer and blue isn't it?
These days I just get the sponsorless variety. Saves me from green blobs.
Or I nick my son's ones.

Yeah, it's a big blue rectangle on the GF one.

The one I'm most annoyed at Mum about is my mid-80s Wormald jersey - I had the white alternate strip one, handed down from my brother, I remember wearing it on GF day in 1987. It was given to some grubby younger cousin who wrecked it, would've loved to still have that one in the collection.

I've got one of the maroon Wormald ones now but it's not the same as having the kiddie-sized one I was actually wearing on the day!

Agree mate, same here.
Here is a page from that issue, 16 September 1978 - Grand Final Day - showing what Graham Eadie personally was carrying into the GF after the Wests Final. And then they drew and played again mid week (I scrounged a lift home from school to watch)
Probably should start a thread on the Legends of '78.
View attachment 4947
Yeah mate definitely. Especially while the chips are down.
Yeah mum wrote me a note to get out of sport and I walked home and listened to Frank Hyde ( legend ) on the wireless.
Every time I smell paint reminds me of that time cause dad was painting my room.
Eadie was in that condition and Randall was worse.
The greatest.

Good luck with that, it appears someone is going to have some serious bags under their eyes in the coming days.

Timezones for the last 2 weeks.
Amsterdam > Sydney >> 2 days later brisbane > next day melbourne > next day perth >> Sydney >> 2 days later NZ >> Sydney >> Amsterdam

UK this week then Italy the week after, i've given up on consistency. I am convinced all I do for work is board and disembark planes

Yeah, it's a big blue rectangle on the GF one.

The one I'm most annoyed at Mum about is my mid-80s Wormald jersey - I had the white alternate strip one, handed down from my brother, I remember wearing it on GF day in 1987. It was given to some grubby younger cousin who wrecked it, would've loved to still have that one in the collection.

I've got one of the maroon Wormald ones now but it's not the same as having the kiddie-sized one I was actually wearing on the day!
Especially if it still fits !!!!
I'd put a contract out on that cuz. Lol.
I'm going to watch the replay of today now so I might trash my current one.....
Never.

Yeah mate definitely. Especially while the chips are down.
Yeah mum wrote me a note to get out of sport and I walked home and listened to Frank Hyde ( legend ) on the wireless.
Every time I smell paint reminds me of that time cause dad was painting my room.
Eadie was in that condition and Randall was worse.
The greatest.
And a thank you @Harvies elbow for distracting me tonight with positive things. Cheers mate.

Especially if it still fits !!!!
I'd put a contract out on that cuz. Lol.
I'm going to watch the replay of today now so I might trash my current one.....
Never.

Haha, no way it would fit - I was 7 years old! Would've been nice to either frame it or see one of the little nieces or nephews wear it though.

The '96 one does still fit (I was 16 then, plus buying stuff a few sizes too big was the fashion haha) but it's been retired before it falls apart!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10