Ok - I'll put it another way

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i would have thought that it would be a good idea to get a major sponsor on board,and get the jumpers and other merchandise out in the shops to cash in on Xmas.that would bring in some revenue.But,thats just me,I'd like to make at least a few $$$ if I was running a footy club.

Ryan link said:
Well, the paper is suggesting we may not have a sponsor heading into next season. Thought's, half full people? I told you this would happen 18 months ago.

Thoughts?

Since you asked, this seems evidence of identifying yourself with Manly and having a negative attribution style. 

Must be painful. 

Perhaps a carry-over from past negative experiences deeply burned into your psyche.  Like, maybe, being a Norths supporter in a past life. 

:)

Shouldn't you be directing your comments at the media manager?

Seriously do we need another thread on this topic?

Do we need more negative comments ripping into the club it's admin and the ceo?

It's obvious this is how the club has chosen to be run, bitching on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...................................................

WILL ACHIEVE ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

Go and send your thoughts to the club I am positive i am not alone here this topic has been done so many times it's like beating a god damn dead horse.

Ryan link said:
Well, the paper is suggesting we may not have a sponsor heading into next season. Thought's, half full people? I told you this would happen 18 months ago.

How much did guys like Quantum, Betta Fire Protection and that much give to The Eagles per annum, that are now lost, and not replaced?

No Ryan, the paper suggested the New Year, you are the one suggesting next season

I can see your very,very,very long point jonesy.But,it's the information part of it that gets most people (or lack of it).If you run a business that relies on the public,you have to keep them informed,or they lose interest,and go somewhere else,or look for something else to do.That's why your junk mail has the harvey norman catalogue coming out the same time as the good guys,jb hifi,retra vision,etc,and why the coles and woolworths catalogues are never far away from each other.They don't want your mind wandering away from them.Also,they have them hand delivered to you (or e-mailed in some cases) so their info is readily accessible.
i don't know if it's just me,but I seem to get plenty of advertising from Manly to buy things,join memberships,memorabilia online auctions,etc,but I'd rather know more about where the club's actually going,what we are trying to achieve,who our sponsors and signings are.

ayjay007 link said:
I can see your very,very,very long point jonesy.But,it's the information part of it that gets most people (or lack of it).If you run a business that relies on the public,you have to keep them informed,or they lose interest,and go somewhere else,or look for something else to do.That's why your junk mail has the harvey norman catalogue coming out the same time as the good guys,jb hifi,retra vision,etc,and why the coles and woolworths catalogues are never far away from each other.They don't want your mind wandering away from them.Also,they have them hand delivered to you (or e-mailed in some cases) so their info is readily accessible.
i don't know if it's just me,but I seem to get plenty of advertising from Manly to buy things,join memberships,memorabilia online auctions,etc,but I'd rather know more about where the club's actually going,what we are trying to achieve,who our sponsors and signings are.

It Also annoys me, but bitching about it on here constantly isn't going to change anything.

Talk to the club, it's their club they cna run it how they like perhaps if more people spent less time whining on here whilst laying the boot in and talking to them instead they may change their tune?

E-mail them, call them? you owuld have better luck getting information through the club than an unoffical forum that has nothing to do with the club.

Shane link said:
How about Ask Lowie?

From "ask Lowie"

How’s the sponsor search going for next year? Do we have anybody in the pipeline just yet?
John, Brisbane

Thanks for your interest John. We’re still looking and we are having some very encouraging talks with a number of organisations who are very interested. However keeping in mind this isn’t something that can happen over night, but it will happen

Who have the club recruited apart from Tim Robinson and Daniel Harrison?
Shane via Facebook

Hi Shane,
I show the same confidence that Des has in our squad and we must keep in mind that Brett Stewart and David Williams will provide an injection into our playing squad.

Why has Manly not been proactive in the player market?
Glen – Sea Eagles member

To tell you the truth Glen, this really is left to Des and the Football Department. We employ Des with the utmost faith to deliver us a great side every year and with six consecutive finals appearances he’s doing a fantastic job

If you are not happy with the "Ask Lowie" section or you feel that it is not giving you the info you want then email the club or him directly - I did.

I agree with Jonesy, moaning on here so that others agree with you is not the way to communicate your thoughts to the club?

Baz, As a member you have paid your money and deserve a say in your club so get in contact with them?

As with a lot of pointless topics I stay out of them normally. But have to agree with Jonesy and Vid. People are just going on and on

There needs to prehaps by an age limit of the fans that can post on here. I know a 3 year old that complains less that half of some people that post.

Let the GREAT backroom staff at the club run it and support what they do. In terms of Value for money isn't going to the games value for money.

I sometimes wonder if people would still not be happy if Dessie Lowy and co personally went to their house and told them all the ins and outs of the club themselves.
Read the net, read the paper( the daily is online for those like me that don't live on the beaches so no excuses there).
Apart from what the players had for breakfast last Monday and what colour undies they wear I think we get enough info.
Anyway thats my rant,
GO MANLY, I'm off now to my garden shed to cool off.

tractorboy link said:
I sometimes wonder if people would still not be happy if Dessie Lowy and co personally went to their house and told them all the ins and outs of the club themselves.
...but how good would that be..Lowey and Des turning up at the doorstep...like some bad-arse bovver brothers...Vinnie Jones-esque.
"You got a fkn problem with us Wombat!!...well do ya!!..(as Dessy grabs hold of the 'bat and lowey gives him a nice working over)

BAZ link said:
Ok. I'll Ask Lowie.

Baz, not sure if we have met BUT (and yes a big BUT) my thoughts are that if you are committed enough to front up with your cash and support your team then you are quite within your right to speak to the person who is in charge and ask "please explain?"

From experience most in the club are open, approachable and feel accountable to the members and will answer direct questions from them.

Posts on public forums are not the way to approach the management or executive of an NRL team?

If need be private message me with your contact details and I'll pass on and try to see that you get an answer?

Post  automatically merged: [time]1289818609[/time]

wombatgc link said:
[quote author=tractorboy link=topic=185939.msg306078#msg306078 date=1289807931]
...but how good would that be..Lowey and Des turning up at the doorstep...like some bad-arse bovver brothers...Vinnie Jones-esque.
"You got a fkn problem with us Wombat!!...well do ya!!..(as Dessy grabs hold of the 'bat and lowey gives him a nice working over)
[/quote]

Careful what you wish for Wombat - they've outsourced to an overseas (UK apparently..) outfit for next year..."You lookin' at me? (or my garden shed...?)"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7