Olympic Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Some great Aussie results over the last few days.

But as always, another world soccer tournament, another dodgy ref screwing aust over.

Eight-time Olympian Andrew Hoy has become Australia’s oldest Olympic medallist, winning a Tokyo 2020 silver medal as part of the equestrian eventing team on Monday.

The 62-year-old Hoy, plus teammates Shane Rose and Kevin McNab, finished second behind Great Britain in the equestrian team eventing discipline.

Aussie girls into the beach volleyball final! I've really enjoyed watching them the last few days.

Aussie girls into the beach volleyball final! I've really enjoyed watching them the last few days.
Best sport to watch live (other than rugby league of course)! I remember going to Sydney 2000 Day 1 of the Olympics, Bondi Beach on a beautiful warm sunny Saturday afternoon to watch the women's beach volleyball. Got to see Kerry Pottharst and Natalie Cook in the opening rounds who them went on to win the gold medal in the finals.

Best sport to watch live (other than rugby league of course)! I remember going to Sydney 2000 Day 1 of the Olympics, Bondi Beach on a beautiful warm sunny Saturday afternoon to watch the women's beach volleyball. Got to see Kerry Pottharst and Natalie Cook in the opening rounds who them went on to win the gold medal in the finals.
1628135966020.png

Well done to the Gold Coast boys getting Gold in the K2 1000 metres kayak final.:party:

And a shout-out to our Kiwi neighbours, with Lisa Carrington becoming NZs most successful Olympian. And she’s still got the K4 final tomorrow.

Last edited:
Another goooooold in men's skateboarding!

Also aust v usa mens basketball at the moment.

Aust were leading by 16 points when I tuned in...then usa went on a 13 point run

half time, aust lead by 3. fmd - jinx or what??????

Another goooooold in men's skateboarding!

Also aust v usa mens basketball at the moment.

Aust were leading by 16 points when I tuned in...then usa went on a 13 point run

half time, aust lead by 3. fmd - jinx or what??????
That’s why I’m not watching the boomers. As soon as I stick it on, they start leaking points like a sieve.

I’ve got no stats to confirm it, but I feel the USA have had a shiit Olympics by their standards. Couldn’t even make the finals of the 4x100 relay. Conversely, how good have the Italians been. Who knew the dagos could run that fast?

I’ve got no stats to confirm it, but I feel the USA have had a shiit Olympics by their standards. Couldn’t even make the finals of the 4x100 relay. Conversely, how good have the Italians been. Who knew the dagos could run that fast?
Donald Trump puts it down to the athletes being woke. That is why the USA Women's team didn't win gold, according to him.

"If our soccer team, headed by a radical group of Leftist Maniacs, wasn't woke, they would have won the Gold medal instead of the Bronze," he said. "Woke means you lose, everything that is woke goes bad, and our soccer team certainly has."

As for Megan Rapinoe who scored two goals: "The woman with purple hair played terribly and spends too much time thinking about Radical Left politics and not doing her job!"

But really, all Team USA did was follow their former leader down the sh!tter!

Sorry to introduce politics, but I laughed out loud when I read the 45th's comments this morning...

Great olympics by Australia. Even though there was only two medals in the athletics for Australia, I loved it. The Decathlon was really exciting and to see so many Aussie's actually get to the finals of their discipline and strongly compete was unreal.

I was pretty cynical about the olympics to begin with but I have done a full 180.

Highlights for me were watching Titmus beat Ledecky in the 400m freestyle, the girls in the 4x100m relay swimming, Peter Bol in the 400m and Ash Moloney's bronze in the decathlon.

But seriously, can anyone say that equestrian should be an olympic sport? Can you imagine trying to pick up babes in the olympic village and saying "I am here for dressage"?

How good Kelsy-Lee Barber. Bronze in the javelin. Beautiful moment with her husband and trainer afterwards.

It was awesome, especially since she said she's been suffering from the dreaded 'yips'.

Wow! The Canadian girls soccer team beat Sweden in a penalty shoot out. The Canadian goal keeper should win best on field. Aussies came fourth.

So happy for Christine Sinclair to finally get a gold medal (CDN capt and world record goal scorer for women).

that GK was all head games too, smirking away...etc.

The 17 year old had 3 penalty shots in 2 games (all successful) - talk about dealing with pressure!

woohoo!

The usa have had a crap olympics by their 'pre-game estimates' that we all heard about.

Out team sport Olympics has been a bit disappointing. Not one gold from Soccer, Basketball or Hockey. We were considered a reasonable chance for all 6 of those teams, thought we may have jagged at least one gold and a couple of other medals.

It was awesome, especially since she said she's been suffering from the dreaded 'yips'.

So happy for Christine Sinclair to finally get a gold medal (CDN capt and world record goal scorer for women).

that GK was all head games too, smirking away...etc.

The 17 year old had 3 penalty shots in 2 games (all successful) - talk about dealing with pressure!

woohoo!

The usa have had a crap olympics by their 'pre-game estimates' that we all heard about.
Those shots of the Canadian girls winning, then the shots of the Swedish girls bawling, epitomises everything about the Olympics. On your day if everything/one clicks nothings off the table.
Good point by @Chip and Chase which just highlights that point. We weren’t "on" when it counted.
I have to say it again. The Italians. No way did I think their last runner would be able to run the Pom down at the finish of the relay. Brilliant stuff.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4