On the Couch with Sterlo - Ian Roberts One on One

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was along with Clyde. The prototype of the modern forward. Huge motor and skill to make the one out of ten offload. norths tried like hell to get their own version but they got Larson fairleigh and Moore who defended like battle ships and attacked like pop guns (Not my analogy from RLW when it was relevant).

He was a pioneer for blokes like Harragon etc. through Fletcher BK Fitzsimmons.

That type of player may come back if the interchange goes to six. I miss them. Too many powerful Polynesians without the heart and the nouce to offload sensibly. And the game suffers for it.

216057-les-davidson-mario-fenech-and-ian-roberts.jpg

Is Ian wearing pants in that picture?! @:blush:

i used to point out to my mates how he'd make a tackle, then they play the ball and pass 2 from the ruck - and he'd be in the tackle, then they'd play the ball and pass it out the backline, where they'd make half a break and pass again 2 times, and who'd be on the other side of the field making the tackle? Roberts. He was the fittest forward I'd seen up to that time, and still one of my favourite players

You just described my recent sex life.

Yeah, right! Recent sex life. lol. Still, it could be a lot worse....I thought you meant your recent activities involved some one on one couch time with Sterlo. :whew:

On Ian Roberts.....there is a fine line between bravery and stupidity. Garry Jack got down in a runners starting position, began sprinting and once at top flight, pole vaulted straight over that line with disastrous consequences.

Ian was tough, skilful and dependable. Top player.

Lol...the pic gave me flashbacks to swimming lessons in the 80s - after your lesson finished, you had to put a t-shirt and your thongs on before Mum would let you go to the canteen for a sausage roll. For some reason shorts/pants weren't a requirement!

You do wear them now though, yeah?

Good interview on Sterol's program this evening with John Farragher. Quite an inspirational fellow.
Sterling does some of the better league interviews, it must be said. And has hopefully learned a bit of humility since his doe-eyed fawning over Foran last year.

I am happy to say that I will stand with Ian in the plebiscite. Equality for all.
Fully agree. :clap:

I don't understand why we even need a vote on adults formalizing their family lives.:rolleyes:

No talk of forcing Religious Organizations in participating in marriage ceremonies that they rule immoral. So what's their issue :banghead:

Just 40 years ago we had illegitimate kids being denied baptisms and rights in Wills.
That law was changed and society is better for it :nod:

Love Ian's strength of character in living his truth :inlove:

Great prop forward who had it all in both defence and attack. Was a master at turning it over when we most needed it with a well timed rake, too.

That is one rule I wish they had never changed and I wish they would bring it back. Allowing the marker to strike at the ball might actually make players play the ball correctly because there would be a need to protect the ball.

Roberts and Wally Lewis were the best strikers for the ball I've seen. Sadly thanks to the rules in place now its a lost art.

That is one rule I wish they had never changed and I wish they would bring it back. Allowing the marker to strike at the ball might actually make players play the ball correctly because there would be a need to protect the ball.

Roberts and Wally Lewis were the best strikers for the ball I've seen. Sadly thanks to the rules in place now its a lost art.
Definitely agree about bringing the rule back. It would definitely be a positive for the ruck area.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6