One of the dangers of private ownership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Canteen Worker said:
There is two sides to every story: It is no secret the interference of owners (who were businessmen) into the Football operation of the club and even in the selection of the playing roster was a factor in certain staff moving on. The behaviour of relatives of owners did not endear itself to the football operations of the club either. It is all a matter of perspective.

I have never met Max or Penn (unlike LoveFooty) but there is a lot more than the one-sided posturing made on this site.

Get a grip, the time Max was there the club played in 2 grand finals. Hardly that bad. He only interfered with Monas getting resigned which proved to be a good thing for the club at the time.

Now you have that fool Peters attempting to keep delmege away from the change rooms to celebrate the win with the players after the souths game.

max deserves a statue outside Brookvale. We'd not have a club, nor having this discussion without the generosity of the big man.

I read one of Max's post on Facebook, that they attempted to ban him from the sheds at the Souths Game....if that is correct (and I assume it is) then it's a bloody disgrace!!

The guy (like many others) got into financial trouble as a result of the GFC, but you certainly can't take away from him what he did in that early period....no Max Delmege = no Manly (back then), so DSM is right, deserves a Statue!!

I should also add I don't have one single issue with Scott Penn, without him we'd be stuffed as well, so this is NOT a "praise Max knock Scott" post.

Mark from Brisbane said:
I read one of Max's post on Facebook, that they attempted to ban him from the sheds at the Souths Game....if that is correct (and I assume it is) then it's a bloody disgrace!!

The guy (like many others) got into financial trouble as a result of the GFC, but you certainly can't take away from him what he did in that early period....no Max Delmege = no Manly (back then), so DSM is right, deserves a Statue!!

I should also add I don't have one single issue with Scott Penn, without him we'd be stuffed as well, so this is NOT a "praise Max knock Scott" post.

I was told that Zorba locked the door so max and Phill Sidney could not get in. The bloke is a pest and does the penns no favours having him as one of there reps on the board.

For mine, the fact that max Delmege is still a passionate supporter of the club speaks volumes about the man himself. A lesser person woulkd harbour bitterness particularly as Max is no longer as financially well off as he was back in 2002. Rather than be embittered about the many millions of $$$ he pumped into the club as well as all the other speculation about hius relationship with the Penn family. Max wants to walk into the sheds and congratulate the players on a fine win.

Without the huge sacrifice of Max Delmege this team(potentially our best ever) would not exist.

The Penn family now continue the task of outlaying money to ensure this most magnificent sporting club continues to be the most successful, they too are doing a fantastic job. I was very happy to hear Mr Penn intervened on friday night allowing Max his rightful entry into the sheds.

I am grateful to both families for the last ten years that otherwise would not have been.

Kevinward777 said:
For mine, the fact that max Delmege is still a passionate supporter of the club speaks volumes about the man himself. A lesser person woulkd harbour bitterness particularly as Max is no longer as financially well off as he was back in 2002. Rather than be embittered about the many millions of $$$ he pumped into the club as well as all the other speculation about hius relationship with the Penn family. Max wants to walk into the sheds and congratulate the players on a fine win.

Without the huge sacrifice of Max Delmege this team(potentially our best ever) would not exist.

The Penn family now continue the task of outlaying money to ensure this most magnificent sporting club continues to be the most successful, they too are doing a fantastic job. I was very happy to hear Mr Penn intervened on friday night allowing Max his rightful entry into the sheds.

I am grateful to both families for the last ten years that otherwise would not have been.

Yes he had to tell his uncle to pull his head in. Why is zorba on the board. He is hurting the penns with his own bitterness and the drive to get square. I can tell you 2v is not happy with all this.

lovefooty said:
Kevinward777 said:

Yes he had to tell his uncle to pull his head in. Why is zorba on the board. He is hurting the penns with his own bitterness and the drive to get square. I can tell you 2v is not happy with all this.

Good to hear that Zorba was told and good manners and respect prevailed. Glad to hear that Tooves isn't happy with that type of behavior.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4