Optimist/Pessimist pulse .. UPDATE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

How do you currently feel about our future under Seibs?

• Optimistic

• Pessimistic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hey excuse my pontificating pronouncement postulating personal poppycock prognostic powers, but I portend post premiership parlaying pertaining the perplexing performance of the prodigious sea eagles winning the 2023 plate. Self delusion is a many wondrous thing. I can pretend cant I?

Still not optimistic but at least we won , scumatta lost and we've gone ahead of them on the table so it's a win, win.

I am back on the optimistic bandwagon. We are learning to win ugly on the road, it’s a good sign. Our goal line defence is also on the improve. We didn’t have a lot of ball last night but still came away with a win. 👏

Optimism pulse 7th august,

26/10/22 .. optimistic 92.6%
09/11/22 .. optimistic 91.7%
29/11/22 .. optimistic 84.9% .. 152 votes
12/12/22 .. optimistic 83.5% .. 158 votes
01/01/23 .. optimistic 82.9% .. 170 votes
16/01/23 .. optimistic 82.7% .. 173 voters
01/02/23 .. optimistic 82.1% .. 184 voters
19/02/23 .. optimistic 82.3% .. 192 voters
05/03/23 .. optimistic 85.3% .. 197 voters
19/03/23 .. optimistic 83.8% .. 197 voters
06/04/23 .. optimistic 83.3% .. 198 voters
14/04/23 .. optimistic 80.8% .. 203 voters
29/04/23 .. optimistic 81.5% .. 205 voters
06/05/23 .. optimistic 75.2% .. 207 voters
13/05/23 .. optimistic 74.3% .. 210 voters
20/05/23 .. optimistic 72.0% .. 214 voters
27/05/23 .. optimistic 73.8% .. 214 voters
11/06/23 .. optimistic 73.8% .. 214 voters
19/06/23 .. optimistic 73.6% .. 216 voters
28/06/23 .. optimistic 70.5% .. 217 voters
14/07/23 .. optimistic 70.1% .. 221 voters
23/07/23 .. optimistic 64.6% .. 229 voters
07/08/23 .. optimistic 67.7% .. 229 voters

No movement after the loss to Easts ... if anything I'm more optimistic ...

Just checking the all important woodsie poll, by post comments optimism should be in free-fall.
Yet it's steady 🤷‍♂️

Optimism has dropped slightly from 67.7% to 66.7% ...

Following the past 2 games against top 4 sides in which this team of spares refused to turn it up .. and had a real crack ... this team is building an attitude ... I'm definitely in the Optimistic camp ..

Bring on 2024 ...

Optimism has dropped slightly from 67.7% to 66.7% ...

Following the past 2 games against top 4 sides in which this team of spares refused to turn it up .. and had a real crack ... this team is building an attitude ... I'm definitely in the Optimistic camp ..

Bring on 2024 ...
I’ve not posted here for weeks , and very much doubt I’ll be back , but I’ll see what 2024 brings.

There’s just so much negativity, it’s fair dinkum depressing reading the stuff that’s posted ( and in fact a member questioned my mental health , which is fine , but that sort of was the straw that broke the camels back ).

I’ve been on here for a very long time , through some good times , and bad , and I do get that people are entitled to an opinion , but the constant negativity really gets me down, and it’s a happier football experience when you aren’t reading what’s being said.

I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed.

Every thread is the same, and anyone with any semblance of positivity is shot down in flames immediately.

I get we didn’t win the last two games , but by golly gee what an effort this bits and pieces team put up against two of the real heavy weights in this years competition but no , for many , it’s not good enough.

The coach is making changes , Brooks should be a great addition in 24, but clearly we are still short a top line hooker and another 1 or 2 really good props , not superstars as we can’t afford them but good no nonsense players that just do their job , and well.

So many want to bag the coach for his time at the Broncos , he was shafted, internally , by the old boys network because their mate Kevvie wasn’t chosen, he was on a hiding to nothing the moment he was selected by the CEO ( who was also then shafted by the old boys ). But nah all we get is this “ the coach is proud “ crap.

Despite our poor record , I think the coach is starting to have an impact , who is let go , and who comes in as a result by November will give us a better idea of where he’s at. BUT in my opinion , it’ll take every bit of his 3 years to improve the side as there’s a lot of very average players on the books, sadly including one very expensive ex 5/8.

Anyway thought I’d make a final comment , which could in fact be my final comment full stop , but I’ll check in a week or two before kick off in 2024 and see if the mood has changed, however if it hasn’t I think my Silvertails days are done.

Really , it’s just a game , but I think many on here have forgotten that , which is much the pity.

Sayonara all , I hope 2024 is a better year , and I hope a few on here start looking for the little positives because hopefully with lots of little positives we can build back into some very big positives.

Oh lastly , don’t bother coming back at me with your negative , statistical bad news , I’m truly over it, and when I say “ my final comment “, it’s exactly what I mean.

I’ve not posted here for weeks , and very much doubt I’ll be back , but I’ll see what 2024 brings.

There’s just so much negativity, it’s fair dinkum depressing reading the stuff that’s posted ( and in fact a member questioned my mental health , which is fine , but that sort of was the straw that broke the camels back ).

I’ve been on here for a very long time , through some good times , and bad , and I do get that people are entitled to an opinion , but the constant negativity really gets me down, and it’s a happier football experience when you aren’t reading what’s being said.

I’ve hardly looked on here for two weeks and you know , my enjoyment of the last two games wad much better for it. I was able to watch the games , enjoy the fight they had in them , swear at the bad decisions , and end up being proud of what they did. I just read last nights game say thread , and yeah absolutely nothing has changed.

Every thread is the same, and anyone with any semblance of positivity is shot down in flames immediately.

I get we didn’t win the last two games , but by golly gee what an effort this bits and pieces team put up against two of the real heavy weights in this years competition but no , for many , it’s not good enough.

The coach is making changes , Brooks should be a great addition in 24, but clearly we are still short a top line hooker and another 1 or 2 really good props , not superstars as we can’t afford them but good no nonsense players that just do their job , and well.

So many want to bag the coach for his time at the Broncos , he was shafted, internally , by the old boys network because their mate Kevvie wasn’t chosen, he was on a hiding to nothing the moment he was selected by the CEO ( who was also then shafted by the old boys ). But nah all we get is this “ the coach is proud “ crap.

Despite our poor record , I think the coach is starting to have an impact , who is let go , and who comes in as a result by November will give us a better idea of where he’s at. BUT in my opinion , it’ll take every bit of his 3 years to improve the side as there’s a lot of very average players on the books, sadly including one very expensive ex 5/8.

Anyway thought I’d make a final comment , which could in fact be my final comment full stop , but I’ll check in a week or two before kick off in 2024 and see if the mood has changed, however if it hasn’t I think my Silvertails days are done.

Really , it’s just a game , but I think many on here have forgotten that , which is much the pity.

Sayonara all , I hope 2024 is a better year , and I hope a few on here start looking for the little positives because hopefully with lots of little positives we can build back into some very big positives.

Oh lastly , don’t bother coming back at me with your negative , statistical bad news , I’m truly over it, and when I say “ my final comment “, it’s exactly what I mean.

Mark, I agree 100% with every single thing you said.

I have also lost a lot of enjoyment from the site ... like vermin .. the negative numbnuts breed unchecked.

It will be a sad and defining day if you .. IMO .. the heart and soul of Silvertails leaves.

Perspective time @Mark from Brisbane

I also agree 100% with @Woodsie about this situation.

IMHO, you are definitely "the heart and soul of the site" and also the most balanced and reasonable member of the Silvertails cohort. Daylight second.

It will be a sad day if you choose to walk away from Silvertails. Arguably, a cull of the most negative anti-Manly supporters would be a much better solution to this issue than the admins allowing you to walk out the door.

It could also be argued that a targeted selective breeding program would be more effective than encouraging the rampant numbnuts inbreeding on Silvertails that we are seeing at the moment.

Over to you admins.

Last edited:
I haven't been on Seibold wagon, but I have hesitated at times, I reckon if he gives GCKT a crack on the next 2 games and the team doesn't pull stumps and shows some ticker, I might, I just might jump on that wagon for 24 and change my vote.

If dogs and tigers get over us well. No chance

Let's see how how they go when they only have pride...ooops...to play for

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10