Orford, Finch, Cronk or Kimmorley

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
jwaa link said:
What if we could get barrett on the cheap for a year? Would allow us to play dce off the bench and ease him in as an impact player.

This is the best suggestion I have heard. Barrett is only 32, younger than both Orford & Kimmorley and I think Des would be able to bring our the best in him. He is off contract and available (I know he is supposedly retiring) and I agree that DCE should be eased into the side in the same way as Ben Barba has been at Canterbury.

I like the Barrett idea. We do need some maturity to balance Forans youth, the bring DCE through in 2012.

Who hear can have a word with Des????

Isn't Barrett a 5/8th?  Aren't we discussing the need for a half?  DCE for mine with Foran.  Develop DCE into something special if you're the coach others think you are.  And bring him on this year if we slide out of the eight.  I don't think we will, so bring him down straight after the Qld Cup GF to watch us and learn how to win the NRL GF. 

DSM5 link said:
Isn't Barrett a 5/8th?  Aren't we discussing the need for a half?  DCE for mine with Foran.  Develop DCE into something special if you're the coach others think you are.  And bring him on this year if we slide out of the eight.  I don't think we will, so bring him down straight after the Qld Cup GF to watch us and learn how to win the NRL GF. 

Barrett can happily play half or 5/8th. I know it won't happen, but it is the best option.

If they actually came out and said that they were preparing for the future and re-building I wouldn't have a problem with all of these guys leaving. You guys do know that a sizeable portion of our cap has been unavailable for two whole years? If Prince or Thurston were out for two full years I doubt that the Cowboys or Titans would be near the eight!!!

Moops link said:
If they actually came out and said that they were preparing for the future and re-building I wouldn't have a problem with all of these guys leaving. You guys do know that a sizeable portion of our cap has been unavailable for two whole years? If Prince or Thurston were out for two full years I doubt that the Cowboys or Titans would be near the eight!!!
True

Moops link said:

How big exactly is Bretts contract? I think Bailey is our top payed if not G Stewart or Choc

Bailey? You are joking right?

Shane link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=183797.msg271073#msg271073 date=1277976825]

How big exactly is Bretts contract? I think Bailey is our top payed if not G Stewart or Choc
[/quote]

Orford- I appreciate what he's done for us in the past but i don't think, after leaving us for the 'big money' he's worthy of coming back to our club.
Finch... *shakes head*
Cronk- I would really love to see Cronk in the maroon and white. I think, he would flourish under Dez and would do a great job!!
Kimmorley... PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE Noooooooooooo!!!! I couldn't stand to see him on our team! He's a shocker and not a man of maroon & white.

I watched Daly Cherry-Evans play in the QLD Cup, City Vs Country.. and he did a FANTASTIC job! He's full of talent and very elusive. He's got a great kicking and passing game with fantastic direction.
I do have to admit though, that i'm interested in the idea of Barrett.. he is a 5/8th but could easily be a #7.. i think it's a good idea to ease DCE's in slowly.. & this way he'd get some valued experience and mentoring, without the added pressure!!
:)

someone was saying on facebook theres rumours about cronk linking with us????

Be nice but i cant see it

Cambo link said:
someone was saying on facebook theres rumours about cronk linking with us????

Be nice but i cant see it

There's also an article on the DT today about Cronk calling the rumours of him joining Parra "disrespectful" that says to me he is either going to Parra and is annoyed the media already know or he is planning on leaving Melbourne for another club but hasn't made any final decision.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6