Origin Teams Discussion

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: NSW Team leaked

Sutton might give us a better option off the bench than Gidley as he could cover 2nd row as well as halves / centre. If there is a problem with the hooker then move one of the halves forward and Sutton to 5/8. Cant believe they can still be considering Gidley after he has let NSW down with his stupid mistakes, dropped balls and missed tackles for the last however many years.

The Who said:
I think Hoffman is a terrific player, and will do a good job in the first 20 minutes of taking the sting out of the Qld forwards and running at Cronk and Thurston. Then bring on Choc, and keep him there until he is spent.
The sections make sense to me.

If that really is the team Hoffman would be on for 80 minutes, while Choc would come on to play as a 'tight forward' bolstering the go forward up the middle. He'd end up playing big minutes even if he doesn't start.

TokyoEagle said:
Carney over Maloney for me

Yeah second that point.

I know maloney plays outside pearce all season, but there both conservative play makers. This is ok for the chooks cause its club games.

Origin requires some flare at times, and Carney brings that, not maloney.

If anything i would prefer maloney and carney combo

Carney has actually played more with Pearce than Maloney, from his time at the roosters. He also has origin experience under his belt

I'd of liked to see Carney at FB with Hayne to the wing.
Pearce and Maloney are probably the safest option right now but surely Carney could of been picked over Gidley if not at at the back, if not him Sutton. I don't dislike Gidley but in previous years the game plan seems to go out the window to accommodate him when he comes off of the bench.

I'd also prefer to see Merrit or Taufua or Uate over Fergo and Morris regardless of which side of the park they were put on.
The Morris brothers are a Gidley like mystery to me though, they play soundly but offer little more and can both be found missing at times.

Haven't really seen enough from Fergurson to completely dismiss him but from what I've been hearing he has only recently found the kind of consistency you can bet on in origin. I'll see tonight I guess.

Also like Ennis over Farah, at least you know what you're going to get with him.

I feel QLD will have to be really off on the night to loose the first match.

Kue said:
I'd of liked to see Carney at FB with Hayne to the wing.
Pearce and Maloney are probably the safest option right now but surely Carney could of been picked over Gidley if not at at the back, if not him Sutton. I don't dislike Gidley but in previous years the game plan seems to go out the window to accommodate him when he comes off of the bench.

I'd also prefer to see Merrit or Taufua or Uate over Fergo and Morris regardless of which side of the park they were put on.
The Morris brothers are a Gidley like mystery to me though, they play soundly but offer little more and can both be found missing at times.

Haven't really seen enough from Fergurson to completely dismiss him but from what I've been hearing he has only recently found the kind of consistency you can bet on in origin. I'll see tonight I guess.

Also like Ennis over Farah, at least you know what you're going to get with him.

I feel QLD will have to be really off on the night to loose the first match.

Mate I disagree with just about all of your thoughts there lol

I was like you on Brett Morris last year but when they picked him for game 3 he made a couple of sensational plays

I don't think Ennis is anywhere near Farahs league either. Last year in Origin Farah played a great series

I don't think Farah nor Ennis are good enough, but I don't know who is....No Gidley for me., but they love him. Sutton on form.
We need mongrel upfront....Gallen should be in the back row, and pick front rowers.
Really though what other Manly player should be picked.???

Can't believe people are saying no to Farah. Easily our best option. Gidley I think the whole state agrees with as one that shouldn't be there. Dropping grant was a huge mistake IMO

FArah was great last year but for me the attack of carney at 9 could win matches, he may need help defending though but that's what gallen is for.

The thing is though, Carney has never played at 9, can't just toss him into origin there on a hunch, especially when you have a guy like Farah already

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2