Oshay on the move?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
My concern is this is to balance to cap, that is no one comes in. Losing Keppie and Oshay leaves us very light on in the middle. Can't really see it happening to be honest as Oshay is on a very good wicket re salary/games played.

Yes but that's another reason why he needs to get out of Parramatta and join a new club because he isn't happy there hence the atittude problem. He needs a fresh start at a new club. Like I know it was only a short video but when he came into Manly to give his speech about Dean making his debut he looked really happy for his brother and around the Manly boys and I feel this would be a great move similar to Brooke's for both parties
Had the same attitude problem at the Tigers.I didn’t make my comment based on just one incident.He’s played well at the Eels,but the last thing this squad needs is someone with a “me first” thought process

My concern is this is to balance to cap, that is no one comes in. Losing Keppie and Oshay leaves us very light on in the middle. Can't really see it happening to be honest as Oshay is on a very good wicket re salary/games played.
But he may look at England if the contract is longer term than what he’s got at Manly.Obviously this is all speculation,of course

Had the same attitude problem at the Tigers.I didn’t make my comment based on just one incident.He’s played well at the Eels,but the last thing this squad needs is someone with a “me first” thought process
well then we can stick to having a slow depleted pack with lack of mobility and attacking threat because in the past he has shown signs of selfish behaviour. I just think players like that need a change of club and management. Like honestly Aloai and Schuster are the only 2 overpaid IMO and i feel Schuster can be selfish as well. If he doesn't have the right mentality for the start of the season i'm happy to give him to another club. But Manly have a lot of leaders in the club in cherry, jake, tom who are superior to all the leaders he would've played for to help bring him down to earth and embrace a team mentality.

well then we can stick to having a slow depleted pack with lack of mobility and attacking threat because in the past he has shown signs of selfish behaviour. I just think players like that need a change of club and management. Like honestly Aloai and Schuster are the only 2 overpaid IMO and i feel Schuster can be selfish as well. If he doesn't have the right mentality for the start of the season i'm happy to give him to another club. But Manly have a lot of leaders in the club in cherry, jake, tom who are superior to all the leaders he would've played for to help bring him down to earth and embrace a team mentality.
I like the idea of Matterson in a football sense and for team balance.

But he is a mercenary who only cares about himself. Not paying that 4k fine and taking the suspension at the start of last year was one of the weirder and more selfish things I have seen in the game.

The perfect outcome for Manly would be if Aloai does go and I agree he may not be going for 600k in the nrl but the super league is a different market and he maybe seen as one of the best players of the league there so he high chance he could be going for atleast 500k. With this money in the bank Manly should like to sign Ryan Matterson from Parra who is also on 600k and has already had multiple stories on how he wants out of the club since initally not taking the pay cut instead letting down his parra team mates, then dropped to the bench and then the potential swap with addo car.

At Manly Matto gains an advantage by getting to play starting lock as we lack an agile and mobile starting 13, gets to play with his brother Dean and lives in a better area (with a better team). This also allows us to strengthen our props of Jake getting the move into the front row as he now lacks the speed and mobility of the modern day starting lock.

Parra are also keen on freeing up some cash for a quality outside back to replace Sean Russel as their starting winger and letting go of one of their bench forwards for 600k seems to be the perfect way how to. Especially when they still have ofahengaue in their bench forwards to play that middle third roaming lock role for them.
Thoughts?
$600K + fines (if you want him to turn up) 🤭

Seems like the media has replace Marty with Aloiai in regards to leaving Manly rumours.
Marty went nowhere despite 30 articles saying he was leaving.

Is Aloiai going to get more $$ elsewhere than Manly are paying him - No.

He ain't going anywhere

I think oshay had potential to be a big upside in the pack for next season
if he left though i wouldnt be too upset

what i do like is seibs seriously looking to rearrange the furniture
as a constant bottom 6 side that add one or 2 bargain basement signatures each season the rebuild is entertaining at the very least

if we finish bottom 6 again at least the off season had highlights and hope. Some of the recent season hope has been pretty underwhelming. The tuilagi talk last ore season pointed to him being buy of the year

oshay out and brown in with an extra 400 k in cap isnt crazy talk if brown has overcome his back complaints

Absolutely no problem with letting Oshay go since he has spent most of his time here injured, dropping balls and causing dramas on and off the field. Likewise no issue with Keppie leaving as he was far too inconsistent and an error and penalty machine

But for an already weak middle rotation, replacing those guys with the likes of Waddell, Brown and the Tigers kid we may as well give up on next season. Like the idea of signing Matterson and he'd be a huge upgrade at lock but the fact is he's a rep quality player and we haven't signed one of those in about 8 years. Our money is all tied up in DCE, Trbojevic x 2, Schuster and even Garrick and I suspect our recent moves are about freeing space for Haumole rather than signing anyone decent. And that's not to say Haumole isn't worth it, because he is more than any of those guys

The club's recruitment and retention has been poor for a significantly long time now and it's surprising how long it has taken some people to realise this

Guess that taking into account the amount of times Alioia has been unavailable or carrying injuries when playing and a bit ineffectual , paying some freight may not be such a bad option .
Realistically no more then 150 - 200 k [ even 175 k for good measure ] but this would have some definite benefits if the right mix in the pack and less injury affected issues can then result
Just have to then get the Shu back up to that much preferred and really necessary level again .

Ryan Matterson could be the type of player who could fit into the 13 role for Manly quite well .
Know that he has obviously had a couple of unhelpful issues in past times but still has that bit of class and good ability about him and the Eels give the impression of being bit indifferent to him continuing there
Also maybe a bit of preparedness to provide just some minimum freight .
Prefer him to Nathan Brown on present indications and what he may be able to hopefully deliver

Out: Samuela Fainu
Out: Josh Aloiai
Out: Sean Keppie
Out: Kelma Tuilagi
Out: Viliami Fifita
Out: Alec Tuitavake
Out: Aaron Woods

In: Aitasi James
In: Corey Waddell

Awesome.
beautiful jim carey GIF

Absolutely no problem with letting Oshay go since he has spent most of his time here injured, dropping balls and causing dramas on and off the field. Likewise no issue with Keppie leaving as he was far too inconsistent and an error and penalty machine

But for an already weak middle rotation, replacing those guys with the likes of Waddell, Brown and the Tigers kid we may as well give up on next season. Like the idea of signing Matterson and he'd be a huge upgrade at lock but the fact is he's a rep quality player and we haven't signed one of those in about 8 years. Our money is all tied up in DCE, Trbojevic x 2, Schuster and even Garrick and I suspect our recent moves are about freeing space for Haumole rather than signing anyone decent. And that's not to say Haumole isn't worth it, because he is more than any of those guys

The club's recruitment and retention has been poor for a significantly long time now and it's surprising how long it has taken some people to realise this
It would torture my soul to see Mole playing in a different jersey.

The Mole is usually right more often than wrong with his rumours.

I’m not disappointed if Aloiai leaves, and wish him good luck if he does so. On his day, he’s actually a very good player, however, those days are far, and unfortunately, few between.

Maybe Seibs likes what he sees in Navale and would like to elevate him to Too 30, and lock him up long term.

If Aloiai does leave, we still have a reasonable roster of props:

Jake - Australian and NSW rep

Paseka - I wouldn’t be surprised if he plays Origin next year. He’s getting better and better.

Toff - he seems to be getting better with age, albeit, his defence is questionable at times

Lodge - he’s definitely a top prop, although when he starts in 2024 is a question

Bullemor - I think prop is his best position and he showed enough this year to suggest he’ll only improve

James - an unknown quantity as yet

Navale - he could be massive

Out: Samuela Fainu
Out: Josh Aloiai
Out: Sean Keppie
Out: Kelma Tuilagi
Out: Viliami Fifita
Out: Alec Tuitavake
Out: Aaron Woods

In: Aitasi James
In: Corey Waddell

Awesome.
Outs
Most of the players here wouldn't even play for us this season
Samuela Fainu was demanding 500k and he was our 3rd cover so smart to get rid of him
Josh Aloiai - drop balls, errors and suspension
Sean Keppie - same as Aloiai - he was our 1st cover
Kelma Tuilangi - miss tackles, drop balls, doesn't get involve running for 60m a game
Viliami Fififta - who? 4th / 5th cover
Alec Tuitavake - who? 4th / 5th cover
Aaron Woods - yea mate big loss, best defensive awareness in the comp and brings a lot to the table with his leg speed and hasn't missed a tackled all of last season. He was our 2nd cover as well.

So only 2 players in starting 17 we are loosing

Ins
Lodge: He's an in because he played 2 games in a 27 round season - runs hard and bends the defensive line and can stand up to the best props in the game. Much for effective then Aloai
Schuster: With Brooks signing Schuster will either play second row or middle forward off bench. Much more effective then Tuilangi.
Asati James: For me he is our second cover for middle forwards and will only play off the bench when he does play. Him being young gives him potential
Waddell - I actually see potential if they use him as a middle forward with leg speed like bully. When bully came he was just your average second rower with no attacking threat but since he has come to a middle forward role off the bench he has come very effective with fast play the balls generating momentum. Both these players have very similar physique and can Waddell being another middle cover in this role.
Caleb Navale: I know he's young but like there are players like Nanai, Walsh, Mam and Cobbo who he is older than. After watching him play 2 games and small parts of James I see those as our 3rd and 4th cover for middle forwards for this season. Navale has great motor, leg speed, defence and football intelligence.
*Nathan Brown: If Aloiai leaves we must sign another middle forward with aggression and Brown would be a good signing he would be our first cover for middle forwards. Although my part on Ryan Matterson would be the ideal scenario if we can't secure that secure Nathan Brown.
If Aloiai does leave and we do get brown he would get a bench spot.
Full Strength

8. Paseka
9. Croker
10.Lodge
11. Hamole
12. Schuster
13. Jake

14. Gordie
15. Sipley
16. Bullemor
17. Burbo

Cover
Middle forward
1. Brown / Aloiai / Ryan Matterson (plays lock, Jake front row, lodge bench bench and Sipley dropped)
2. Could be getting Brown and Aloiai but if not Waddell
3. Asiti James
4. Caleb Navale

All of this doesn't mention that how Paseka had his greatest season yet and next 2 years are primed to be his best as he is getting to understand his body. Sipley had his best season yet with the best part being his last 6 games of the season were all great performances. Burbo coming along nicely and what I believe will start second row over Schuster.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8