Other Games [Round 16, 2022]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Tipped a perfect round!

i am
the tipping god!

Attachments

• 85B13C94-222B-4DF6-93BB-039F20589FAF.png
    85B13C94-222B-4DF6-93BB-039F20589FAF.png
    440.3 KB · Views: 47
If old mate ref from the Raiders game gets dropped for the last second "no call", what happens to Chris Sutton who frantically had to penalise the Tigers #13 for tackling too hard on Josh Curran ....fired into the Sun?

I think the Canberra players were correct there. Ravalawa picking up the ball after Ramsay dropped it should have been offside.
Not 100% on the rule here, but I thought the ref rules on the first infringement, being the knock on. I think it happen early in the game as well and was reffed the same way.

Moses the Monster Suli is in his best form of his career

Des could not get the best out of him at Manly

Not 100% on the rule here, but I thought the ref rules on the first infringement, being the knock on. I think it happen early in the game as well and was reffed the same way.

You could be right. TBH I'm not 100% certain either.

Moses the Monster Suli is in his best form of his career

Des could not get the best out of him at Manly

He still can't read a defence above mini-mod level. We all know he can actually tackle, that's not the issue. Its his defensive reads that let him down. His running game however has always had the potential to be Mal Meninga like.

Still, I can't fault either of our centres right now. Koula started off good defensively and now he's backing his running game too and with his pace he's an absolute weapon. And Harper's form has been great since getting a re-call thanks to Parker's knee injury. He's bounced back bloody well from the hammering Talakai gave him and his subsequent dropping for the next game.

But it's technically not an infringement (knock on) until that player or another player touches it.
The Raiders didn't get a chance to touch it due to the offside player.
I know it was an innocent pick up from the Dragons player but he was still offside, it wasn't an accidental offside where the ball hits him, he chose to pick it up.

What if there was a Raiders player running through to dive on it?
Surely it'd be a penalty then.

It shouldn't change the ruling just because there was no Raiders players in a position to contest for the ball.

Just looked at the highlights (well the ending) of the raiders game and 'nothing to see here' will be the result.

The ref said he thought hunt was square but even if he did, it must be an anomaly as 99.9999% of the time if a dummy half makes that tackle, he's ruled as off-side.

annesley predicted response options:
1)ref made the right call
2)ref made a mistake but they're human so leave them alone as players make mistakes all the time

Just looked at the highlights (well the ending) of the raiders game and 'nothing to see here' will be the result.

The ref said he thought hunt was square but even if he did, it must be an anomaly as 99.9999% of the time if a dummy half makes that tackle, he's ruled as off-side.

annesley predicted response options:
1)ref made the right call
2)ref made a mistake but they're human so leave them alone as players make mistakes all the time

Sorry for quoting myself but I just listened to Annesley use "option 2", above.

How on earth did Jarrod Wallace only get 2 weeks for his spear tackle when both Karl Lawton and Brent Naden got 4 for theirs???

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6