Other Games - Round 17, 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I thought the Tits would beat Brisbane who were fielding a second-string team.
What this round has reinforced is that Melbourne and Brisbane will always be in contention to win the comp. They have an unlimited number of young stars just waiting for their chance to shine; all, apparently, under the salary cap.
We get excited about having one potential star in Tom Wright. The two one-city clubs have a dozen similarly talented kids. We have to rely on off-cuts from other clubs to make up our numbers.
In reality, our days of being truly competitive are over.

I thought the Tits would beat Brisbane who were fielding a second-string team.
What this round has reinforced is that Melbourne and Brisbane will always be in contention to win the comp. They have an unlimited number of young stars just waiting for their chance to shine; all, apparently, under the salary cap.
We get excited about having one potential star in Tom Wright. The two one-city clubs have a dozen similarly talented kids. We have to rely on off-cuts from other clubs to make up our numbers.
In reality, our days of being truly competitive are over.
This is not true
We have been under the pump for a long time and foundation way to win under adversity, maybe not in 70's but I truly believe in old fashioned heard work and team spirit, northern beaches can supply this above any other place on the planet. It's just not there at this moment in time

I'm always surprised...miffed when the team that gets thumped was the one I picked to win.

Then I see the 10 or so tippers that got 4 from 4 and wonder how, with my 1 from 4, I get it so wrong. I mean...even if you know nothing (like me) the law of averages should jag you a couple of wins!! lol sigh

That is the worst ever kick for touch off a penalty I have ever seen, from Ash Taylor. Kicked it 50 metres downfield and the ball finished 10-15 metres away from the sideline without going out

I thought Ash Taylor was supposed to go out there and tear Brisbane a new one and show the Qld selectors that they should have picked him and not DCE? All he ended up doing was show why they went for Cherry's experience over him.

I just watched the replay of the second half. Couldn't agree more. Now what happens with that young half?, does he play second fiddle to Cleary, hoping that he knicks off to play for his old man, wait for Maloney to retire and have a shot at 5/8, or go for the big bucks? Too much talent to be playing for the Windsor Wolves imo.

Unfortunately for him, if both Cleary and Maloney get through Wednesday uninjured and able to play next week, he'll either be back on the bench, in NSW Cup, or just has to hope one of them will be rested.

One great game while the first choice halves are out due to Origin doesn't make his career. Would he have looked so good against a full (or close to full) strength Souffs, Melbourne or St Merge? Against the Warriors who's defence looked like the Warriors of old, Luai had so much room to move it wasn't funny.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10