Other Games [Round 2, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

globaleagle

Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Thursday, March 9
Panthers v Rabbitohs, BlueBet Stadium, Nine/Fox, 7:50pm (done and dusted)

Friday, March 10
Eels v Sharks, CommBank Stadium, Fox, 6pm
Broncos v Cowboys, Suncorp Stadium, Nine/Fox, 8:05pm

Saturday, March 11
Roosters v Warriors, Allianz Stadium, Fox, 3pm
Dolphins v Raiders, Moreton Daily Stadium, Fox, 5:30pm
Storm v Bulldogs, AAMI Park, Fox, 7:35pm

Sunday, March 12
Tigers v Knights, Leichhardt Oval, Nine/Fox, 4:05pm
Dragons v Titans, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, Fox, 6:15pm

Bye - Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanly!

That fan who racially abused Trell ahould never ever be allowed to attend an NRL game again
yep shocker. Also read They were wearing a team jersey that was not Pen or Sou. Gee I hope it wasn’t a manly fan!

That fan who racially abused Trell ahould never ever be allowed to attend an NRL game again
I'd be interested to know how old the person is. Are we talking about a child? As much as I agree harsh steps should be taken, if the person is just a kid, hopefully any "punishment" also comes with some ......... enlightenment and he/she can understand it's just a game of footy and this vilification BS is, well, just that.

The Roosters will claim that it's a statistical impossibility (based on population demographics) that any of their fans could be at Blue Bet Stadium, when the Roosters weren't playing.
I never understood why someone wears the footy jumper of a team not playing. It never crossed my mind to wear my Manly jumper to any of the (albeit, very few) games I've been to where Manly wasn't playing. Must just be me.

I'd be interested to know how old the person is. Are we talking about a child? As much as I agree harsh steps should be taken, if the person is just a kid, hopefully any "punishment" also comes with some ......... enlightenment and he/she can understand it's just a game of footy and this vilification BS is, well, just that.
I understand that potentially at least one of the "persons" is a teenager.

"The alleged offender is reported to be a teenager who was wearing an NRL jersey - and they were neither a Rabbitohs or Panthers fan.

A fan (not pictured) aimed the slur at Mitchell as he walked into the tunnel (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)

A fan (not pictured) aimed the slur at Mitchell as he walked into the tunnel (Photo by Cameron Spencer/Getty Images)
Fox Sports’ Lara Pitt revealed it may have been more than one fan as security and police investigated the issue.

“I saw an incident at halftime in the tunnels as Souths players made their way to the sheds ... the alleged fans involved in this have left the ground,” Lara Pitt said on Fox League."

Last edited:
I understand that potentially at least one of the "persons" is a teenager.

"The alleged offender is reported to be a teenager who was wearing an NRL jersey - and they were neither a Rabbitohs or Panthers fan.

Fox Sports’ Lara Pitt revealed it may have been more than one fan as security and police investigated the issue.

“I saw an incident at halftime in the tunnels as Souths players made their way to the sheds ... the alleged fans involved in this have left the ground,” Lara Pitt said on Fox League."
The good thing from this photo (even though it's not mentioned by Fox in the caption) is that there were Penrith fans that were very happy to high five him when walking past. I can't say I'm a big fan of Mitchell's "indiscretions" on the field (or Walker for that matter) so I'm not suggesting people should have a love fest with him. But linking any of that to the colour of his skin ........ just ignorant BS in my mind.

I never understood why someone wears the footy jumper of a team not playing. It never crossed my mind to wear my Manly jumper to any of the (albeit, very few) games I've been to where Manly wasn't playing. Must just be me.
Yeah, have seen this a lot just lately, couldn't think of anything more scary than say being at a Parra v Bulldogs game and you're there with a Manly jersey on.

A teenager is old enough to know better.

The NRL needs to send a message that this $hit is not tolerated in the game. Life bans for racial slurs is appropriate.

No that’s a biggy with me as well. I just don’t get it.🤷‍♂️

Just getting onto the game, Souths were hard done by last night. Penrith got all the close calls and penalties, it was amazing how Souths came so close in the end. And as always the case, ref gives the last few penalties to Souths when the games already been decided.

Multiple news said it was a teenager, very classy.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2