Other Games [Round 2, 2023]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Just getting onto the game, Souths were hard done by last night. Penrith got all the close calls and penalties, it was amazing how Souths came so close in the end. And as always the case, ref gives the last few penalties to Souths when the games already been decided.
100% agree. If that drop ball leading up to Penrith's last try wasn't a knock-on I'll walk from here to Perth. Every day of the week that is a knock-on. Seemed like the Panthers could do no wrong in the eyes of the refs last night.

100% agree. If that drop ball leading up to Penrith's last try wasn't a knock-on I'll walk from here to Perth. Every day of the week that is a knock-on. Seemed like the Panthers could do no wrong in the eyes of the refs last night.
yeah, even the Penrith players in the in goal after the try was scored were amazed it wasn't pulled up.

I thought overall Penrith were the better side and deserved the win. In the first half especially they were all over the bunnies. Penrith will again be hard to beat this year.

Ch9 said roosters last night
From the SMH article.

"The Souths No.1 spun around and asked the fan to repeat what he said, as several other teammates, including Cody Walker and Keaon Koloamatangi, tried to identify the teenager wearing a Roosters jersey."

Must have been abducted and taken to watch the Panthers as punishment.

yeah, even the Penrith players in the in goal after the try was scored were amazed it wasn't pulled up.
There were a couple of questionable things - what did you think of the Chee Kam pass? I always thought once the arm carrying the ball hit the ground you had to play it.

I never understood why someone wears the footy jumper of a team not playing. It never crossed my mind to wear my Manly jumper to any of the (albeit, very few) games I've been to where Manly wasn't playing. Must just be me.
I don't get it either. Case in point - at our Dogs game last week I saw a guy with an Eels jumper on and another with a Knights jumper!

I think anyone who doubts how the Riff‘s season will go after losing Api, Kikau and the sidelining of May, may have to rethink it, they have such a powerhouse engine room, they will be thereabouts all year and it won’t surprise me to not only see them again in Oct, but to see them nail the three peat.

Many Astute judges are on the Rabbits this year, thing is they have become the Riffs bitches. The panthers have perfected controlling the tempo of the game, they compete and stay in the grind, then pull the trigger at exactly the right periods during games to burn their opposition.

They have developed another 9, (Api who) that can lead them all the way, we could and hopefully will be operating the same way before the season ends, Kenny starts and does the tough stuff, we have Froggy, who can and does the same thing, the Riff just manage their tempo so well, playing with the second 9 in their 17, as we should and now can, quite a few teams use 2, 9’s. Froggy struggles to play out a dominate 80, he gives everything, but he can’t compete with teams playing 2, 9’s, hopefully Gordie comes in after round 11, it will allow us to control our tempo when Frog starts to fatigue.

Cookie was exposed last night, he couldn‘t stay with the same intensity as the Riff who played the 2,9’s, they lost nothing when Kenny went off with his HIA, if anything they use that moment to up their tempo and burn the Rabbits. If Frog suffers a HIA or injury we will be even further exposed.

There were a couple of questionable things - what did you think of the Chee Kam pass? I always thought once the arm carrying the ball hit the ground you had to play it.
Think it got let go because his ball carrying arm was in motion all the time when he passed it, even though it looked like his forearm was scraping the ground. Thought it was ok for mine.

What is it with some of the Riff players mouthing off at the opposition, I noticed last night new winger Turuva and even Edwards at the end of the game giving it to Tass.

Robbo already made an apology for the roosters fan
It shouldn't be up to Robbo to apologise for some ignorant kid and it shouldn't be up to Demetriou to say it is unacceptable.
Doesn't matter which jersey they were in, it was an Australian racially abusing someone very publicly and Albanese and also Dutton for that matter should take the opportunity to make a very clear statement about it. Not to villify a kid or put them away for life, but to provide some education and leadership on the issue. This isn't 1788 and it's not 1949, 1967 or 1984 ffs.

It’s saddening to read that racial abuse continues in society. I agree with the calls for significant bans for “fans” who are found to have racially abused players, but it’s not really the solution to the problem. Just like with so many other issues in society, we cannot stop educating and calling out bad behaviour when it happens. These things take time, unfortunately, and society should never be complacent with the progress that is made (and I think a lot of progress has occurred especially over the last 5-10 years).

As for the game itself, it was a classical Penrith first half. They will be hard to beat again, that’s for sure, but I don’t see their ceiling as high as it’s been the last few years. I expect the gap to be closed substantially between Penrith and the next rung.

Yep Garner knoced on for sure

What is it with some of the Riff players mouthing off at the opposition, I noticed last night new winger Turuva and even Edwards at the end of the game giving it to Tass.
What about Luai tackling souffs players who were tackling other Penrith players?

He did it to Graham a few times & when Graham did the same thing back the ref called them both over & told them to cut it out.

Luai is such an obnoxious d1ck!

Not sure if it was commented on here,but in Rd1 last year,Luai stood over TomT,gobbing off at him after another Penrith player forced an error out of Tom.Hopefully the Panthers reign comes to an end this year,although with their depth,they’ll be there or there abouts for a few years yet

Not sure if it was commented on here,but in Rd1 last year,Luai stood over TomT,gobbing off at him after another Penrith player forced an error out of Tom.Hopefully the Panthers reign comes to an end this year,although with their depth,they’ll be there or there abouts for a few years yet
Didn’t Luai also stand over Xavier Coates when he got KOd in a SOO game last year too?

I’d love to see him get ironed out in a tackle, he’s an obnoxious turd.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8