Other games [Round 24, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Fk the eels, they deserved to win.

Fk the Storm, they are damaged goods based on last few weeks. Seriously starting to question the Storm's tenacity - they lost to a team we beat by 50 guys....and most games they won before they ran on to the field with the opposition thinking "if we give them a good run we are going OK". Manly went out there to win. Other teams since then have done the same, and Melbourne are now struggling with adversity.

The Panthers of all teams would be looking at this weekend thinking its their time - Rooters/Rabbits Double KO. Eels eat the Storm's record, and steal their Soul, but the Eels are a soul-less bunch themselves after their month of penance. That was their Grand Final, they peaked tonight - point proven. They could very well melt into the shadows from here.

So who does that leave?

Manly v Penrith GF is looking a distinct possibility imo.
Yep watch tomorrow and next week. If Manly and Panfers win well then put money on a Penrith vs Manly GF. The rest are on tilt.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
crazy world we live in when a side can win 19 in a row and simply have an off night and now they're 'toast'. The Eels lost 4 in a row and were flogged by 50 and are the team that suddenly went out tonight and beat that very team that's won 19 in a row. Anyone saying the Storm are gone based off that, is dealing in irony of the highest degree; meaning if the Eels can turn around 50 point thrashing and a 4 game losing streak, surely the Storm can recover from a 12 point loss off the back of 19 wins hahaha.

Eagles4Life

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
crazy world we live in when a side can win 19 in a row and simply have an off night and now they're 'toast'. The Eels lost 4 in a row and were flogged by 50 and are the team that suddenly went out tonight and beat that very team that's won 19 in a row. Anyone saying the Storm are gone based off that, is dealing in irony of the highest degree.
I don't think anyone is silly enough to believe that the Scum are "gone". I personally think they have peaked, and in more recent games have plateaued slightly below that peak. They are also definitely beatable as Parra proved tonight. No doubt that Bellamy will get them firing once the finals begin. They are still the favorites to win the GF, and I am pretty sure that's exactly what Des wants them to be.

40 nil

It's only a game ...
surely the Storm can recover from a 12 point loss off the back of 19 wins
Yes, I expect the Storm will seek redemption with a big win over the Sharks.

Will be interesting to see if the Eels back up their performance next week v. Panthers.

eagleron

Bencher
No it's just my perspective on the game. Basically we could have beaten the Scum if we didn't make those silly crucial errors.
It looked very much to me like the Storm tanked, we put 56 points on that filth two weeks ago, there's no way they've got that much improvement in them, it was handed to them

Rafferty

Mug punter
crazy world we live in when a side can win 19 in a row and simply have an off night and now they're 'toast'. The Eels lost 4 in a row and were flogged by 50 and are the team that suddenly went out tonight and beat that very team that's won 19 in a row. Anyone saying the Storm are gone based off that, is dealing in irony of the highest degree; meaning if the Eels can turn around 50 point thrashing and a 4 game losing streak, surely the Storm can recover from a 12 point loss off the back of 19 wins hahaha.
Tonight’s loss may not just simply be an off night, I believe it’s been coming for a number of weeks now, I think it’s pretty obvious it’s been brewing as a direct result of their 19 wins in a row, they looked physically spent and it was interesting to see them struggle to find their normal process (especially with the ball) under the collective burden of that progressive fatigue.

I‘m not crediting to much to Parra, good on them for the win and claiming their scalp twice this year, I’m also not prepared to completely write the scum off, because they are one hell of a side, but I will not be at all surprised to see them struggle to finish the year off, I guess we will know in 2 weeks time.

Hopefully the raiders win Thursday and force the Sharks into an early sudden death and they turn up and physically take it to them, another hard physical encounter will be the best result for us providing everything goes to plan and we meet them week 1. Tonights loss was not one of those losses a side had to have for their own benefit, they had plenty to play for, the outright most wins, securing the JJ and allowing themselves the benefit of resting a selection of players next week, it’s going to be really interesting to see how or if they bounce back, however I don’t see it happening.

The Who

Journey Man
The Storm still have Nelson and Funican (sic) to come back, and they are most certainly not done. Tonight was more a mental letdown and I'm sure they will re-group. Bellyache is the best coach in the comp and he'll have them firing in the finals.
I do believe that the inclusion of Pap Smear over Hynes has contributed to Melbourne's lessening of form. Pap Smear was incredible before his injury but he hasn't recaptured that form and having Hynes on the bench is a waste of talent.

eagleron

Bencher
I think it's all bs

eagleron

Bencher
Yes, I expect the Storm will seek redemption with a big win over the Sharks.

Will be interesting to see if the Eels back up their performance next week v. Panthers.
Doubt it mate unless the officials do their thing, the slime have a history of being helped across the line

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Tonight’s loss may not just simply be an off night, I believe it’s been coming for a number of weeks now, I think it’s pretty obvious it’s been brewing as a direct result of their 19 wins in a row, they looked physically spent and it was interesting to see them struggle to find their normal process (especially with the ball) under the collective burden of that progressive fatigue.

I‘m not crediting to much to Parra, good on them for the win and claiming their scalp twice this year, I’m also not prepared to completely write the scum off, because they are one hell of a side, but I will not be at all surprised to see them struggle to finish the year off, I guess we will know in 2 weeks time.

Hopefully the raiders win Thursday and force the Sharks into an early sudden death and they turn up and physically take it to them, another hard physical encounter will be the best result for us providing everything goes to plan and we meet them week 1. Tonights loss was not one of those losses a side had to have for their own benefit, they had plenty to play for, the outright most wins, securing the JJ and allowing themselves the benefit of resting a selection of players next week, it’s going to be really interesting to see how or if they bounce back, however I don’t see it happening.
I agree it's been coming for weeks but teams below Melbourne have had their 'coming for weeks' much earlier. Every other side in the comp have had their token loss. The fact that they've been able to hang on this long is a credit to them, not so much a knock.

Thing is, Eels were physically spent and got absolutely thrashed by 50. A line was put through them. They came out with renewed energy and suddenly things started happening for them. They are a far less gifted and mentally strong side than the Storm...so the logic says if the Eels can suddenly go from an absolute disaster to a side full of energy, I fail to see how a much better and more consistent side like the Storm can't just suddenly find the energy when it counts?

As long as I've followed RL, I have seen the 'loss they had to have'. It is rarely ever an accurate reflection of how a side will perform when the stakes are raised. Remember Souths putting 40 on us a couple of weeks before the finals in 2008?

HoldenV8

Journey Man
Interesting to hear Ennis after the game. Even he is now saying that maybe Bellamy needs to re-think Papenhuyzen at fullback and play Hynes there instead because they are not looking like the team they were since the change.

Snake

Snake's Alive!
Anyone else feeling like Penrith are the true dark horse of the comp? Cleary showed what a terrific game manager he is and that kicking game just makes life so hard for the opposition. They'll get Fisher-Harris and To'o back and they're full of energy after a mid-season slump. I reckon they could out enthuse the Storm on the big day. Sleeping Giant they are.

I think we can make a Prelim but are a year away from really challenging.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16