Other games Round 8 (2018).

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
More to the point, Thurston is playing one year too many.

What's the best sometime this year he'll realise it (or they'll nudge him to realising it), announce his retirement, and then the NRL will allow the Cows to take him out of their salary cap and put in Carney at the minimum wage.....

The cowboys first try.... Matt Scott stops in the defensive line, raiders fullback runs into him, yet the try is awarded straight away, no checking.

Manly get a try disallowed for doing... not quite the same thing as Lane (I think) went to the inside shoulder but still the knights player brushed him.

Both, I think should be tries... but only one team gets most tries sent to the bunker for a desperate search to disallow it.

sharks v titans... 3 field goal attempts...3 actual successes!

Cows average age is 29. We are 23.5. It only takes one year for an “experienced” team to become an “ageing” team. How they let Ponga go is beyond belief.Thry are simply too slow now.And a lot of their ageing players have a title under their belt so the desire falls.

The lack of pace out wide is so obvious. O’Neill Winterstein Linnett are past it and slow, Feldt is no speed king,Cootes injuries have slowed him and JT I think has lost the hunger finally.Matt Scott is ageing and coming off ACL, Cooper past it and Tomololo feeds off the cowboys winning. Without that he becomes the lazy player who was regularly dropped early in his career for the same thing.
Had a good bet with a northern buddy of mine they would not make the eight and we would finish in front of them.... got one of those right.

Unless Hastings gets picked and is better than I think he is I can’t see us winning more than a game or two unfortunately. We simply don’t have the cattle to cover these injuries and the coach is clueless right now. Our main competitor for the spoon is supposed to be the Titans now but they play tough each and every week and will win games at home. Unlucky last night again. And who knows with Parra. Will be a dogfight and a dogfight we must win.

One thing we need to learn from this is the importance of pace.At our best we are a skilful team but a slow team. The best teams have that edge in pace. I’d hate to know how much faster the Melbourne backs are than ours. Wright and Anderson have it in spades. For that reason alone they need a chance.

Last edited:
Cows average age is 29. We are 23.5. It only takes one year for an “experienced” team to become an “ageing” team. How they let Ponga go is beyond belief.Thry are simply too slow now.And a lot of their ageing players have a title under their belt so the desire falls.

The lack of pace out wide is so obvious. O’Neill Winterstein Linnett( when back from injury ) are past it and slow, Feldt is no speed king,Cootes injuries have slowed him and JT I think has lost the hunger finally.Matt Scott is ageing and coming off ACL, Cooper past it and Tomololo feeds off the cowboys winning. Without that he becomes the lazy player who was regularly dropped early in his career for the same thing.
Had a good bet with a northern buddy of mine they would not make the eight and we would finish in front of them.... got one of those right.

Unless Hastings gets picked and is better than I think he is I can’t see us winning more than a game or two unfortunately. We simply don’t have the cattle to cover these injuries and the coach is clueless right now. Our main competitor for the spoon is supposed to be the Titans now but they play tough each and every week and will win games at home. Unlucky last night again. And who knows with Parra. Will be a dogfight and a dogfight we must win.

One thing we need to learn from this is the importance of pace.At our best we are a skilful team but a slow team. The best teams have that edge in pace. I’d hate to know how much faster the Melbourne backs are than ours. Wright and Anderson have it in spades. For that reason alone they need a chance.

And probably an excellent chance of giving them some FG experience without too much pressure.

Of course there’s the pressure to win, and losing isn’t fun BUT not the sort of pressure that comes with trying to slot into a winning team when one of the stars gets injured!!

• 👍
Reactions: Sue
Parra must be confused, 7 nil up in the penalty count after 30 minutes last week losing the penalty count 3-2 this week.

Gifted parra that one. Another 5th tackle penalty, hand on the ball? Watch the replay tigers player had his arm on the Parras players arm....for 1 second! He is an utter drop kick chechin just hate the way he refs. Just let the players decide it

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10