Our #1 Supporter is here

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
It is a funny one as there is plenty on here that goes against what I personally feel. If anything I think that I (can not speak for any other moderators) I have been too lenient which has resulted in numerous posters leaving / not engaging. This has also made it difficult when there is some simple moderation, like Bozo posts, which then result in the poster throwing their toys out of the cot and not posting again.
Perhaps as moderators , you should ALL be more aggressive.

Not in a nasty aggressive way , but less lenient on some of the crap that goes on.

I’m not a mod , nor have an interest in being one , but if I was , I’d delete much of the nasty stuff that goes on.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Not in a nasty aggressive way , but less lenient on some of the crap that goes on.

I’m not a mod , nor have an interest in being one , but if I was , I’d delete much of the nasty stuff that goes on.
Ever since I've been here (wasn't here at the start) the site has relied on an expectation that members will act as responsible adults. Any editing or deleting of posts has been minimal and very much a last resort, despite the fact that expectation is often not met.

There's an argument that bullying and offensive material should attract stronger action because those things do end up turning people away. However I appreciate the reasons behind the minimal censorship policy.

But the other side of enjoying a freer community is that members should also take some responsibility for the culture here. For example, use the 'report' function. The mods can't watch everything but it's helpful to let them know when stuff is posted that you as a member find problematic.

Don't just rely on the mods (who don't have the time anyway) it's your site too so be proactive and give your feedback.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

To be honest that is where we need the report button to be used more. Also it is tough considering the general tone of some posters to try bring it back

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
spider man premature ejaculation GIF
That's both funny and just a little disturbing.

It is a funny one as there is plenty on here that goes against what I personally feel. If anything I think that I (can not speak for any other moderators) I have been too lenient which has resulted in numerous posters leaving / not engaging. This has also made it difficult when there is some simple moderation, like Bozo posts, which then result in the poster throwing their toys out of the cot and not posting again.
Not wanting to appear to pile in on this

Bozo tried to excuse an alleged sexual assault - and didn't back down with "bad boys will be bad boys"

I don't think that is a representative view of the ST members. I am comfortable to say I reported him from the standpoint of completely inappropriate posting.

Should the charges against the accused be proven or disproven I feel supplying that crutch is appalling

edit - interesting to note @Chip and Chase gets called out as a moderator in another thread by a high profile poster "he knows what he did was wrong"

Tough job and appreciate what is done by the mods

Last edited:

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Bozo tried to excuse an alleged sexual assault - and didn't back down with "bad boys will be bad boys"

I don't think that is a representative view of the ST members. I am comfortable to say I reported him from the standpoint of completely inappropriate posting.

Should the charges against the accused be proven or disproven I feel supplying that crutch is appalling

edit - interesting to note @Chip and Chase gets called out as a moderator in another thread by a high profile poster "he knows what he did was wrong"

The lines between inappropriate, a joke , and over the top , aren’t really that far apart.

I understand it’s a difficult job , I spend probably 5-10 hours ( sometimes a lot more ) a week on the caravan Facebook group I help run.

Nearly 8000 members , with over 7500 “ active “ , it’s very busy.

And we have quite a few confrontations and a number of agro members ( when things go wrong ) so it can be a tough job BUT as long as you work to a set of rules , and the other admins do the same it’s not too bad.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
The lines between inappropriate, a joke , and over the top , aren’t really that far apart.

I understand it’s a difficult job , I spend probably 5-10 hours ( sometimes a lot more ) a week on the caravan Facebook group I help run.

Nearly 8000 members , with over 7500 “ active “ , it’s very busy.

And we have quite a few confrontations and a number of agro members ( when things go wrong ) so it can be a tough job BUT as long as you work to a set of rules , and the other admins do the same it’s not too bad.
I get that passions can run hot on a footy forum but can't imagine getting riled up over caravans. What is the most contentious topic?

lsz

First Grader
Staff member

Reports make life so much easier

Andrew..

Bencher
Tipping Member
I just wanted to say that I feel the moderators on here strike a great balance under sometimes difficult situations.
I also wanted to quickly add that I apologise to anyone I upset during the rainbow discussion. I have a child who falls under the rainbow umbrella and it's sometimes difficult for me to not take things personally on their behalf.

Regarding our beloved Sea Eagles, I'm trying to not get carried away but I can't escape the feeling that something special is brewing and we just might give this comp one hell of a shake.
Best wishes to all and enjoy the ride.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I get that passions can run hot on a footy forum but can't imagine getting riled up over caravans. What is the most contentious topic?
When things go wrong “ I’ve paid $120k for this Caravan and all the lights should work , I’ve got two that don’t “.

And then it’s on like Donkey Kong between the owners who say “ just fix the bloody thing yourself they are $10 LED’s” , nah Bugger that I want a full refund “.

And away it goes , you’d be really surprised I must say !!

ricardo

Bencher

Aussie gambling loses are the highest in the world. Great tits though

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
11 7 4 65 16
12 7 5 135 14
12 7 5 57 14
11 6 5 -9 14