Our Origin Contenders

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Tom and Jake are certain to play, Walker should play, DCE and Lawrence will be in the squad for QLD. In origin rounds we should have Hastings to fullback for Tom, Bainbridge in for Jake, Tom Wright or Brad Parker for Walker.

Tom and Jake are certain to play, Walker should play, DCE and Lawrence will be in the squad for QLD. In origin rounds we should have Hastings to fullback for Tom, Bainbridge in for Jake, Tom Wright or Brad Parker for Walker.
Although mate they would probably go with M wright or J wright for walker.

Don't be surprised to see Nate Myles selected, especially now Scott is out. DCE's biggest problem is that Qld tend to pick those who played the year before. He also has another problem for the bench utility spot in that you can bet your bottom dollar that Thurston will be pushing for Morgan. Though I suspect that Kevin Walters might want him in front of Hunt and Milford.

Tommy should be a shoe-in for a wing spot. I think they'll stick with Tedesco at fullback and probably play Maloney and Moylan in the halves (hopefully not Pearce and/or Keary). You'd have to think the way Walker out played Latrell Mitchell on Friday that he would be in contention, though if Dugan is back (2 weeks apparently) you can bet Daley will go with Jennings and Dugan in the centres.

For mine, the two teams for Game 1 will probably be (barring injury / suspension):

NSW
James Tedesco, Blake Ferguson, Michael Jennings, Josh Dugan, Tom Trbojevic, Matt Moylan, James Maloney, Aaron Woods, Peter Wallace, Andrew Fifita, Tyson Frizell, Boyd Cordner (c), Trent Merrin. Res - Jake Trbojevic, Wade Graham, David Klemmer, Dylan Walker / Jack Bird.

Jake might be the unlucky one who gets lost in the back row shuffle. If he does lose out it'll probably be to Josh Jackson. And I honestly think we've seen the last of the Morris twins in Origin unless there are mass backline injuries.

Qld
Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Dane Gagai, Justin O'Neill, Corey Oates, Jonathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Nate Myles, Cameron Smith (c), Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Sam Thaiday, Gavin Cooper. Res - Michael Morgan, Jacob Lillyman, Josh Papalii, Aiden Guerra.

With 1nglis out I'd expect Slater to be brought back, Boyd to the wing and Gagai to the centres.

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

Ok now I got that outta the way....

I've noticed over the last few years that we usually have byes during origin.

My theory is that the nrl believed we had a good team and so it was better just to give us the points as a bye rather than let us play...say the broncos or the storm where their weakened teams would probably get us the two points anyway.

So - give us the two points when most good teams are weakened to makes us have to play all the good teams at full strength.

This was on the back of having good players not playing origin (or retired from it) - you guys know...killer, snake, matai, dce, foz, etc.

Now.... if we start to really become a consistently good team again, the nrl will probably take the byes away from us during origin...to make us play teams in our 'weakened' state.

believe it....or....actually just believe it.

Ok now I got that outta the way....

I've noticed over the last few years that we usually have byes during origin.

My theory is that the nrl believed we had a good team and so it was better just to give us the points as a bye rather than let us play...say the broncos or the storm where their weakened teams would probably get us the two points anyway.

So - give us the two points when most good teams are weakened to makes us have to play all the good teams at full strength.

This was on the back of having good players not playing origin (or retired from it) - you guys know...killer, snake, matai, dce, foz, etc.

Now.... if we start to really become a consistently good team again, the nrl will probably take the byes away from us during origin...to make us play teams in our 'weakened' state.

believe it....or....actually just believe it.

There are so many inconsistencies with the draw and that's just another example. We rarely play weakened teams in origin period. Give me the Cowboys and the storm instead of those byes every day of the week.

From a Manly perspective, I'm hoping DCE doesn't get picked. But in a way, I'd love for him to be picked just to see Tallis and the other hypocrites who bag him lose their **** over it. I've heard Walters quizzed a few times over the make up of the Qld team and he constantly names DCE before the likes of Milford and Norman. Good to see he doesn't buy into the Tallis bull****.

From a Manly perspective, I'm hoping DCE doesn't get picked. But in a way, I'd love for him to be picked just to see Tallis and the other hypocrites who bag him lose their **** over it. I've heard Walters quizzed a few times over the make up of the Qld team and he constantly names DCE before the likes of Milford and Norman. Good to see he doesn't buy into the Tallis bull****.
Chez won't get picked and the Qld Media will gleefully point this out around SOO time again :swear:

JT wants Morgan and Walters dismissed the notion just this week on NRL360

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sta...s/news-story/3588749e63b503ecf8e3a72c0c4363ba

Great for us though :clap:

I can't see Lozza or Walters picking Walker or Myles this year. That leaves just the Turbos. I can see Tommy making a wing, especially with no Mansour, and Ferguson on the other, but it may depend on Brett Morris too. Jake for the bench? Could do worse.

If Hayne is fit he should be there somewhere. The only series we won in 10 years was because of him. Turbo brothers also need be in. As they will be the future . Unfortantly nsw still lack a halfback to workwith maloney. Id go reynolds from souths as he is a superboot. But maybe pearce has matured??. If we continue our form .walker will be needed too. Sure it dont help manly but long term the more players selected help us with the experience.

Mitchell Moses for five-eighth in SOO. After all, isn't he the hottest player in the NRL right now? Obviously Doesn'tmatta thinks so.

Don't be surprised to see Nate Myles selected, especially now Scott is out. DCE's biggest problem is that Qld tend to pick those who played the year before. He also has another problem for the bench utility spot in that you can bet your bottom dollar that Thurston will be pushing for Morgan. Though I suspect that Kevin Walters might want him in front of Hunt and Milford.

Tommy should be a shoe-in for a wing spot. I think they'll stick with Tedesco at fullback and probably play Maloney and Moylan in the halves (hopefully not Pearce and/or Keary). You'd have to think the way Walker out played Latrell Mitchell on Friday that he would be in contention, though if Dugan is back (2 weeks apparently) you can bet Daley will go with Jennings and Dugan in the centres.

For mine, the two teams for Game 1 will probably be (barring injury / suspension):

NSW
James Tedesco, Blake Ferguson, Michael Jennings, Josh Dugan, Tom Trbojevic, Matt Moylan, James Maloney, Aaron Woods, Peter Wallace, Andrew Fifita, Tyson Frizell, Boyd Cordner (c), Trent Merrin. Res - Jake Trbojevic, Wade Graham, David Klemmer, Dylan Walker / Jack Bird.

Jake might be the unlucky one who gets lost in the back row shuffle. If he does lose out it'll probably be to Josh Jackson. And I honestly think we've seen the last of the Morris twins in Origin unless there are mass backline injuries.

Qld
Billy Slater, Darius Boyd, Dane Gagai, Justin O'Neill, Corey Oates, Jonathan Thurston, Cooper Cronk, Nate Myles, Cameron Smith (c), Josh McGuire, Matt Gillett, Sam Thaiday, Gavin Cooper. Res - Michael Morgan, Jacob Lillyman, Josh Papalii, Aiden Guerra.

With 1nglis out I'd expect Slater to be brought back, Boyd to the wing and Gagai to the centres.
I reckon ure pretty spot on with who might play from our mob - Toms a special, Jake highly likely especially since the media love his efforts too, Dylan a reasonable shot if his form stays right up because Dugan is a pussay and a liability at Origin if he has had a hammy twinge even in the last year...And Myles again if he keeps up the purple patch of form will get a run cause Kev is very loyal. DCE thankfully NO chance because the utility spot is reserved for Morgan unless he breaks a leg lol

Our entire back 5 are elegible for NSW. It won't happen but the selectors could theoretically pick:

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
Kelly
Uate

as their backs. What's more, they'd probably do a better job than the people who will actually be picked.

Just listening to Paul Crawley on NRL 360 and he was speaking about the battle for the NSW 9 position and he will write in tomorrow's Telegraph that Api is 24, tough, and playing out of his skin and should be considered.

Anyone who has fox should watch that episode of NRL 360. It was a good show.

One thing I kept hearing before that from hooper on triple m and on that NRL today thing that's on way to early was that Brad Arthur had promised Moses to take his game to the next level. Hmmm?

Where have I heard that before?

Sounds like the Tigpies might be getting a very handy centre who is currently playing 6 and a big fat hard running also ex manly player in the next couple of weeks as a swap for a 6 who is not on Ivan's Bus.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10