Our recruitment priority for 2019

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Two lightning fast wingers, please.

Our current wingers are slow (Wright), error-prone (Parker), unreliable (Uate), or can't catch (Jorge). Has there ever been a worst bunch of wingers in Manly history?

We would have won 4-5 more games this season if we didn't have reserve-grade wingers (Jorge excluded).

Not sure who we buy ... not many wingers off contract

Suggestions needed.

Unfortunately Jorge is a reserve grade winger now as well

I dont care if we get Harold Horder and Cec Blinkhorn on our wings.

It wont help us one iota.

If we don't tighten up our defence and slow the ruck down plus get a quality 6 and a centre with at least 75 first grade games under his belt we are looking at spoon prospects again.

PS Kiddies if you dont know those most famous wingers remember "google is your friend".

I agree slowing down the play the ball should be highest priority, teams get on a roll too easily against us.

Recruit the tough heads like Spud Carroll...fitness guru like Ballin....and at very least let Tooves motivate the side somehow.
The truth is most of the problems are from the front office and recycled back.....The current squad with a healthy injury free season will match the Top teams if this area is corrected.
The mental toughness and pride needs to be restored and if Manly have the likes of Spud, Tooves around the players a bit more....a bit of the old school Manly steel will help get results on the field.

Recruit the tough heads like Spud Carroll...fitness guru like Ballin....and at very least let Tooves motivate the side somehow.
The truth is most of the problems are from the front office and recycled back.....The current squad with a healthy injury free season will match the Top teams if this area is corrected.
The mental toughness and pride needs to be restored and if Manly have the likes of Spud, Tooves around the players a bit more....a bit of the old school Manly steel will help get results on the field.
I’d love to see Donny Singe head up our training and bring Matt Ballin in to support him and work on our defence.

I think Anderson will excite Manly fans next year because he will make it into the 30 man squad and be allowed to play 1st grade straight away next year.
I’ve also mentioned in another thread that Zac Lomax from the dragons would be a good pick up. He’s really tall & strong in defence and attack. Could make a great fullback/centre, his 2 best positions and might be our best options for a tall winger with good hands.. He’s probably contracted at the dragons next year but they don’t seem to mean much these days

https://www.dragons.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/st-george-illawarra-dragons/zac-lomax/

The 3rd Turbo, Ben played in the u/17 Grandfinal last weekend .....

He wouldn't be the first player to debut at 18yo ....... can any one with more info give us an idea if this is possible/likely ?

I think Anderson will excite Manly fans next year because he will make it into the 30 man squad and be allowed to play 1st grade straight away next year.
I’ve also mentioned in another thread that Zac Lomax from the dragons would be a good pick up. He’s really tall & strong in defence and attack. Could make a great fullback/centre, his 2 best positions and might be our best options for a tall winger with good hands.. He’s probably contracted at the dragons next year but they don’t seem to mean much these days

https://www.dragons.com.au/teams/telstra-premiership/st-george-illawarra-dragons/zac-lomax/
No way they will let lomax go.. he is regarded as the next messiah over there. Rightly so, he and Bradman best are probably the two best nsw juniors coming through

• 📚
Reactions: R3

He wouldn't be the first player to debut at 18yo ....... can any one with more info give us an idea if this is possible/likely ?
Big future from all reports, but highly unlikely next year in my opinion. Anderson isn't ready in my opinion either. So take it with a grain of salt

I want Anderson on one wing. Although the club seems reluctant to give him a go. Hopefully he can get a chance.
Trent Barrett was reluctant to give him a go. We don’t know what the next coach will do with the young players and if he will give them a go or not.

What is important that those players who will make it in first grade need to experience the feel and demands of that grade early so they know what is required of them. Anderson , like Tom Wright, Funa, Fainu, Gosieski, Paseka, Suli, Parker, Kelly, Metcalf, Cust etc...all young blokes 22 and under, will over the summer months potentially reach the next stage in their development. A half decent coach and some defensive training, and the side will be in the 8 next season.

I'm not sure; however, I have a feeling Joshua Schuster or Albert Hopoate will be brought in before Ben. 2020 will be the year most likely from what I have seen (no inside info).

I'm not sure; however, I have a feeling Joshua Schuster or Albert Hopoate will be brought in before Ben. 2020 will be the year most likely from what I have seen (no inside info).
Yes. Ben is a rangy second rower, but from what I've seen he is not nearly as promising as Schuster who could become a star. He is a big second rower with the skills of a five-eighth.
Hoppa is a fullback. Both should get a chance in our Under 20s next season.

We need a gun 2nd rower. Sirro and Thompson have their days, plus Sirro seems to have trouble with injuries, and I know a lot of people love Thompson, but he doesn't quite cut it for me. He's had some good games for us, but I have lost count of the times when watching replays of the opposition scoring tries that he he seems to be involved in missing. He is not on his own there, but we need more from a hardened 2nd rower.

Either of these 2 on the bench with a gun 2nd rower please.
A 5/8 or wishful thinking is Tom Wright ready, or is he better off out wider...
One of those fast gun up and coming fullback/wingers
Mate i think the likes of Thompson and co missing tackles around or 1 off the ruck, is because we are missing the little general to tighten it . His name is Api k.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10