Our signing compared to others

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I was told Foran was going to the Rorters mid season by a friend who works at there club but then I heard nothing since, I thought we were going to keep him because all the talked stop.

1) Rumores start early

2) If the club was aware of this they would have to sign Orford for as long a possible.

3) The Roosters are trying to offload Peace and there was talk we were looking at him.

4) How to f@*k do the Rorters managed to stay under the cap.

Rambo1987 link said:
I was told Foran was going to the Rorters mid season by a friend who works at there club but then I heard nothing since, I thought we were going to keep him because all the talked stop.

1) Rumores start early

2) If the club was aware of this they would have to sign Orford for as long a possible.

3) The Roosters are trying to offload Peace and there was talk we were looking at him.

4) How to f@*k do the Rorters managed to stay under the cap.

Well, Willie Mason leaving would free up $450,000 if the stories in today's paper are true

ERNIE FOR NO7 link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181926.msg244831#msg244831 date=1256449317]
Why would Foran have signed with the rorters now?

His manager has previously stated that he won't sign a contract until mid way next year and why would he sign one now when his value will increase with every first grade game that he plays?

Also where will he play at the rorters?  Carney is 5/8 and pearce is half?  He wouold be wasted at hooker.  

Why would he sign with the Roosters ? Because his mothers partner is the Roosters Recruitment Officer. That has to be influential. There have been rumours that he signed a contract for 2011 more than 12 months ago.

If that is true one can hardly blame Manly for that.
[/quote]

Sure there are quite a few reasons for him to go to the roosters but the questions still remains where would he play at the rorters?

Surely a better career decision would be to stay here and be our long term 5/8 or go to the roosters and have to battle with carney and Pearce and Anasata for a 5/8 or half back role.   

I think that des would be a better coach to play under than Smith and he only he to ask Jamie Lyon (or Danny Bederus) about Smith.  At least at manly he has a chance of winning a premiership compared to none with Smith

Moops link said:
It just seems that we are on the slide at the moment and no one can be bothered to do anything about it. Power vacuum with no CEO? I said to a Manly mate of mine the other day that I fear we are turning into another Gold Coast, circa 1988-1997 - transit lounge for ageing players (dad's army) and Souths since their re-admittance. From what I have heard eg Daly Cherry-Evans off to the Dogs and Hodkinson wanting a release, what on earth is the club planning for the halves? Does the club have a plan? Or are they happy to remain competitive in the short term? Doesn't seem to much future planning going on

Who are these aging players ? You would find that the majority of our squad would be 27 or under I would imagine

Just looking at the backline of

Stewart, Robertson, Matai, Lyon, Williams, Foran, Orford, I think you will find that 5 of those are under 26 and 1 over 30

You are panicking far too much over 1 average year, in which I might add that we ended up 5th with a lot of players not playing to potential, if a few of those click again, and there is no reason at all that they can't, once again we are right up there

The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!

By the way can someone please send a pen to the Academy at Narrabeen. Apparently that is why the contracts remain unsigned.

Bradza link said:

By the way can someone please send a pen to the Academy at Narrabeen. Apparently that is why the contracts remain unsigned.
  They're taking the cost-cutting drive very seriously then. 

Bradza link said:

Pen with one 'n' or two 'nn's?

Bradza link said:

The contracts remain unsigned because we have no CEO and the financial controller was on leave.  The 2sm sports show again mentioned this afternoon the rumour of orford and Matt King to the raiders. 

Does DSM works for 2sm and is he spreading rumours about orford?

I'd actually like to see The Raiders build a decent team. I'd actually like them to get Michael Monaghan back as a Hooker, so it would be:-

Joel Monaghan
Michael Monaghan
Matt King
Terry Campese
Matt Orford
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Dave Shillington
Bronson Harrison

as the bigger name players in their team.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
[quote author=Moops link=topic=181926.msg244823#msg244823 date=1256440351]
It just seems that we are on the slide at the moment and no one can be bothered to do anything about it. Power vacuum with no CEO? I said to a Manly mate of mine the other day that I fear we are turning into another Gold Coast, circa 1988-1997 - transit lounge for ageing players (dad's army) and Souths since their re-admittance. From what I have heard eg Daly Cherry-Evans off to the Dogs and Hodkinson wanting a release, what on earth is the club planning for the halves? Does the club have a plan? Or are they happy to remain competitive in the short term? Doesn't seem to much future planning going on

Who are these aging players ? You would find that the majority of our squad would be 27 or under I would imagine

Just looking at the backline of

Stewart, Robertson, Matai, Lyon, Williams, Foran, Orford, I think you will find that 5 of those are under 26 and 1 over 30

You are panicking far too much over 1 average year, in which I might add that we ended up 5th with a lot of players not playing to potential, if a few of those click again, and there is no reason at all that they can't, once again we are right up there
[/quote]

I guess that time will tell!

I read a while ago Ryan, that he was going to sign for the Bronco's feeder club in the Qld Cup, so wouldn't be included in the Bronco's Top 25, and the NRL were considering how dodgy that set up was

I have heard that Sa has been released from the roosters.  I wonder if we will announce his signing soon?

Well - Matai is injured YET AGAIN, so maybe we can give the guy a year off to rest his neck, leg, eye and whatever else is injuring him every other day...if Sa comes to The Eagles.

For the record - I spoke to a guy on The Roosters recruitment team at a conference I was at, and he told me they wouldn't be releasing Sa at all.

We'll see if that holds any water then, won't we...

Ryan, say that sort of stuff to his face and you could end up with a fractured eye socket to match his :p

Also on the Sa speculation, reading the RLW Tri Nations issue Frank Pritchard has him at Penrith next year

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6