Our Squad - 2018

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though
Hey @BOZO old mate:
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles‏Verified account @SeaEagles 49m49 minutes ago
Brian Kelly's huge first year at the Sea Eagles capped off with selection in the Emerging Blues squad.

Just hot off the press :)

Thought's mate?
@Woodsie you'll appreciate this mate hahaha.

Good on the kid .... I'm not sold 100% on him yet, but I reckon he displayed a bit of character during his bad spell ... didn't drop his bundle and kept looking for work.

His apparent lack of "genuine pace" troubles me, but his acceleration and pace over 20m from a moving start is good enough to finish well when attacking their line.

Hey @BOZO old mate:
Manly Warringah Sea Eagles‏Verified account @SeaEagles 49m49 minutes ago
Brian Kelly's huge first year at the Sea Eagles capped off with selection in the Emerging Blues squad.

Just hot off the press :)

Thought's mate?
@Woodsie you'll appreciate this mate hahaha.
Huge year ???? Defensive lapses , Inconsistency which resulted in a 21 year old needing a rest ? I though aging players like Myles needed a rest not young virile players .
Good luck to Brian and I wish him all the best but ......
To be honest with you mate . If that's the best the blues have got in the emerging squad then heaven help us . Compare with the younger and more dynamic 19 year old QLD emerging sensation Ponga who signed a lucrative deal with the knights and you can see how far we are against the QLD talent .
Did you see how Kelly played in our last semi final game against Penrith ? He was in affective and was dominated by the Penrith outside backs .
Now if you want me to get excited , talk to me about the talent of Tom Wright who I believe will partner Walker and form a dynamic centre combination

Good on the kid .... I'm not sold 100% on him yet, but I reckon he displayed a bit of character during his bad spell ... didn't drop his bundle and kept looking for work.

His apparent lack of "genuine pace" troubles me, but his acceleration and pace over 20m from a moving start is good enough to finish well when attacking their line.
That is a fair assessment of Brian but 2018 can change that if he can step up . Its all up to Bryan. Good luck to Brian and all our players . I hope they can all step up and get us up further into the finals next season

Mate he was a real speedster a couple years ago. U have to remember he's probably put on a solid 10kg. Of course hes gonna take a little while to adapt to the extra size. I hear he's looking sharp at training, could be a big season for him

Mate he was a real speedster a couple years ago. U have to remember he's probably put on a solid 10kg. Of course hes gonna take a little while to adapt to the extra size. I hear he's looking sharp at training, could be a big season for him
A speedster when he was playing with boys in the under 20's. a couple of years ago. Lets hope he will surprise us next season .

That's oK feathered friend , we all have different views . You think Kelly and Brown are outstanding and I see them as weaknesses in our team .
You believe Lawrence was solid I didn't see it that way, I saw his decline and the rest is history when he ruled him self out of another NRL season because his body was done .
To be honest with you Ryan I am as puzzled as how you see some players as you are with me and this is what forums are all about .
I found it weird how he barely played in the finals game against panthers too and we needed him

Huge year ???? Defensive lapses , Inconsistency which resulted in a 21 year old needing a rest ? I though aging players like Myles needed a rest not young virile players .
Good luck to Brian and I wish him all the best but ......
To be honest with you mate . If that's the best the blues have got in the emerging squad then heaven help us . Compare with the younger and more dynamic 19 year old QLD emerging sensation Ponga who signed a lucrative deal with the knights and you can see how far we are against the QLD talent .
Did you see how Kelly played in our last semi final game against Penrith ? He was in affective and was dominated by the Penrith outside backs .
Now if you want me to get excited , talk to me about the talent of Tom Wright who I believe will partner Walker and form a dynamic centre combination

Come on Bozo, I luv ya bro, but give it a rest man.

Consistency will always plague a young gun in their first year. Brian was a bit more consistent than most young guns but it came in patches of form, 2 or 3 games at a time, while most young players will have a good game here or there. I was really happy with his first season, showed plenty of fight and had a heap of good games, blinder but a heap of fails. Not due to poor games just not playing at the level he was for the past 3 weeks he had. Im happy for him to be our long term centre, and I think he will. And people have got to stop saying his speed is slow, hes not james roberts or a waqa blake but he is fast for an outside back, and his acceleration is very strong. His footwork and ball work was also special, i wont forget the pick up and pass to taufua for a try picking up a ball around his bootlaces then throwing the perfect pass. This good looks the goods and is the goods. People want perfection but Rome wasnt built in a day, in this case a young players career isnt defined by one season.

Dont get me started on the rubbish that is our goal kicking.

Its not hard. We just need a goal kicker who bloody practices.

And it was touted we had a kicking coach this year.

From what was served up. He just needs shooting.

All our sorry lot just look like they don't want the job, and it's just way too hard for them.

Bunch of skirts.

Give Kelly the job but keep last year's kicking coach well away from him.

The 2017 kickers aka Walker, API, Wright all have the same or similar style, and no doubt it's the new fangled Union way, but the line up and approach is never at the Target, our boys balance when planting the foot esp Wright looks too far back.

More then one of our players took the ball back only about 10 meters, for kicks, probably mid way to the post. Why you would decrease the angle there is beyond me. So distance was never an issue. But it was a unique error repeated by a number of our players, which I only seen from our club this year.

If you can't tell. This rubbish goal kicking has to be my pet hate. Who is our kicking coach? Is Bozos cement truck still not being used!

Dont get me started on the rubbish that is our goal kicking.

Its not hard. We just need a goal kicker who bloody practices.

And it was touted we had a kicking coach this year.

From what was served up. He just needs shooting.

All our sorry lot just look like they don't want the job, and it's just way too hard for them.

Bunch of skirts.

Give Kelly the job but keep last year's kicking coach well away from him.

The 2017 kickers aka Walker, API, Wright all have the same or similar style, and no doubt it's the new fangled Union way, but the line up and approach is never at the Target, our boys balance when planting the foot esp Wright looks too far back.

More then one of our players took the ball back only about 10 meters, for kicks, probably mid way to the post. Why you would decrease the angle there is beyond me. So distance was never an issue. But it was a unique error repeated by a number of our players, which I only seen from our club this year.

If you can't tell. This rubbish goal kicking has to be my pet hate. Who is our kicking coach? Is Bozos cement truck still not being used!

Hastings would probably our best option here, Carney would have been perfect but we dont want him, Hodgo still a chance? Matt Wright is our second best option. Bring back Matai, he goes ok.

I agree with your sentiment, and what you point out generically as injuries, really comes down to DCE injuries.

We really can't afford the luxury of 2 rookie halves and expect to be a top 8 team. So here is hoping for a DCE injury free 2018.

Which is why being able to sign either Hodkinson or Carney wouldn't be a bad thing. An experienced cover should the unthinkable happen and Cherry gets injured.

Clint Halden phoned up Baz and told him he can still play back up half if Carney can’t get approved by NRL

I can sense Gorman is out there pushing really hard for a poo Metamucil sponsorship....

either that or
original_CW.jpg

Cody Walker. It's completely a gut call. He's not a organiser, not a kicker, not even that experienced at NRL.

I can't help but think of a Dale Shearer or Napper, an electric runner who can just ignite a team, from a top 8 side into premiers. We Probably spent all our cap and would have to off load one or two.

Am i wrong in thinking, when it comes to a half, Bozo wouldn't do the percentage play? it would be another explosive runner. Defence and game management will just have to sort itself out. This bloke can be the polish which makes the team shine?

Players we need in order to go from finals footy to premiership contenders in order of importance

Gutherson (left centre) the lynchpin and polish

Carney/Hodkinson (experienced organiser to free up DCE) the stabiliser and top shelf goal kicker (steady hands at halfback are what make the biggest difference between your best game and your worst game and also what wins the big/close games also a goal kicker above 75% would go a long way to more wins)

Walmsley or Napa (enforcer prop) the hard edge, the missing piece that takes our pack from serviceable to feared.

Would probably need to release a couple or simply back end some contracts but these are the missing pieces of the puzzle.

Players to be released ideally Hastings, Brown, Kelly Jono/matt Wright

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
10 9 1 124 20
10 8 2 81 18
10 7 3 70 16
10 7 3 69 16
11 7 4 59 14
10 6 4 -10 14
11 6 5 107 12
11 6 5 -9 12
10 5 5 -56 12