Over confident/considered losing?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
WAMF said:
My best hope is that the West Coast Eagles make it through to the AFL final in which case Qantas and Virgin may put on extra flights for that purpose. From Melbourne, I could pretty much walk :)

If that is your best hope I wouldn't be booking any accommodation.

If i was allways worrying about not winning the big one the why would i ever even bother turning up in round 1?

I look at the laws of probability quite a bit. The Broncos would have to win 9 straight games to win this one. That is a big ask in itself, more so when they are away from home, without DL and have been distracted all week. Manly, with the week off to freshen up, should be to good in the end. They have talented players across the side, and their young halves seem to be handling the pressure. As long as there are no brain explosions, and Manly don't panic, we'll be into the GF.

bob dylan said:
I went to the 1997 Grand Final vs The Knights without considering a loss. We had beaten them the previous 11 times or something stupid. It was all but sewn up with 20 minutes to go, the rest is history.

Yeah if we get beaten it will be a shock, but boy we have had a great season, and just like the Bronco's we can really look forward to 2012.

Same here BD. Since then I really struggle to say a game is in the bag. In the 2008 Grand Final I didn't acknowledge that we had wrapped it up until our score hit the 30s (so maybe I'm a little too conservative, but I think 97 really had an impact on me!). There's no way I'm calling this one before kick off!

This Manly side will treat the Broncs with more respect than those supporters who expect this team to be pushovers. If the players start the game thinking ahead to the Gf they will no doubt struggle, with momentum of a game so hard to turn in the modern era. Agree with the motives of this thread but believe Des will have the troops every bit as enthusiastic as the opposition & get up by plenty. ;)

DSM5 said:
Our coach is way to smart to let complacency and over-confidence creep into the team. Plus we don't have big-headed egos (ala Wests/Tigers) in the team. A win here and by plenty. Am I ever wrong?
Yes. You spelt 'too' wrong.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7