Ox must go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
To be honest I measure Manly players on two criteria:
1 - how good they play &
2 - how much they put in.

Orford failed on both on Friday. I can understand off nights and not being good enough. I can't understand 1 run for 0 metres, not being any where to be seen on fifth tackes.

I don't care if he was injured - if you're injured get off the field. He didn't put in and our season is over. Pathetic effort.

I think that OX does put in it is just that he is not up to it any more. It is more the Kites and Perrys that had lame seasons

And he can take Tony Williams, Bailey and Rodney with him.  Poor off season buying cost us as well.

1 year for say 100k and match payments for every game we win and he should consider himself lucky to get that. Time to start planning for 2011 and beyond

Most of the teams left have very good halves, we don't and that's were we fall down. Hodkinson & Foran halves for 2010, and before someone says they're too young have a look at the Robson,Mortimer combo.

Time to let Orford go, this year he's played himself out of a contract imo.

swoop link said:
Most of the teams left have very good halves, we don't and that's were we fall down. Hodkinson & Foran halves for 2010, and before someone says they're too young have a look at the Robson,Mortimer combo.

but they also have hayne he does more for them than anyone else.

We don't have the x factor

Dan link said:
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181714.msg241575#msg241575 date=1252830888]

[/quote]

B Stewart, Wamough, G stewart and a bunch of others. If you go back over the season you'll find a damning stat i.e the numbers of tackle in the opposition 20. Some games we had a 4 to 1 advantage but still couldn't put points on because of the lack of creativity by our halves.

The woeful start to the season didn't help.

swoop link said:
[quote author=Dan link=topic=181714.msg241578#msg241578 date=1252831229]
[quote author=swoop link=topic=181714.msg241575#msg241575 date=1252830888]

[/quote]

Brett Stewart may never be as good - fingers crossed though
B Stewart, Wamough, G stewart and a bunch of others. If you go back over the season you'll find a damning stat i.e the numbers of tackle in the opposition 20. Some games we had a 4 to 1 advantage but still put points on because of the lack of creativity by our halves.

The woeful start to the season didn't help.
[/quote]

tookey link said:
And he can take Tony Williams, Bailey and Rodney with him.  Poor off season buying cost us as well.

Well said and next years recruiting looks just as poor.

reyam link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181714.msg241546#msg241546 date=1252829265]
And he can take Tony Williams, Bailey and Rodney with him.  Poor off season buying cost us as well.

[/quote]

Maybe we can get rid of Orford and sign that Parramatta half who is playign very well at the moment.

Robson I think his name is.

tookey link said:
[quote author=reyam link=topic=181714.msg241597#msg241597 date=1252832195]
[quote author=tookey link=topic=181714.msg241546#msg241546 date=1252829265]
And he can take Tony Williams, Bailey and Rodney with him.  Poor off season buying cost us as well.

[/quote]

Maybe we can get rid of Orford and sign that Parramatta half who is playign very well at the moment.

Robson I think his name is.
[/quote]

you are taking the piss Tookey aren't you?

Yes he is. Robson is a weak half and yet Parra won easily today. I don't think our poor end to this year has that much to do with just one player but more to do with how they worked together as a team.

Just write this season off and move on.

We had all against us and the comp is set up so teams can not go back to back. Stewart caused problems at the begining - do you want him to leave us. Lyon got injured twice this year maybe he should go too then. Choc gave too many penalty's and had off field issues too so he better go too.

So what Orford had a bad year but last year he lead us to Grand Final win and the year before he lead us to the GF.

Lets move on until next year when we start fresh and hit the comp hard. 

I will continue to support who ever wears the maroon and white - So lets move on and wait to see us hold up the premiership again.

Go the mighty Sea Eagles in 2010............................

Rambo1987 link said:
So what Orford had a bad year but last year he lead us to Grand Final win and the year before he lead us to the GF.

You must have been watching a diffrent finals series last year because Jamie Lyon stepped up and lead us to a grand final win despite having a passanger as a halfback - The guy competes hard but he's a close to complete footballer as Michael Moore is to being voted Mr Universe.

I think rodney was very good value till he got injured. and bailey is a good footyplayer but didn't work out as a 5/8. not too disappointed in either of those buys. and farrar was a great mid-season pickup.

t. williams just might become a first grader, and if he does he'll make an  impact....

biggest criticism of the recuritment for me was that the plan was to have bailey 5/8 and lyon/matai in the centres. we lost bell and didn't really replace him in his position. So murphy's law kicked in and once stewart went we had a centre and wing problem. and if bailey was ever going to work out he needed a settled and confident set of outside backs.

I would agree ox's contact requirements and what suits manly best might be too far apart; a year with an option would be best (as per earlier arguments of kiwi eagle). 

T Williams wont become a first grader, at the moment he looks like a fringe player at best, but they cant even find a proper place for him in QLD cup

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8