Pack lacks grunt big time

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
RE: forward Pack?

the mauler said:
All the doom and gloom is starting again.. What a surprise.

Hard not to, when the players telling everyone how pissed off they are with their employers suck the hardest.

Attitude adjustment required. That, and Watmough needs to borrow someone's hands.

Starling is a plodder, horo is not playing well at all bj is way down on form, king is good for two good hit ups a game and that's it

Buhrer and symonds I like on the edges, but need momentum from the middle to make the halfbreaks and offloads.

Choc is an ironman, but can't do it all himself. Jsl is one of our best forwards, but doesn't get the minutes.

Hasson is a nothing, waste of a bench spot, doesn't get the minutes to prove anything, dump him for a massive prop like Epa, who may have an impact if that bench spot is only getting ten mins anyway

Souths and roosters will roll us if we don't address the issues up front

The effort is there but the kilo's are lacking both the mixos and the gambler have given it to us in the last few weeks the spirit is more than willing but the flesh is a little week

dunamis lui + hopefully a fit glenn stewart will make a difference.

Horo hasn't been the same coming off the bench

Ryan said:
the mauler said:

Hard not to, when the players telling everyone how pissed off they are with their employers suck the hardest.

Attitude adjustment required. That, and Watmough needs to borrow someone's hands.

Choc had a bad night, but c'mon he's been our best the last 2 weeks. Playing on the Gold Coast and having a short turnaround killed us tonight.

Parra played Friday night, 2 extra days to prepare and it was their GF tonight. And it showed.

People righting off the team should know better.

effnic said:
Watmough does way more bad than good. Everytime he has the ball I cringe. Stupid off loads and a knock on waiting to happen. Wouldn't be upset if he left. Actually would be happy.

After tonight Parra won't want him

Too bad. Our team would improve greatly without him. Can someone tell the tosser he is not a bloody halfback.

the mauler said:
Ryan said:
the mauler said:

Choc had a bad night, but c'mon he's been our best the last 2 weeks. Playing on the Gold Coast and having a short turnaround killed us tonight.

Parra played Friday night, 2 extra days to prepare and it was their GF tonight. And it showed.

He was definitely fantastic the last two weeks mate. He HAD to be given the bad media and press he's creating.

Thats the thing you see. We are a MUCH better team than Parramatta. What lost the game tonight is attitude. The players with the disgusting attitude is Foran, Watmough, Stewart, and they all played ****.

You be a ****stain in the media, you have to back it up with performance, and they didnt. Not one. If they are a true advocate of the club, hell, they can have a night off.

Ryan said:
the mauler said:
Ryan said:
the mauler said:

He was definitely fantastic the last two weeks mate. He HAD to be given the bad media and press he's creating.

Thats the thing you see. We are a MUCH better team than Parramatta. What lost the game tonight is attitude. The players with the disgusting attitude is Foran, Watmough, Stewart, and they all played ....

You be a ****stain in the media, you have to back it up with performance, and they didnt. Not one. If they are a true advocate of the club, hell, they can have a night off.

If they dish that up come finals time il agree with you. Until that happens il put this one down as a bad night at the office.

Fair enough. I just refuse to give leeway when they bitch and moan, then dont walk the walk.

Foran telling the media he's "upset" and still is with management is disgusting.

That may be where his head was at when he was invisible tonight. He did play didn't he?

It was just a very disappointing effort in that 2nd half. Parra went up a few gears and we just stood there in the headlights mesmerized. Haven't felt this dispondent about the team since Des gate. 2009,2010 were massive injury riddled seasons. 2012 was the post Des / 2v beginning as well as bad injury problems near the finals but this just reeks of an attitude disaster that's been brewing for months. I cannot see this team making any impact this year now, it just looks like a shell of that aggressive never say die team we've been so used to.

Lui has been the best along with Buhrer of a lightweight pack this year. Missing him big time.

Not sure I agree with all the Lui live here.

King got injured, was it a peck?? Not that Nein asked any questions.

Lawrence was one leg.

Watmough was mistake ridden.

The bunnies will feel the pinch if they get 1st place at the end of this round.This will fall into place for manly.Just remember rounds 19 to 26 we've only had 2 games at brookie which sucks.

Been obvious all year, way too much pressure on the backrow and backs to gain or create yardage opportunities and a lack of aggression, spark and explosiveness up front in go forward and defence.

I guess many observers have felt the same but did not want to come across as "negative" or "not considered a real fan" or "just enjoy the win for once" which is totally understandable.

With such a classy backline and backrow you can never write Manly off but I have not been impressed with many areas in our forwards for the entire year even during the winning periods.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8