Panther fans mock viking clap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Is mocking the clap disrespectful?

• Yes .. very naughty and rude

Votes: 11 25.0%
  • No .. bugger the silly clappers

Votes: 33 75.0%

• Total voters
To stay on point .. my question solely relates to the mocking of the raiders viking clap by fans ... and whether it is somehow a revered and venerated holy tradition above such mocking ..

Whether Panthers players have become arrogant tools is a separate issue .. one that I think is hard to dispute
The issue is linked, monkey see, monkey do!

Disrespectful and smacks of arrogance. Also think there's a tinge of jealousy that they don't have their own 'brand' of chanting, so they mock their opponents'.

(Have to say I wish we had our own brand, e.g. mimicking eagle flying, or something unique.)

• 🤝
Reactions: R3
keeping up with the kardashians mud GIF by E!

Its a start I guess

Regardless of the answer, is there a return clash in Canberra?
If so, it's up to the raiders on field and their fans to return serve with a bit of spice and make regret it.
If they aren't good enough for that then they just have to suck it up.

Much ado about the panthers fans mocking the viking clap after flogging the raiders.

Some saying it was disrespectful and arrogant .. others saying it was great theater..

Personally I don't think the recent and borrowed spectacle of a bunch of green numbnuts clapping like uncordinated crack addicts .. is somehow a holy event, .. and it is certainly not something that requires automatic and unconditional respect from opposing fans ..

If they want to make a spectacle of themselves ... it is open slather for mine ... **** 'em .

What do you think ..
If the raiders were winning the panthers fans wouldn’t be clapping. You don’t want to be mocked then change the result on the field. They are happy to clap when they win.

Not exactly classy but definitely fair game. If Raiders were undefeated and Penrith were second last do you think they'd give a hoot about being mocked. Rugby league is tribal game, winners are gonna gloat and losers can either cop it or use it as motivation to be better.

If the raiders were winning the panthers fans wouldn’t be clapping. You don’t want to be mocked then change the result on the field. They are happy to clap when they win.

Of course, but win lose draw or bumkiss ... Is the clap sacrosanct .. or open to mock ?? Is still the question.

Disrespectful and smacks of arrogance. Also think there's a tinge of jealousy that they don't have their own 'brand' of chanting, so they mock their opponents'.

(Have to say I wish we had our own brand, e.g. mimicking eagle flying, or something unique.)

keeping up with the kardashians mud GIF by E!

Its a start I guess
Now you have started the tangent
Something like this ?

dante-gulapa-gulapa.gif

Why is it disrespectful for opposing fans to mock a teams clap ... it is only a pathetic copycat dreamed up by a work experience marketing kid a couple of years ago ... IT IS NOT a centuries old religious observance blessed and sanctified by the Pope.

It's all in the theatre of rugby league, we need it for the game.

Penrith will get humbled soon and they'll get jokes coming right back at them. They've been an irrelevant club for a whole decade, and now they're enjoying their success, let them have their fun.

Hardly seems a deterrent
Depends who's doing it I suppose. Here's an excerpt from the book **** Towns of Australia....

PENRITH
A bunker of blue-collar (or no-collar) bogans at the base of the Blue Mountains, Penrith is a super-slum notorious for its population of feral housos, yobbos and other ruffians. Despite the loose nature of its inmates, the Greater Western Sydney suburb is actually replete with amenities that any westie can truly appreciate: bespoke meth labs, palatial pokie dens and loads of wilderness in which to hide a body.

The Penrith uniform consists of a mullet or rat’s tail, ugg boots and a flannel shirt with a pack of Winnie Blues tucked into the upper sleeve (unisex) with a Southern Cross tattoo on either the bicep (for men) or the right breast (for women). The most popular pastime involves proud Aussie primary school dropouts moaning that they can barely make their next meth payment because educated immigrants took all the jobs.

Penrith is commonly known by locals as “Penriff” or “The Riff” due to the local accent/speech impediment, a source of constant confusion for Sydneysiders passing through on their way to Liffgow or Baffurst. The suburb’s most popular sports team is the Penrith Panthers, or in local parlance, the “Panfers”. The NRL team originally carried the derisive nickname “the Chocolate Soldiers”, which interestingly, given the make-up of their fan base, was not a racist slur but actually a reference to their sh*t-coloured jerseys.

Penrith is also home to the Museum of Fire, a tribute to the suburb’s long tradition of urban arson.

Depends who's doing it I suppose. Here's an excerpt from the book **** Towns of Australia....

PENRITH
A bunker of blue-collar (or no-collar) bogans at the base of the Blue Mountains, Penrith is a super-slum notorious for its population of feral housos, yobbos and other ruffians. Despite the loose nature of its inmates, the Greater Western Sydney suburb is actually replete with amenities that any westie can truly appreciate: bespoke meth labs, palatial pokie dens and loads of wilderness in which to hide a body.

The Penrith uniform consists of a mullet or rat’s tail, ugg boots and a flannel shirt with a pack of Winnie Blues tucked into the upper sleeve (unisex) with a Southern Cross tattoo on either the bicep (for men) or the right breast (for women). The most popular pastime involves proud Aussie primary school dropouts moaning that they can barely make their next meth payment because educated immigrants took all the jobs.

Penrith is commonly known by locals as “Penriff” or “The Riff” due to the local accent/speech impediment, a source of constant confusion for Sydneysiders passing through on their way to Liffgow or Baffurst. The suburb’s most popular sports team is the Penrith Panthers, or in local parlance, the “Panfers”. The NRL team originally carried the derisive nickname “the Chocolate Soldiers”, which interestingly, given the make-up of their fan base, was not a racist slur but actually a reference to their sh*t-coloured jerseys.

Penrith is also home to the Museum of Fire, a tribute to the suburb’s long tradition of urban arson.

You'll get mail for hurting someone's feelings ..

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8